• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 NBA Free Agency 06/30 at 6PM

JayBirdHawk

9 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I think a lot of people really like Wood.  But, if they dig deeper, they'll see he's a problematic player.  IIRC, he's been on like 6-7 teams in his career.  Has always been productive but never lasts long.  That's a red flag.

Whaaaat?  So you tellin me they don't wanna build around Lowry and Duncan Robinson?

It's comical hearing heat fans talk up their garbage assets knowing full well they'd hang up the phone if another team offered them  that package.

I liken the Heats assets to okra ice cream. 

Wait… is it fried okra or sautéed?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

.....is this a surprise? Nope. Everyone knows Miami lacks any real assests/picks.

PTL doesn't want Herro.

Piss on Miami. I'm being a hater on this one. They've accomplished a lot given how relatively new their franchise is to the NBA.

I don't want them landing more pieces.

Edited by Plainview1981
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, txsting said:

In other words, John Collins 2.0.

I don't know if that is totally fair.

I mean, not in the sense of mentally. I don't think that Collins is a glory hog or a player that totally wants stats over achievements.

I think he says he wants more opportunities to score, but on the court he doesn't go the extra mile to demand it. On the court it seems like he is often fine with slipping into the background. Hunter is kind of the same way.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

I don't know if that is totally fair.

I mean, not in the sense of mentally. I don't think that Collins is a glory hog or a player that totally wants stats over achievements.

I think he says he wants more opportunities to score, but on the court he doesn't go the extra mile to demand it. On the court it seems like he is often fine with slipping into the background. Hunter is kind of the same way.

I only mean production, body, skill set, athleticism.  Put the stats side by side and there isn't much to separate the two.  

16 minutes ago, BudBall said:

I just cant see Murray and Siakam on this team together, just way too expensive once they need to be extended next year.

Too bad you can't see it but I don't think they want to send Murray out no matter what. Murray was a guy that Landry identified. A deal would've already been done if it was Murray Hunter and a FRP.

The deal the Hawks want doesn't include AJ, JJ, OO, or Murray.

I think they sent a take it or leave it Hunter, Capela, and the Sac 2024 FRP.

Hawks wouldn't be the only team paying multiple players big money. Time to quit with the whining Hawks squawkers. Ya'll act like you are the ones paying money. Don't you want the best collection of talent possible to compete?

It's very strange.

I'm okay with adding talent, not substituting. It's not my money and I would like my Hawks to get in the luxury tax with talented players. Then and if then whiny Brad Rowland would podcast about title contention with a collection of talent, just not two max players ending in the 1st round.

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Too bad you can't see it but I don't think they want to send Murray out no matter what. Murray was a guy that Landry identified. A deal would've been done around Murray Hunter and a FRP.

The deal the Hawks want doesn't include AJ, JJ, OO, or Murray.

I think they sent a take it or leave it Hunter, Capela, and the Sac 2024 FRP.

Hawks wouldn't be the only team paying multiple players big money. Time to quit with the whining Hawks squawkers. Ya'll act like you are the ones paying money. Don't you want the best collection of talent possible to compete?

It's very strange.

It isn’t about who is paying the money.  It’s understanding the fine dance required to build a championship team given cap restraints.  Trae, DJ, Siakam better be a winning trio because you will essentially have mostly young players and cheap veterans surrounding them.

The Houston trade is a good example of opportunities to do just that, however.  Garuba and TyTy have the ability to ‘become’ solid bench players at a relatively affordable price.

Edited by Hawkish
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hawkish said:

It isn’t about who is paying the money.  It’s understanding the fine dance required to build a championship team given cap restraints.  Trae, DJ, Siakam better be a winning trio because you will essentially have mostly young players and cheap veterans surrounding them.

It's better than trotting out many other alternatives. Consider the cheap route. And how about the toting the line right below the Luxury tax scenario. How about the, not much talent available for trade scenario. How about the Trae is ready to ask out scenario.

I don't see you all playing out and posting other scenarios much. Just saying no too often to talent acquisition and instead opting for substitution.

It truly is mind-boggling the box many squawkers put themselves in..

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

It's better than trotting out many other alternatives. Consider the cheap route. And how about the toting the line right below the Luxury tax scenario. How about the, not much talent available for trade scenario. How about the Trae is ready to ask out scenario.

I don't see you all playing out and posting other scenarios much. Just saying no too often to talent acquisition and instead opting for substitution.

You’re right.  I’m not sure what the best option is.  My intention was to stand for those hesitant to make a big trade just because we feel the need to do something.  Also, I love the talent acquisition element.  We may all just not agree on what talent is and how it fits our current talent.  Just adding talent is the Brooklyn, Philadelphia, etc., way.  Opportunity cost and fit must be considered.

Edited by Hawkish
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Hawkish said:

You’re right.  I’m not sure what the best option is.  My intention was to stand for those hesitant to make a big trade just because we feel the need to do something.  

This team is weak on defense. It also lacks a 3rd playmaker that many title contending teams have. Solve one or the other this offseason or you risk some further frustration from the fanbase.

Just now, theheroatl said:

This team is weak on defense. It also lacks a 3rd playmaker that many title contending teams have. Solve one or the other this offseason or you risk some further frustration from the fanbase.

I agree — Can Siakam be that for multiple years moving forward?  Some claim he is on the decline?  Is there truth to that?  I like his body type and skill set.  Next summer’s free agency concerns me with how removed from reality NBA contracts seem to be.  No intention to offend or be difficult…

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hawkish said:

I agree — Can Siakam be that for multiple years moving forward?  Some claim he is on the decline?  Is there truth to that?  I like his body type and skill set.  Next summer’s free agency concerns me with how removed from reality NBA contracts seem to be.  No intention to offend or be difficult…

Nah you're not difficult. It's just I see things differently than many squawkers and it confuses me.

So many are hesitant about spending big money they aren't on the hook for and play out many what if scenarios lol.

I'm okay with either an upgraded defense or a 3rd playmaker. I'm okay with the hawks going deep into the tax for any sort of team.. We are so ingrained to think our team shouldn't ever do that.

As for Siakam, I view him the same as many other talents that are supposedly on the block...

Same could be said for

Harden, Lillard, KAT, PG... they are either old or have some questions. It's not like Jaylen Brown is actually available or else I think we should pursue him.

Edited by theheroatl