• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

15 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Happy 4th of July

Blockbuster

Damian Lillard

While there is no progress with Miami. There has been progress in general. 

Portland and Boston has heated up talks about Lillard for Brown and Horford with Nurk going to a 3rd team. 

The issue is Lillard hasn't shown any interest in anyone but Miami and Brown want supermax from Boston or Atlanta. 

Atlanta has talked to a lot of teams and has reached out to Portland if Brown goes to Atlanta. I am told that they can put as many as 6 teams in the trade but have settled on a framework of three teams. 

Nurk is the biggest hold-up as they are having a HARD time trying to find a home for him. 

I am told the framework is: 

Murray and Hunter to TOR 

Siakam, JJ, and Horford plus 2024 1st (ATL likely SAC) to POR

Lillard to BOS

J. Brown and Nurkic to ATL

I am told Atlanta asked Portland to see what's the best they can get for Nurk on the market as Atlanta is not interested in Nurkic. Atlanta would prefer a smaller player for Nurkic even if the contract is equally not good. I am told Atlanta has an interest in a potential Nurk to Miami deal for Duncan Robinson but as you can imagine, Miami is reluctant to any Portland deal that doesn't involve Dame right now. Evan F from New York is another name the Hawks have looked into. There are teams interested in Nurk but to no value for Portland but of value to the Hawks.

That said, Boston is still progressing with contract talks with Brown so he has not been offered yet and Dame still is stubborn as an Ox about Miami. But this was a deal I am told Atlanta has brought to Portland if Jaylen Brown requests a trade and Boston offers Brown for Lillard. 

It's pretty much a dead trade market right now. Teams are set for the most part. Toronto did reach out to Atlanta again but Atlanta is not trading Murray unless Siakam is willing to resign which he's not. 

I am told that Portland is not bothered by that as much. The thought is you can resign him without issues but Atlanta isn't as willing to do so as Portland is due to the trade cost of Murray for them and if they trade Murray, they want a guarantee. 

Portland is considering trading Jeremi Grant. There are suitors for him but Portland wanted more assets for him. It's said that he will be available for trade by the deadline. There are teams said to be interested. 

Philly does not want to trade Harden which will upset Embiid but they didn't want to give Harden a major deal when he had no real market. Even less of a market than Kyrie. Kyrie had a market of three teams willing to give him 25+ per and Dallas just outbidded them just to keep Kyrie happy. Philly didn't and Harden only had one bid from HOU for 30+ million which is about what he's making now and he is PISSED about it but there is no real market for Harden right now. Teams just don't want him for a lot. Even his trade market is really bad and this is ultimately making it hard for Philly to deal with Harden right now but this is also on Philly. They made promises and didn't follow them. That's why you don't make promises in the 1st place, Philadelphia. 

Harden took less last year when he actually had a market but wanted to do good to Philly. I see why he's made. 

The Knicks have been shopping Randle for a star and haven't come close. They did come close to a PG13 deal with LAC but pulled out when they heard PG13 contract request which is why LAC put him on the market in the first place. 

I was just told Atlanta was turned off as well. 

Cleveland shopped both Garland and Allen but I am told the cost is exceptional and no one has come close. 

Gobert is really available but teams just don't want to come close to MIN's demands for a return. 

Embiid is who everyone is waiting for but I am told Philly wants to get two max spots in 2024 so they can give Embiid options. They are also hoping a star becomes available for a discount like Trae Young who teams are hovering for. The Knicks in particular really want Embiid and are willing to cash in for him. I am told, Morey isn't close to interested. 

It's a dead market right now, maybe things will heat up in Vegas. 

Atlanta is still the most active team is what my guy confirmed again. So we are very active but Atlanta wants to contend, if you can't help them do that, they aren't interested. 

Wow— So, DJ/JJ/Hunter/1st for Brown + bad contract.  That seems a bit steep.  If DJ has such marginal value on his own, why did we give up 3 picks and swaps for him?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Hawkish said:

Wow— So, DJ/JJ/Hunter/1st for Brown + bad contract.  That seems a bit steep.  If DJ has such marginal value on his own, why did we give up 3 picks and swaps for him?

