• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Days left to the start of the NBA season

Spud2nique

• Moderators
21 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Big dawg used to give rookies that werk...  He was a bully/finesse player.   He was Melo 0.5.  He had the size to bully players when he wanted to but he preferred to Antoine Walker that thang.    He was never a highlight guy but if you watched his game, you could learn a lot of big man tricks when he felt like going inside.  He was the craftiest rookie I have ever seen play.  It's like he came into the league knowing how to do stuff that only vets should know.  The other thing is that he loved showing up Rookies. 

I remember him giving The Big Ticket that work when KG was a rookie.   I was in the building on the day after Christmas during SAR's rookie year.   I was a fan of SAR (Mr. 20/10)... well, I got these bootleg tickets and we were playing Milwaukee.   Big Dog tried to abuse SAR that game.  Hit him with the low post, hit him with the pull up.. hit him with the lazyman three (a few times).   He exploited Shareef's desired to play defense in the paint by just killing him outside.   I don't know how many three's he hit but everytime I looked up, there was another one.  Then he would run by SAR when he would come out.   Sam Cassell was out there clowning.    The funny thing is not long after, we traded for big dawg... It may not have been the same year but maybe the next year.   I had to think the way that he exploited the rookie had to be part of it. 

When you say Shareef's rookie year, I assume you mean his first year in Atlanta and if that is the case this has to be the game you are talking about:

image.png

Shareef put up 28 and 11 so at least gave pretty good in return.

We traded for Glenn for the next season.

• Like 3

I came in here with just over 4 hours left west coast time and 1 hour left East. 

🧐 We got a Hunter (still hidden in the gym and street clothes I dunno if he’s Kawhi or … well Hunter .. 😂 

a Prince 👑.. I’d like to ask him about rebounds and being out rebounded by the opposition. I loved him.

Heiny 🤭…. crafty lil Iowa boy who had his best days in Chi town but brought us some funk too. I liked him.

I got nobody I think.. great job  :clap:

• Thanks 4

• Premium Member
13 hours ago, AHF said:

When you say Shareef's rookie year, I assume you mean his first year in Atlanta and if that is the case this has to be the game you are talking about:

image.png

Shareef put up 28 and 11 so at least gave pretty good in return.

We traded for Glenn for the next season.

If that's the day after Christmas or two days after Christmas then that's right.   I looks about right.   Yeah, you're right about Shareef's first year as a Hawk.... We traded Shane Battier.. I mean Pau Gasol for him.  🙂

Those three pointers were lazyman threes... i.e. Shareef wouldn't go out to the perimeter with Big Dog.  Even though Big Dog's game looked like Junk... when that dude had it going, it came from everywhere.....  AND  I hated Purdue.     And I didn't really like Big Dog that much and his 100 Million dollar deal was trash but at the same time epic.   But I do respect the fact that he had a lot of vet moves coming in to the league.