• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 NBA Regular Season: Notes/Tidbits/Updates etc.

JayBirdHawk

17 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Ps When I watch Ernie he feels like family to me.

Same.  Seems like he's been around forever and seems like a good dude.  Not many of them left. 

12 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

No Ernie is the son of the GOAT.  Sr. was a fantastic player and then announcer for the Braves.  Well i don't know much about his playing career but loved him in the booth.

440px-Ernie_Johnson_1954_Bowman_144.jpgR.5cf5f33fc4e5a1a50b040ab264b5971f?rik=X

Listen Nicky, I'm not gonna quibble about GOAT vs legend or whatever. 

(This is a test, let's see if lil' Nicky gets caught by it.) 

• Like 2

I really hate nba media.  So the outsider breaks the GLLLLenn Rivers hire last night but no one was willing to run with it.

Woj goes on nbaradio this morning and is all, "they're not there with Doc yet, blah, blah, blah".

Then an hour later they all report it as if it's new news.

F these clowns.  How many times have they broken a story that wasn't "all there" from the perspective of the other parties?   Just give credit where it's due.  You got scooped.  Own it, coward. 

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, kg01 said:

I really hate nba media.  So the outsider breaks the GLLLLenn Rivers hire last night but no one was willing to run with it.

Woj goes on nbaradio this morning and is all, "they're not there with Doc yet, blah, blah, blah".

Then an hour later they all report it as if it's new news.

F these clowns.  How many times have they broken a story that wasn't "all there" from the perspective of the other parties?   Just give credit where it's due.  You got scooped.  Own it, coward. 

Doc has gotten handed another loaded team.  Not sure how he has been this lucky (many coaches never get one team they don't build up let alone 4 teams that are capable of finishing with the best record in their conference).  I'm curious how Bucks fans are reacting.  I would be scared as anything if I were them.  I love Doc as a former Hawk but he would scare me if he were hired as the coach of my contending team.

• Like 1

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, AHF said:

Doc has gotten handed another loaded team.  Not sure how he has been this lucky (many coaches never get one team they don't build up let alone 4 teams that are capable of finishing with the best record in their conference).  I'm curious how Bucks fans are reacting.  I would be scared as anything if I were them.  I love Doc as a former Hawk but he would scare me if he were hired as the coach of my contending team.

I think he'll be fine.  Giannis is not Embiid.  Giannis will still have juice come playoff time. 

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I think he'll be fine.  Giannis is not Embiid.  Giannis will still have juice come playoff time. 

The Bucks lost 1-4 in the first round last year.  They lost in the second round the year before.  The lost in the second round two years before that.  The team has enough talent to win but not enough to make it a fait accompli that they will be in the finals or anything.  Doc is going to have to deliver to get them a ring.  He wasn't able to get them over the hump in LA or Phily.  I'll be rooting for him to excel as a former Hawk (don't really care about Milwaukee much either way) but I don't have a ton of confidence that he will do better with them than they have done in their other non-championship seasons.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

When are folks gonna learn?  How many times do his teams need to implode and flounder for people to finally forget his one good year and pay attention to the multiple years of ineptitude?  Tell me, macd?  These are the questions, man!! 

• Moderators

I don't think Doc is a great coach but he's not terrible either.  Giannis was hurt last year in the playoffs if i recall correctly.   I will say that the Bucks are not loaded with talent and I don't think they will beat a healthy Celtics team this year.  But I don't blame Doc for the Sixers underperforming.  

22 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I don't think Doc is a great coach but he's not terrible either.  Giannis was hurt last year in the playoffs if i recall correctly.   I will say that the Bucks are not loaded with talent and I don't think they will beat a healthy Celtics team this year.  But I don't blame Doc for the Sixers underperforming.  

See that's the thing.  His results show quite unequivocally that he is a terrible coach.  The propaganda has everyone fooled.  It's maddening. 

23 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

The Celtics hate in me is waiting for the inevitable Porzingis injury and Celtics playoff collapse.  

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, bird_dirt said:

LP backlash was clearly warranted. Just look how well he’s done in the years since! So many coaching positions opening up and he could have his pick at any of them
Oh, wait. NM 🫤

Wait, we talkin about Kinny Atkinson? 😉

• Haha 1

• Premium Member

Doc Rivers' contract with the Bucks runs through 2027

Shams Charania: Sources: Doc Rivers is signing a contract through the 2026-27 season worth in the range of $40 million to be the Bucks’ head coach. Milwaukee is paying out former coaches Mike Budenholzer and Adrian Griffin, and now Rivers for next 3.5 years.

12 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Doc Rivers' contract with the Bucks runs through 2027

Shams Charania: Sources: Doc Rivers is signing a contract through the 2026-27 season worth in the range of $40 million to be the Bucks’ head coach. Milwaukee is paying out former coaches Mike Budenholzer and Adrian Griffin, and now Rivers for next 3.5 years.

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why @Diesel's theory about Kwin being 1AD simply will not happen. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
19 hours ago, kg01 said:

When are folks gonna learn?  How many times do his teams need to implode and flounder for people to finally forget his one good year and pay attention to the multiple years of ineptitude?  Tell me, macd?  These are the questions, man!! 

Like i said i'm not a huge fan of his .  His teams do well and fall short of actual championships.   He's got a lot of company there.  Carlisle is considered a great coach but hasn't gotten out the first round since the 2010 ring. 

Doc's only job really is to keep Giannis happy at this point.  But I don't think they have enough talent around him unless Middleton resurrects himself.  They probably can't afford a lot of depth paying $20 million a year in coachs.  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Like i said i'm not a huge fan of his .  His teams do well and fall short of actual championships.   He's got a lot of company there.  Carlisle is considered a great coach but hasn't gotten out the first round since the 2010 ring. 

Doc's only job really is to keep Giannis happy at this point.  But I don't think they have enough talent around him unless Middleton resurrects himself.  They probably can't afford a lot of depth paying $20 million a year in coachs.  

Man, you're at the watering hole, macd.  Why wontchu drink?  I've said similar things about Carlisle living off a lightly-earned rep.  He's atleast resurrected a good so-far season for IND.  Although I don't expect them to fare well when the real bullets start flying either. 

And GLLLLenn "doing well" is a product if him constantly being gifted talented rosters.  The fact that they always falter is evidence that he's not up to the task when he actually has to affect winning. 

Hatin' on Rivers is a passion project for me macd, my vitriol isn't aimed at you (for now... 😏

Edited by kg01
  • Like 1