• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Top 3 In the East

sillent

I already thought we were pretty good as is and I know for a fact that last years record doesn't reflect our true talent.

After looking at the Power Rankings for this up and coming season (of course we were disrespected/underestimated), I can almost say without a doubt we will be top 3 in the East.

For once I'm going to keep my post shorter by sparring the details but I'm willing to bet at the very least my avatar that we have the top 3 seed going into the playoffs next season. Even keeping the team as is currently.

ps. watch it be top 4 (just to play with my emotions Smokey) but I can bet by than we'd all agree we should be top 3.

Edited by sillent
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, sillent said:

I already thought we were pretty good as is and I know for a fact that last years record doesn't reflect our true talent.

After looking at the Power Rankings for this up and coming season (of course we were disrespected/underestimated), I can almost say without a doubt we will be top 3 in the East.

For once I'm going to keep my post shorter by sparring the details but I'm willing to bet at the very least my avatar that we have the top 3 seed going into the playoffs next season. Even keeping the team as is currently.

ps. watch it be top 4 (just to play with my emotions Smokey) but I can bet by than we'd all agree we should be top 3.

As we look at the Current picture of the East....

Cleveland - Should be good. 

Milwaukee - New Coach.. but Should be good. 

New York - Should be Good. 

Philly - Ain't going nowhere.

Brooklyn - This is going to be a good team also. 

Boston - May have taken a step Backwards.  Losing Smart is going to hurt. 

Those 5-6 teams is where the contest is going to be...

Wildcards are Miami and Orlando (IMO).   Miami lost a lot in the offseason but Spoelstra can coach. 

• Like 1

I should probably review in/out for most teams. I think Cleveland got shafted last year and was the most dangerous team (when healthy).

6 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Wildcards are Miami and Orlando (IMO).   Miami lost a lot in the offseason but Spoelstra can coach. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sillent said:

Well at least youre not predicting multiple championships like you were before. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, thecampster said:

I should probably review in/out for most teams. I think Cleveland got shafted last year and was the most dangerous team (when healthy).

I agree with you on Cleveland.   I think they will be a problem.  As I look at them, it's hard to find a weakness. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Diesel said:

I like your optimism for those teams and I get it they clearly are in the mix.

I personally have even higher optimism for ours and the team I'm most concerned about is Boston.

The rest of those teams we either owe, still owe or have there number in my opinion.

I am slightly questioning what we will look like against Cleveland since we don't have JC to dunk on Jarrett Allen anymore. Maybe Onyeka and Jalen take on that role. I know it sounds crazy but I think that really gave us an edge over Cleveland.

Milwaukee we've had their number for awhile now. We keep a stiff arm for Philly and Ny and we won't/shouldn't be sleeping on Brooklyn anymore which means they shouldn't be a worry if we bring our A game.

As long as Miami has Jimmy they will be marked on our calendar because Trae shouldn't ever forget what they did to us/him in the playoffs 2yrs ago.

• Premium Member
Just now, thecampster said:

Okay, just looked over Boston. Yes, I think they took a step back but only a minor one.

Looked over Atlanta, If Jalen = Collins or better, we are better on paper.

Here's my issue with Boston.

While they have two great allstars,   the rest of their team (minus Williams) is old and injury prone. 

• How much longer can they depend on Horford?
  • Will KP make it through a Whole Season?
  • Brogdan is now their starting PG or playing PG a lot and do you trust him to not get injured?
  • White... is not sneaking up on nobody any more.   

On paper, lacking injuries they look good.. But in their skill positions, they have injury prone  or old players. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Well at least youre not predicting multiple championships like you were before. 

Oh it's coming😂🤣🤣 We honestly weren't far off when I did the 1st time we made it to the ECF with real potential to go further but I digress. I think the new core we have/built is even better.

3 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I agree with you on Cleveland.   I think they will be a problem.  As I look at them, it's hard to find a weakness. 

Right in the gut is where there weakness is... Similar to Portland they've struggled to get that wing player that puts them over the top.

NY took a step back, Toronto step back, Miami/Chicago step back. Philly step back maybe more.

Cleveland better, Brooklyn, better.  Washington got a ton of shooting and might actually be a lot better in a clumsy way.  They may win/lose a lot of games 130-129.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, sillent said:

I like your optimism for those teams and I get it they clearly are in the mix.

