• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 NBA Free Agency 06/30 at 6PM

JayBirdHawk

2 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I'm guessing there's a big difference in wingspan

If we get Siakam one or both of those guys are gone. 

Dre 6'8 7'2 WS

Siakam 6'8 7'3 WS

Bey 6'7 6'11 WS

1 minute ago, Plainview1981 said:

Hunter starting at PF is silly. Bey+Hunter starting=Getting destroyed on the boards.

Yes this is the main problem with those two at the 4.

its why I believe that the goal may be to get the best possible player they can at the 4 who can shoot, dribble, defend, rebound …Siakam is a avg shooter at best but he can spot up hit a open shoot is the point.

Just now, terrell said:

Dre 6'8 7'2 WS

Siakam 6'8 7'3 WS

Bey 6'7 6'11 WS

Yeah it’s about those players style and not so much height or wing span in my opinion.

those guys can’t rebound or really get after the boards. Dre would be perfect if he could rebound but he can’t box out 3s effectively or consistently….what is he going to do vs bigger 4s?

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 minute ago, JTB said:

Yeah it’s about those players style and not so much height or wing span in my opinion.

those guys can’t rebound or really get after the boards. Dre would be perfect if he could rebound but he can’t box out 3s effectively or consistently….what is he going to do vs bigger 4s?

Yeah and Siakam has back to the basket moves as well as decent handles.  

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

So who starts at PF for us this year, if we don't get Siakam?

Bey can shoot, but he's a poor defender and small for a PF.

JJ is the prototype size for the new age PF, but he can't shoot from the outside.

Or do you play Mr. Hunter at the 4?

LOL @ poking holes in Siakam's game, when this guy has constantly proven that he can flat out ball.  Do you need to see a Boston clip?   Almost a triple double here playing point forward with Van Vleet out.

I think they lost this game though, so people will completely dismiss the effort here, and call it "empty stats".

Never said the man couldnt play

Trading for him just reeks of desperation to me. 

I hate 5 yr contracts that hes gonna want.. Thats what I hated most about JC's deal.. 

Id much rather pay Grant Williams the MLE to start at PF until JJ is ready..

Hell JJ might be ready now.. Quin obviously loves the dude.. Udoh should have him in the gym shooting 3s as we speak.. lol

Edited by terrell

5 minutes ago, JTB said:

Dre can rebound better when hes at the 4.. Hard to grab boards when your guarding on the perimeter..

Ive seen Dre grab 10 boards a couple of times.. lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I'm guessing there's a big difference in wingspan

If we get Siakam one or both of those guys are gone. 

If we’re not keeping DJ then it’s a lateral move at best.  We’d be in a similar position next offseason with trying to re-sign Siakam or otherwise losing him for nothing while giving up assets.

I never really liked the Murray Trae pairing, but now Im feeling like The team kinda owes it to Murray and to themselves to at least see if the pairing works with a better coach....

Trae and DJ were more than adequate with room for improvement. The elephant in the room has been the starting frontcourt imo.........

But worrying about a contract extension for a younger player next season or then trading for an older player that you’ll have the same issue with seems dumb....

Edited by terrell
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, georgia said:

I’d love for hawks to find a way to sign grant Williams.    I like siakam but if we trade murray then we have no off guard.    Williams can guard and shoot the hell out of it.    

Ideal scenario is for this Jaylen Brown thing to happen and include Grant in the deal back to us.  Then you can happily include DJM, Hunter, JJ, and maybe Capela; while trying to hold on to AJ and OO.  I don't personally think JJ is going to be anything special, but the upside of youth (and a bit of good film) gives him value right now that will disappear IMO as he ages and gets more playing time.  Same thing with Bufkin - just a replaceable guy so if someone wants him to get this done, throw him in.  SG types are the most easily replaceable position.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, JTB said:

Have the Hawks tried to develop Dre into being a better rebounder? Nate didnt care about development at all.. lol

Just sayin

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, JTB said:

when you stop only thinking about shooting aspect, Siakam is almost the best player to get .

And he represents a guy who could potentially take the #1 scoring option away from Trae, due to his versatility as a scorer at 3 levels.

That's not to say that Trae wouldn't still score.  But instead of having 26 pts - 10 asst, Trae may have 23 pts - 13 asst . . . while Siakam approaches the high 20s range in scoring.

Not having the burden to have to score high volume every night could actually help Trae's overall game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

And he represents a guy who could potentially take the #1 scoring option away from Trae, due to his versatility as a scorer at 3 levels.

That's not to say that Trae wouldn't still score.  But instead of having 26 pts - 10 asst, Trae may have 23 pts - 13 asst . . . while Siakam approaches the high 20s range in scoring.

Not having the burden to have to score high volume every night could actually help Trae's overall game.

In the same sense, playing alongside Trae will create easier shots for Pascal.  In Toronto, a lot of his shots were difficult shots to make.  A lot of off the dribble pull up jumpers where he's being guarded close.  

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I like Siakam much better paired with OO than I do paired with CC.  Siakam is going to get double teams from hell if he is on the floor with CC and CC isn't in the paint or running the PnR, imo.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, txsting said:

Ideal scenario is for this Jaylen Brown thing to happen and include Grant in the deal back to us.  Then you can happily include DJM, Hunter, JJ, and maybe Capela; while trying to hold on to AJ and OO.  I don't personally think JJ is going to be anything special, but the upside of youth (and a bit of good film) gives him value right now that will disappear IMO as he ages and gets more playing time.  Same thing with Bufkin - just a replaceable guy so if someone wants him to get this done, throw him in.  SG types are the most easily replaceable position.

Actually I could possibly include OO as available too.  I like his game, but without the shooting piece I can find guys like him.  Nice kid, good Hawks DNA fit, but probably not special.  AJ could be huge though, so it's a no on him.

1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

And more athletic and active than both of them.  And a higher motor than those guys too, although Bey does hustle.

Siakam is nice, but this kind of trade just doesn’t seem worth it to me. 

The fear of losing one of OO, DJM, AJ, and more picks is real. 

I know they can’t pay everyone, and I know that not everyone is a fit…

I may change my mind, but as of right now, screw this hypothetical trade. lol

The pieces I would want kept out of any Siakim deal:

Trae

DJM

Bogi

AJG

JJ

Gueye

OO

If we can build an offer around the rest of the roster, I’m all for it. lol

2 minutes ago, AHF said:

I like Siakam much better paired with OO than I do paired with CC.  Siakam is going to get double teams from hell if he is on the floor with CC and CC isn't in the paint or running the PnR, imo.  

If he does, Siakam is a good enough passer to feed the ball to Capela under the rim.  In actuality, Siakam being doubled could also open up wide open spot up attempts for Trae and our shooters.

This guy can just do too many things well.  Things that we can only dream of John Collins or Dre doing.

8 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Here you go. This is for their careers:

image.thumb.png.1ce43cd9ec3392917e8939de3683a19c.png

image.png.9006dfd64849cf89231630c4910569c9.png

Dont forget CC steals alot of boards from his teammates. lol

Maybe we can do more "gang rebounding" as Nate called it...🤣 

Edited by terrell