• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Clint is washed now and was good at a lot of things you expect bigs to do. Even now, he's still tough, never been soft, doesn't get scared of physical, and CC is a solid post defender. 

Washed CC >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sarr as a 5. 

Clint is the worst pick and roll defenders on the team and is close to the worst perimeter defenders on the team but we shall see whether your predictions comes true.

2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Clint is the worst pick and roll defender on the team and is close to the worst perimeter defender on the team but we shall see whether your predictions come true.

Bruno is our best PnR defender, Bruno might be our best defender as a big and he can't stay on the court due to offense and he's offensively superior to Sarr right now. 

Edited by NBASupes

• Premium Member
27 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Bruno is our best PnR defender, Bruno might be our best defender as a big and he can't stay on the court due to offense and he's offensively superior to Sarr right now. 

Bruno is much better on offense than Clint...His problem is defending the paint and rebounding.  He is too small just like OO

3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Bruno is much better on offense than Clint...His problem is defending the paint and rebounding

Hmm.... CC is washed so he has up and down like a mug but naw. Even his offensive RAPTOR is still superior my a significant margin. 

https://neilpaine.substack.com/p/nba-estimated-raptor-player-ratings

Defending the paint is an issue for all of our defenders now that CC is washed. 

Edited by NBASupes

22 hours ago, Atlantaholic said:

Tyson Chandler was a huge bust for Chicago and blossomed into a very solid player like 8 years into his career on his fourth team. 

He was a huge bust as a tall wing forward, which they drafted him to be.

26 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Why are you so concerned with Sarr's game right now?  With no NBA development or coaching?  You don't draft people to win you championships their rookie year.  Everyone understands he's going to need development.  It's extremely rare to draft a big, even top 5 talents, that is going to be NBA ready day 1.  As long as the guy has a good work ethic, which Landry will be screening diligently, we don't have much to worry about-- no one is saying we're going to contend next year because we draft him.

Why wouldn't I be concerned? Why do you only ask this question to the person down on Sarr and not those saying off the wall comps like JJJ and KG? This type of behavior, I don't understand. It's basically telling me, you don't want to hear anything negative about Sarr. That's crazy, I have a full Edey thread and I know and expect to hear negative about him. Even from me at times. Why do we behave like this, that's more problematic to me. This [] is what we did with the Murray trade[]

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Bruno is much better on offense than Clint...His problem is defending the paint and rebounding

Bruno isn't anywhere near the best big defender on the team, nor is he as skilled offensively as Sarr.  That's just a ridiculous comment.

Onyeka is the best defensive big on the team, by far.  He's also the best offensive big on the team by far.  

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Clint is the worst pick and roll defenders on the team and is close to the worst perimeter defenders on the team but we shall see whether your predictions comes true.

Clint is so washed. The biggest disappointment is all the failed putbacks on offense.

Edited by theheroatl
  • Sad 1

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Hmm.... CC is washed so he has up and down like a mug but naw. Even his offensive RAPTOR is still superior my a significant margin. 

Defending the paint is an issue for all of our defenders now that CC is washed. 

Bruno is definitely worse than CC on offense.  It isn't particularly close, imo.  Bruno's lack of offense is the biggest thing holding him back from being a rotation regular career to date.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Bruno isn't anywhere near the best big defender on the team, nor is he as skilled offensively as Sarr.  That's just a ridiculous comment.

Onyeka is the best defensive big on the team, by far.  He's also the best offensive big on the team by far.  

[T]he data disagrees, the coaches disagree, even OO said progress ain't linear in the presser for the exit interview about his performance this year.

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Why do we behave like this, that's more problematic to me. This [] is what we did with the Murray trade[]

There was a pretty mixed opinion on the Murray trade with some people feeling like we overpaid to get him and others thinking it was a great idea.  You were definitely not alone in expressing reservations about the trade.  For both supporters and detractors, I would say most of us had things wrong about how that would shake out.  By way of example, I'll raise my hand and say I expected him to deliver more defensively but that he significantly outperformed what I feared we might get from him in terms of his perimeter shooting and scoring efficiency.

• Like 3

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, KB21 said:

And yet Snyder wouldn't start him last year at any time all season when CC was available.  I'd say either your view doesn't align with that of the coaching staff or that Snyder screwed up badly last season by starting CC over a player he knew was better by far.  It really has to be one or the other because CC absolutely was prioritized over OO by Quin.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Who would you draft at #1.   There is no superstar college player in this draft, there are no David Robinsons, Labron James, MIchael Jordan out there.    Sarr is the best player in the draft as of now as a big man.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Vol4ever said:

Who would you draft at #1.   There is no superstar college player in this draft, there are no David Robinsons, Labron James, MIchael Jordan out there.    Sarr is the best player in the draft as of now as a big man.  

The guy who [should not be] take[n] with the #1 overall pick.  

• Like 1

Sarr is the only guy who profiles as #1 pick in this draft to me.  If for some reason the front office doesn't like him, we should trade back IMO.  However, unless a better option presents itself, we gotta pick him.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

Risacher or Edey. Possibly Clingan. 

4 minutes ago, txsting said:

Sarr is the only guy who profiles as #1 pick in this draft to me.  If for some reason the front office doesn't like him, we should trade back IMO.  However, unless a better option presents itself, we gotta pick him.  

None of them profile as a top high lottery guy. Edey is my #1 prospect and I see him as a 6th man for the most part