• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 NBA Regular Season: Notes/Tidbits/Updates etc.

JayBirdHawk

21 hours ago, bird_dirt said:

Pacers gonna have an even tougher battle the rest of the season 

The quiet part said out loud ....

... just keep in mind when you see all the eggsperts cite a hamstring for all his struggles. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This was Joe Dumars prior:

Report: NBA Competition Committee reviewing whether game has tilted too much to offense

There’s a sense among some NBA observers the pendulum has swung too far and that defenses need some help now, too. NBA VP and head of basketball operations Joe Dumas said this to Tim Bontemps and Kevin Pelton at ESPN:

”...the league’s competition committee has officially begun reviewing whether the game has tilted too far toward offense and whether changes need to be implemented to achieve better balance.”

The Competition Committee is made up primarily of coaches, players and general managers.

All this echoes what Dumars recently told Vincent Goodwill of Yahoo Sports.

“The question is posed to each one of those groups: Is the balance out of whack? Do we need to balance this more to allow defenses to defend more, to do more on the defensive end of the court? And by and large, people are saying it wouldn’t be bad to have a little bit more defense... You don’t want it where the defense can just, you know, grab and hold, and you don’t want it when the offense has just this huge advantage, either.”

https://www.nbcsports.com/nba/news/report-nba-competition-committee-reviewing-whether-game-has-tilted-too-much-to-offense

So you telling me that it’s not just because we are better without Trae? Everyone has gotten a boost defensively post all star break?

That can’t be right at all. All problems start and stop at Trae Young. 

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
21 hours ago, kg01 said:

Ol' reactionary Adam, aka WackAdam, strikes again.

I prefer things get back to normal but changing mid-season is some ol' bowl sh*t.  Literally anyone paying attention could see things were off-kilter well before now, so they should've and could've made appropriate changes at the appropriate time.  

What am I to make of this final score?

Screenshot_20240311_073308_Samsung Internet.jpg

Not much when you consider the starting lineups.....but still, yikes.

Lowry, Payne, Aubrey, Harris, Bamba and they still managed to beat the Knicks who had Brunson 🤓

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

What am I to make of this final score?

Screenshot_20240311_073308_Samsung Internet.jpg

Not much when you consider the starting lineups.....but still, yikes.

Lowry, Payne, Aubrey, Harris, Bamba and they still managed to beat the Knicks who had Brunson 🤓

Ohhhh burd, you knew I couldn't resist that bait.

Well, since Brunson is the second coming of Clydr Frasier and Ali put together, that must've been the most epic 19 pts on 22 shots ever witnessed?  In fairness, he was up against the most epic-est backcourt since the monstars in Lowry/Cam Payne.

And I'm sure the sixers having the mvp in the lane didn't make things any easier?  What's that?  No JoeLLL?  Oh well I'm sure the great Mooooooo Baaaambaaaaa was on it last night.  Ya know, a pretty prominent squawker once picked him over Trae in that draft. 😊

But whatevs.  I don't know about any o' that.   I just know, if a certain SE conference team had a craptastic game/score like that, we'd hear about it.  Let's see whattha eggsperts say a out the second coming.... 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Donovan Mitchel will be ineligible for any end of season awards - he won't meet the 65-game threshold.

MYbe he shoulda come back and sleepwalked through games tryna reach 65.  Who cares if he helped his team win or not.  It's all about tha dolla's right, Haliburton?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Shawshank Redemption for me!

What say you Squawkers?

Good pick.

I'll go with Spiderman, into the spiderverse for a more recent one. 

6 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Big Lebowski.  Just to get under cagey's skin. 

Jokes on you.  That pick gets more under @Spud2nique's skin than mine.  Since ... ya know ... I've never seen that movie.  Is that even a movie?  🤓 

• Haha 2

• Premium Member

• Premium Member
24 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Here's why NBA and NFL will always have a leg up on MLMB... Major League ManfredBall...

(...no, seriously, that's the accurate term, since baseball as most of us have known it is now but a memory... )

Silver's not making the rules up as he goes.

Goodell's not making up the rules, either.

There is rather, an inclusive process. There is no rules monarch.

That is all. As you were.

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Sounds like when they tried to cut @kg01 from squawk and he came back postin! :dance:

Remember when we met up on fakegm and hatched the plot to infiltrate the squawk.  Good times, good times. 

• Haha 2