• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Preseason - Hawks vs Cavs

TheNorthCydeRises

• Premium Member

My Moment of Irony on the night....

Bufkin taking the Charge on Cooper...  Irony.   Bufkin's charge may cost Cooper a Spot in Cleveland.   The irony....

Cooper's replacement will cause Cooper to miss his next job. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
23 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

When Bruno comes in, watch how fluid the offense becomes, due to his screens and his passing ability.

On occasions when I visit to read and catch up, I suspect I'll be doing a lot of searches on "Bruno" and author: TheNorthCydeRises. 😄

• Haha 1

On 10/10/2023 at 5:30 PM, JeffS17 said:

Our offense definintely looks more like those Jazz teams which is refreshing to see

Hey mister Jefe, you been pushing the new Hawks being the old Jazz and I agree with Quin. My question is do you think the ball movement with take away from Trae’s assist average per game? Or does he still find a way to get in the neighborhood of 9.5-10 a night? 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Hey mister Jefe, you been pushing the new Hawks being the old Jazz and I agree with Quin. My question is do you think the ball movement with take away from Trae’s assist average per game? Or does he still find a way to get in the neighborhood of 9.5-10 a night? 

This wasn't sent to me but I had the same inkling watching the game.   The Ball didn't stick on Trae much but he still found his assists and scores.   I don't know if we will see a lot of 40 point games out of Trae... however, Teams won't be able to key in on him either.   I think the biggest thing that we need to see is an improved shooting season for DJ.   If he can get his 3pt percent north of 37%, our offense will be very difficult to stop.  His ability to hit the outside shot is what will open lanes for Trae to work. 

On those occasions when we have Trae, Bogi, and Bey or AJ or both on the floor together.... watch out!!!   Trae surrounded by Good shooters is dangerous. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Diesel said:

This wasn't sent to me but I had the same inkling watching the game.   The Ball didn't stick on Trae much but he still found his assists and scores.   I don't know if we will see a lot of 40 point games out of Trae... however, Teams won't be able to key in on him either.   I think the biggest thing that we need to see is an improved shooting season for DJ.   If he can get his 3pt percent north of 37%, our offense will be very difficult to stop.  His ability to hit the outside shot is what will open lanes for Trae to work. 

On those occasions when we have Trae, Bogi, and Bey or AJ or both on the floor together.... watch out!!!   Trae surrounded by Good shooters is dangerous. 

Soooo, over or under 9.5 dimes a night for Trae? Superstars find a way to get their numbers despite the system for the most part but this one is interesting it seems tougher to hit dime goals.

I don’t mind it. Whatever it takes just get us a ring 💍 please! Numbers and numbers. Having said that, I do like Trae being the king 👑 of dimes annually.

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I imagine his assists will come down a little, his "hockey assists" will go up a lot, and the time he's pounding the rock as the shot clock winds down will decrease significantly

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

We know you're here lurking 😉

(Don't think I ever suggested I wouldn't be back here on occasion, but just a whole lot less occasion. I will not be investing any emotion in this team for as long as Peter Antony Ressler remains the owner, but that doesn't mean a total void of interest in interacting with friends here regarding assorted topics as they arise. Things like Onyeka Okongwu, aka Fake Big O, attempting the NBA equivalent of a stolen valor campaign against an icon of both the NBA and the racial equality movement in the US do summon up some emotion... or like this revisionist history I've happened to see proposing that selling a stock at its all-time low is smart and, concurrently, yes, a team can get better by tossing a starting talent overboard for nothing in return. But that's different than being a fan, of course.)

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

JJ needs to actually set the screen though, lol.

It's on Trae too.  JJ can't move too much or it's a moving screen.  The key to a successful screen is the runner has to run very close to the screener, like Trae needs to almost touch JJ's shoulder.  It's kind of on both of them though, JJ ran down too far, and Trae ran up too high making it easy for his defender to  dodge the screens.

It's preseason though so I won't get too worried about it, Quin can fix that with one film review.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, sturt said:

aka Fake Big O, attempting the NBA equivalent of a stolen valor campaign against an icon of both the NBA and the racial equality movement in the US do summon up some emotion...

image.gif.5e4f02af06dfb1ead1f92d0cdb26ca18.gif

There’s a bluebird on my shoulder…

• Haha 4

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Soooo, over or under 9.5 dimes a night for Trae? Superstars find a way to get their numbers despite the system for the most part but this one is interesting it seems tougher to hit dime goals.

I don’t mind it. Whatever it takes just get us a ring 💍 please! Numbers and numbers. Having said that, I do like Trae being the king 👑 of dimes annually.

I will say under because more passing will come from other places.  I suspect the offense will be better and more guys will be involved in passing... like JJ and Bogi.

• Moderators
15 hours ago, sturt said:

On occasions when I visit to read and catch up, I suspect I'll be doing a lot of searches on "Bruno" and author: TheNorthCydeRises. 😄

Is that really any different than just searching Bruno?  :smile:

image.png

• Haha 4