I personally have even higher optimism for ours and the team I'm most concerned about is Boston.

The rest of those teams we either owe, still owe or have there number in my opinion.

I am slightly questioning what we will look like against Cleveland since we don't have JC to dunk on Jarrett Allen anymore. Maybe Onyeka and Jalen take on that role. I know it sounds crazy but I think that really gave us an edge over Cleveland.

Milwaukee we've had their number for awhile now. We keep a stiff arm for Philly and Ny and we won't/shouldn't be sleeping on Brooklyn anymore which means they shouldn't be a worry if we bring our A game.

As long as Miami has Jimmy they will be marked on our calendar because Trae shouldn't ever forget what they did to us/him in the playoffs 2yrs ago.

Going into this season, I don't base anything on what we had over the last few season... 

I believe that Quin is more creative and will have a better plan than Nate.   I think Nate limited our talent.  I think Quin will open up our talent.  He already have buy in..  DJ signing the extension is the biggest act of Loyalty and Buy IN that I have ever seen.   Trae has bought in.   That's our dynamic duo.  Our other players do fit.   And there's a fit that Nate couldn't see because Nate doesn't think basketball the same.  That's no slight on Nate, he ran a very efficient offense.  It was also very limiting. 

By that same token, I suspect that Philly, Milwaukee, and even Toronto will be different because they have different coaches.  I don't pretend to know how these teams will loook.  I just know that on talent, they have players that are in their prime and are very talented. 

Cleveland is the scariest because they are the most complete.   NY is also scary but they are limited by their coach.  On Paper, NY should be a top 3 team because of their talent.  BUT... their coach lacks creativity. 

Our talent is young but it's there.   I don't think we have really looked at what we are with Bey.  I think now we must develop JJ. OO must improve as well. 

The question is... is now the time to bring in another star?  It depends on the star. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, thecampster said:

NY took a step back, Toronto step back, Miami/Chicago step back. Philly step back maybe more.

Cleveland better, Brooklyn, better.  Washington got a ton of shooting and might actually be a lot better in a clumsy way.  They may win/lose a lot of games 130-129.

I agree. Although Washington can be better than expected I've seen that movie before. Our old friend Travis is at it again (as a master rebuilder) and if Washington doesn't do bad enough they will lose their pick for this next draft and I'm sure he's not having that 😆

6 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Cleveland is just going to outmuscle 2/3rds of the teams every night. I could easily see them winning 60+.  Highlighted a few changes in Red...all good pick ups.  the good players on their out list only played because they were brought in to fill in for injuries or were just not as impactful as they needed to be.

But if they stay healthy, that's a really dangerous 10 deep roster. Strus' bad defense is easily covered on this team. Strus more valuable in Cle than Mia.

Cleveland Cavaliers

In: 5 Out: 8

Roster changes and transactions

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Cleveland is just going to outmuscle 2/3rds of the teams every night. I could easily see them winning 60+.  Highlighted a few changes in Red...all good pick ups.  the good players on their out list only played because they were brought in to fill in for injuries or were just not as impactful as they needed to be.

But if they stay healthy, that's a really dangerous 10 deep roster. Strus' bad defense is easily covered on this team. Strus more valuable in Cle than Mia.

Cleveland Cavaliers

In: 5 Out: 8

Roster changes and transactions

People ignored the moves that Cleveland made...

They replaced Cedi Osman and Danny Green with Max Strus and Georges Niang. 

Their big three is a budding Mitchell, Garland and Mobley.   Mobley has it all, he just needs confidence.   He's like a younger version of KD.   People forget that Garland missed the beginning of the season and just like us, he and Mitchell had to learn to play together on the fly.   I suspect that they will challenge for the top of the East because they have added Shooting to an already strong roster.   Their FO is running laps around everybody else.   I mean.. Emoni Bates.. Damn, this kid is another sharpshooter..  They have shooters in the tuck...

And while we are wasting time going after a non-shooting star, they have shooters galore and will be putting the beating on teams from the arc.  People are going to look around and try to figure out how did Cleveland get so strong... It's the shooters.

• Premium Member
38 minutes ago, sillent said:

@shakes you're itching to bet against us hungh?? I don't mind taking fans like that money.

If you really believe or don't believe for that matter we can arrange a bet on the side.

I don't bet for or against teams I like, bad juju.  

• Like 1