• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 NBA Regular Season: Notes/Tidbits/Updates etc.

JayBirdHawk

14 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Part of that is he's always on the floor flopping for foul calls. For such a big guy, a feather can knock him over far too easily.

The falling definitely contributes.  

• Moderators

Embiid has had a torn meniscus for like 5 years.  He had one in the playoffs against us.  Don't you remember them mentioning it every 10 seconds "i can't believe he's doing this with a torn meniscus"!

I guess it's worse this time. 

• Like 4

• Premium Member
On 1/31/2024 at 5:38 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

Not sure if it has to be for the remainder of the season. Maybe a 10 Day works.

On 1/31/2024 at 5:50 PM, AHF said:

From the Larry Coon FAQ:

A player is credited with a year of service for each season in which he is on a team's active list or inactive list for at least one day during the regular season. This includes players who are on 10-day and Two-Way contracts.

Make it happen Landry.

10 Day doesn't apply:

Multiple teams would have signed Snell to a 10-day deal this week, league sources told Yahoo Sports, if that was all that was required to satisfy Snell’s 10th season. But for the retiree benefits plan, as written in the collective bargaining agreement, there’s a strict requirement for players to be on an NBA roster for the rest of the season by Feb. 2, or for a player to have played 50% of the season’s games.
 via Yahoo! Sports
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, theheroatl said:

I don’t know why Snells lifetime earnings isn’t enough to support his family. 99% of families support their special needs children on barely a small fraction of what he made.

Fair question, fair point. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

@benhillboy, get a message to the Heet.  We need them to tenderize the Clippers a bit today.  No injuries, just enough to make em sit the 2nd of their b2b.  Mmkay, thanks. 

Zubac is out so they have a much better chance at mucking it up.  Actually winning the game, eh.  Kawhi been back on his Finals MVP sh*t.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Zubac is out so they have a much better chance at mucking it up.  Actually winning the game, eh.  Kawhi been back on his Finals MVP sh*t.

Just keep it murky, my dude.  DGAF if they win or lose, just make it a 4qtr game.  Dare I ask for OT?

Ngl tho, if Kawhi stays healthy, LAC may winitall.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Harden

Larden :dance:

On 2/3/2024 at 4:55 PM, kg01 said:

Lavine out for the season.  Puts a little dent in CHI's trade plans. 

wtf Embiid now Lavine. Ugh 😑 get well guys. 

Odd stat. Is it just me or did this happen really fast. Passing Magic? I mean I know he wasn’t a top scorer but rather dimes but still during my youth it felt like Magic was in the league for 2 decades 😆..

Congrats Greek 

i_4e_b0_db_giannis-antetokounmpo.png?w=1

Jorge Sierra: Giannis Antetokounmpo passed Magic Johnson in scoring yesterday. He’s now No. 84 in NBA history.

via Twitter hoopshype
  • Like 1

Jazz overcome 14 point 4th quarter deficit.  Go on a 40-13 run to defeat Doc & co 123-108.

“The Bucks were barely clinging to the lead just under the 6:00 mark, 105-104.  We were able to catch a brief interaction between Head Coach Doc Rivers and star Damian Lillard coming out of a timeout.  This is where we believe the wheels started coming off.  Have a listen…”

B59D4695-D974-4526-B620-D82E6D380EA3.jpeg.ea581f1144251f431110f9ccd20d3a30.jpeg

Doc:  Ok kid.  This is gettin’ too tight.  We’re gonna have to get serious now.  I want you to go for the Triple Lindy.

Dame: Coach, I only have 6 assists and 0 rebounds and there’s only 5 minutes left.  We need this dub.

Doc: Nah, not that kid.  Iso left.  Do the Triple Lindy.  We need to regain control of this game.  

Dame: WTF is a Triple Lindy?

Doc: Aintchu seen that movie Back to School with Rodney Dangerfield?  The Triple Lindy.  You won’t have any diving boards so you’ll have to improvise.

Dame:  ……

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I just saw the exchange between Zach Collins and Don Mitch. First off, Collins was frustrated and hit him with an elbow on purpose, and as he should, Don attacked his face without punches rather fist pushes, excellent work.

Get this, after the altercation, Collins yells out, “I’ll F you up” 😐… ahhhhhh no. Absolutely not. Zach Collins would get his a$$ karatasized 🥋 for even being involved.

I just realized this may belong in the ISE forum. I’ve seen enough of Zach Collins trying to be Bill Laimbeer the enforcer. GTFO with your bs. We are done with the Spurs correct? 

It was a bs Kuzma style hit. I’m glad Don stayed cool and didn’t end him.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I have been looking into it for the past 2 weeks or so... and you know what... Regardless of what my signature may say... I don't think Minnesota will lose in the first round of the playoffs.  Nor do I think they will lose in the second round.   I watched these guys just demolish good teams.   Good teams.   I watched Ant-man doing load management while playing and they still beat the bejesus out of the team that they were playing.  The broadcasters were joking saying that Ant-Man said that he would only take left handed shots during the game...  That's how comfortable they are beating teams.  No ownership would be stupid enough to trade any of those guys.

So.. No Kat for us.

I'm confused.

Folks keep talkin about Maxey like he's as good as Trae.

Look more like Brandon Jennings 2.0 f*cked around and found out what it feels like to play with the mvp. 

Carry, muthafkr.  You a aLl-StArrRrr.... 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1