It is, too steep in my mind but Atlanta wants Brown. Portland's price is steep for Lillard. That's why Miami is not close and Portland already told Miami, they want Bam for Dame. As you can imagine, that didn't sit well with Pat or Dame. That's why shit is dead as fish on that front. Atlanta tried to negotiate with Boston but Boston wasn't interested in Atlanta's pieces. The only PG they need from our team is Trae and he's not available. Whereas Toronto needs a PG and wants Murray but Atlanta has been reluctant to trade him. They also like Hunter who Atlanta has offered to Toronto but Atlanta's refusal to trade the kids or Murray is pretty much the end of Siakam talks for now. 

Maybe things change in December or Jan. 

Portland really covets JJ as a young piece is what he was told. Toronto does as well but that hasn't interested the Hawks in a trade for Siakam. They want JJ, Bey, and the others with Siakam. 

5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

It is, too steep in my mind but Atlanta wants Brown. Portland's price is steep for Lillard. That's why Miami is not close and Portland already told Miami, they want Bam for Dame. As you can imagine, that didn't sit well with Pat or Dame. That's why shit is dead as fish on that front. Atlanta tried to negotiate with Boston but Boston wasn't interested in Atlanta's pieces. The only PG they need from our team is Trae and he's not available. Whereas Toronto needs a PG and wants Murray but Atlanta has been reluctant to trade him. They also like Hunter who Atlanta has offered to Toronto but Atlanta's refusal to trade the kids or Murray is pretty much the end of Siakam talks for now. 

Maybe things change in December or Jan. 

Portland really covets JJ as a young piece is what he was told. Toronto does as well but that hasn't interested the Hawks in a trade for Siakam. They want JJ, Bey, and the others with Siakam. 

Incredible — JJ is off limits until we know what we have.  Just be patient, Landry.  We aren’t a contender this year anyways (with or w/o Pascal/Brown).

• Like 1

It’s a steep price for sure. I’m 50/50 on it now that I’m thinking about it more.

I don’t see Dame relinquishing on his Miami demand tho and that’s the key here.

Boston is just as good as Miami on the court, but FL has that no state income tax advantage.

Edited by ShooterSays
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

It’s a steep price for sure. I’m 50/50 on it. 

I don’t see Dame relinquishing on his Miami demand tho and that’s the key here.

Boston is just as good as Miami on the court, but FL has that no state income tax advantage.

Miami would be better with Dame

Dame

Martin

Butler

Love

Bam

or

Lillard

White

Tatum

KP

Williams

Miami is better but Miami also isn't trading anything of value. No one really wants Tyler Herro's contract whereas a lot of teams would take Jaylen Brown even at the max and even if he's picky and wants Atlanta. Atlanta has the assets to deliver for most teams especially Portland. 

I also think Portland prefers Williams over Horford but I used Al because Boston prefers trading him over Williams. 

Edited by NBASupes

52 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Happy 4th of July

Blockbuster

Damian Lillard

While there is no progress with Miami. There has been progress in general. 

Portland and Boston has heated up talks about Lillard for Brown and Horford with Nurk going to a 3rd team. 

The issue is Lillard hasn't shown any interest in anyone but Miami and Brown want supermax from Boston or Atlanta. 

Atlanta has talked to a lot of teams and has reached out to Portland if Brown goes to Atlanta. I am told that they can put as many as 6 teams in the trade but have settled on a framework of three teams. 

Nurk is the biggest hold-up as they are having a HARD time trying to find a home for him. 

I am told the framework is: 

Murray and Hunter to TOR 

Siakam, JJ, and Horford plus 2024 1st (ATL likely SAC) to POR

Lillard to BOS

J. Brown and Nurkic to ATL

I am told Atlanta asked Portland to see what's the best they can get for Nurk on the market as Atlanta is not interested in Nurkic. Atlanta would prefer a smaller player for Nurkic even if the contract is equally not good. I am told Atlanta has an interest in a potential Nurk to Miami deal for Duncan Robinson but as you can imagine, Miami is reluctant to any Portland deal that doesn't involve Dame right now. Evan F from New York is another name the Hawks have looked into. There are teams interested in Nurk but to no value for Portland but of value to the Hawks.

That said, Boston is still progressing with contract talks with Brown so he has not been offered yet and Dame still is stubborn as an Ox about Miami. But this was a deal I am told Atlanta has brought to Portland if Jaylen Brown requests a trade and Boston offers Brown for Lillard. 

