• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 NBA Regular Season: Notes/Tidbits/Updates etc.

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member

Sounds kinda similar to our team building effort except the Allstar caliber players they've added vs what we've not added AND subtracted. 🤓

“We wanted to get more athletic,” Harrison says. “We wanted to get longer. And we wanted to get better defensively.” 

• Like 2

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Meanwhile....

Other teams playing 3D chess and checkers while the Hawks ownership and front office are playing 'Go Fish' :blanky:

I agree but there again they didn't succeed either.   What could the Warriors have been offering i wonder.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, macdaddy said:

I agree but there again they didn't succeed either.   What could the Warriors have been offering i wonder.  

Sometimes it's just about a good faith effort.

When @Vol4ever started his trade thread in November....months later I asked him why that trade (Siakam) didn't initially happen? Said Ressler was unwilling to pay Siakam this offseason. So why would Siakam want to come?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

(I had to look it up).

Oh boy. The sky would have definitely fallen on this franchise.  :laugh1:

Haha, made you look!

A couple folks here would've had an absolute field day with that.  As it is .... crickets.

NOBODY WANTS TO TALK ABOUT A GUY LITERALLY VEOTING A MOVE TO PLAY WITH LUKA?

*crickets*

Well crickets until the guy in the team theyre a fan(sic) of has a bad night. 

41 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Meanwhile....

Other teams playing 3D chess and checkers while the Hawks ownership and front office are playing 'Go Fish' :blanky:

Isola talked about this today.  Basically were talking up the possibilities, how great it would be, etc.  Then, after a commercial break, changed his tune.  Said he got a call from 'someone in the know'*** who told him this was never going to happen because of lebrons opt-out.

That said, your point is salient.  Other folks are tryin' while we cryin'.. 

*** Remember Isola is a Klutch client iirc.  Gotta tow that company line. He went on to say Draymond was pushing for this.  Was pretty funny to hear him change up mid-show. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, kg01 said:

NOBODY WANTS TO TALK ABOUT A GUY LITERALLY VEOTING A MOVE TO PLAY WITH LUKA?

Yep.  Honestly though it could be (probably isn't but maybe) more about the hit to his stats which becomes a hit to his wallet.  

It is interesting how positive most folks are about Luka in general when he's a massive whiner to refs, sore loser, bad defender, has gotten ejected from games, racks up Ts, has drove away a guy considered one of the best coaches, drove Brunson and Porzingis out of town.

He's an amazing talent.  He needs to work to not end up with Harden's career though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

59 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Yep.  Honestly though it could be (probably isn't but maybe) more about the hit to his stats which becomes a hit to his wallet.  

It is interesting how positive most folks are about Luka in general when he's a massive whiner to refs, sore loser, bad defender, has gotten ejected from games, racks up Ts, has drove away a guy considered one of the best coaches, drove Brunson and Porzingis out of town.

He's an amazing talent.  He needs to work to not end up with Harden's career though.

EGGSACTLY!!!

It's like the emperor has no clothes, but a bizarro version.  All the townspeople see the dude nekked but refuse to acknowledge it.

Great player but has the exact ..... same warts people chide Trae for.  Exact same.  Yet people just go with it.  Make it make sense.

• Thanks 1

Dang I loved Jaylen Brown and now he’s doing the dunk contest. This boy was born 30 years late. Fck ya! ATL bring him home!!!

I like Mac too that kid got funk.

The Jaime kid is quietly a flyer too then he makes it loud.

Obi brother not super excited about..

I like the crop a lot.

Think it will be good this year. 

I got the Miami kid @kg01 he’s my darkhorse.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

Dang I loved Jaylen Brown and now he’s doing the dunk contest. This boy was born 30 years late. Fck ya! ATL bring him home!!!

I like Mac too that kid got funk.

The Jaime kid is quietly a flyer too then he makes it loud.

Obi brother not super excited about..

I like the crop a lot.

Think it will be good this year. 

Remember Wade isn't a judge this year so no one will be cheating for the heat like in years past.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

I want Jaylen though I know he’s a Celtic but ATL 💜. Who you got? Don’t count Mac out that kid the new Harold Miner he was built for this contest 😊 

He’s baby Bird .. not @JayBirdHawk 😐 

Wait Bird couldn’t dunk..

BABY REX CHAP COME AT ME 🏃‍♀️ 

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Remember Wade isn't a judge this year so no one will be cheating for the heat like in years past.

I heard :Nique: say him, Mitch, Gary (not a dunker but threw oops upside y’all’s heads to Kemp on Shawn)..and .. not sure about the rest. Prolly Dr. J again.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, JeffS17 said:

https://streamable.com/38cn97

This play kind of epitomizes Collins.  Great hustle, good board, kinda surprised he didn't turn it over, then cannot make a pass to save his life.

Yeah but i mean look at what those perimeter guys are giving him.  they are down by 1 point.  one of them should have cut to give him an easier, quicker pass and better shot than a desperation three that would have been hard to get off for anyone but Bogi.  They just stood there with their hands up watching him be quadruple teamed. 

image.png

20 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Yeah but i mean look at what those perimeter guys are giving him.  they are down by 1 point.  one of them should have cut to give him an easier, quicker pass and better shot than a desperation three that would have been hard to get off for anyone but Bogi.  They just stood there with their hands up watching him be quadruple teamed. 

image.png

Bless your heart.  Still defendin' ol Johnny boy.  I guess somebody coulda cut but that don't excuse him firing a 450mph fastball into the 37th row in tha clutch. 

• Haha 2

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Bless your heart.  Still defendin' ol Johnny boy.  I guess somebody coulda cut but that don't excuse him firing a 450mph fastball into the 37th row in tha clutch. 

Sure it was a bad pass but it's spreading around like some kind of shaqtin the fool/thanasis play.  very unlikely it mattered and it was all around bad playing.  It being JC has nothing to do with it other than that's the only reason it's posted here. 

• Moderators

JC being a bad passer is all the more reason for guys to make it easy on him and come to the ball.  If you leave JC hanging out there and rely on him to make passes when he is surrounded by three or more players who are trying to deny him passing lanes and strip the ball from him, then you are banking on a strategy that will get you a lot of ugly turnovers.  Kind of feel this was a predictable outcome like asking CC to shoot a 3 as the shot clock expires instead of stepping to him to let him give up the ball to a better shooter.

37 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

@kg01

As is the case with basically everything Silver has wrought on the league, it sounded like a good idea that ended up not passing the smell test under light scrutiny.

Farming a bunch of players with no concept of "winning" or "team"?  What could go wrong with that?

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
19 hours ago, kg01 said:

As is the case with basically everything Silver has wrought on the league, it sounded like a good idea that ended up not passing the smell test under light scrutiny.

Farming a bunch of players with no concept of "winning" or "team"?  What could go wrong with that?

What’s wrong with it?  They will finish the season with more All-Stars than wins but that is normal and good, right?

• Sad 3