It's pretty much a dead trade market right now. Teams are set for the most part. Toronto did reach out to Atlanta again but Atlanta is not trading Murray unless Siakam is willing to resign which he's not. 

I am told that Portland is not bothered by that as much. The thought is you can resign him without issues but Atlanta isn't as willing to do so as Portland is due to the trade cost of Murray for them and if they trade Murray, they want a guarantee. 

Portland is considering trading Jeremi Grant. There are suitors for him but Portland wanted more assets for him. It's said that he will be available for trade by the deadline. There are teams said to be interested. 

Philly does not want to trade Harden which will upset Embiid but they didn't want to give Harden a major deal when he had no real market. Even less of a market than Kyrie. Kyrie had a market of three teams willing to give him 25+ per and Dallas just outbidded them just to keep Kyrie happy. Philly didn't and Harden only had one bid from HOU for 30+ million which is about what he's making now and he is PISSED about it but there is no real market for Harden right now. Teams just don't want him for a lot. Even his trade market is really bad and this is ultimately making it hard for Philly to deal with Harden right now but this is also on Philly. They made promises and didn't follow them. That's why you don't make promises in the 1st place, Philadelphia. 

Harden took less last year when he actually had a market but wanted to do good to Philly. I see why he's made. 

The Knicks have been shopping Randle for a star and haven't come close. They did come close to a PG13 deal with LAC but pulled out when they heard PG13 contract request which is why LAC put him on the market in the first place. 

I was just told Atlanta was turned off as well. 

Cleveland shopped both Garland and Allen but I am told the cost is exceptional and no one has come close. 

Gobert is really available but teams just don't want to come close to MIN's demands for a return. 

Embiid is who everyone is waiting for but I am told Philly wants to get two max spots in 2024 so they can give Embiid options. They are also hoping a star becomes available for a discount like Trae Young who teams are hovering for. The Knicks in particular really want Embiid and are willing to cash in for him. I am told, Morey isn't close to interested. 

It's a dead market right now, maybe things will heat up in Vegas. 

Atlanta is still the most active team is what my guy confirmed again. So we are very active but Atlanta wants to contend, if you can't help them do that, they aren't interested. 

Don’t you guys think that the team getting siakam wouldn’t also want another power forward lol 

Not to mention that pf Trae brought out to his own home to workout with…

• Like 3

Just now, warcore said:

He wasn't marginal until he got to Nate. 

DJ doesn't have marginal trade value. He has a lot of trade value. It's just that Masai has Siakam trade value as insanely high as well. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

Don’t you guys think that the team getting siakam wouldn’t also want another power forward lol 

Not to mention that pf Trae brought out to his own home to workout with…

JJ is liked around the league. If you think he can be an excellent 6th man for you and he's cheap, you go for him. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ShooterSays said:

Can’t imagine that JJ would be the glue holding this trade together. If you swap him out for a 1st, gut says it wouldn’t kill things.

I would easily prefer to give up a 1st than JJ. He's a 1st that we nailed (thanks, Travis)

• Thanks 1

Just now, Sothron said:

Just to toss this in:

@NBASupes proposed trade is close to what I heard and was told not to repeat. Now that the cat is out of the bag ( and I can provide receipts for a source if need be ) I can confirm it. 

My extra toss in:

We've basically committed too much into a major trade at this point not to complete one. Either Jalen Brown or Siakam coming here. 

I am definitely keeping my eyes on Brown since he's the one that actually wants to be in Atlanta

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I'll say this.  Every year they talk about a big trade and nothing happens.  This time I'm hoping nothing happens cause I don't think Jaylen Brown moves the needle for us. 

We are supposed to have a lineup of Trae, Bogi,Jaylen Brown, ???, OO? 

That team is undersized at every position and no starting quality PF.  Treadmill!

Edited by marco102
  • Like 1

Actually, it appears with this trade framework that DeJounte goes to Toronto along with DeAndre.

So our lineup would be looking more like: Trae, AJ/Bogi, J Brown, Bey/OOO, Capela

I think would still be a pretty interesting result, but I'm 50/50 also on it. I go back and forth in my mind.

But it brings us back to the original trade issue for this offseason: What about Clint?

Is there any remaining momentum to deal CC, as a separate deal or worked into this behemoth deal?