2023-24 NBA Regular Season: Notes/Tidbits/Updates etc.

JayBirdHawk

13 minutes ago, Jdawgflow said:

I really hate it for dude.  Chronic pain is no joke.

It's a shame that people still, even after 2 back surgeries, talk about him like he's faking it all.

People are terrible. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• Moderators
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

It's a shame that people still, even after 2 back surgeries, talk about him like he's faking it all.

People are terrible. 

There are legit questions about his love for the game but not about whether he has real back injuries.  Haven't seen people claim he is faking it into surgery but that is a ridiculous take.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

People are terrible. 

Yes they are. I’ve felt that way lately and have taken action in just trying to kick it with my dog. He seems to be the most even keel lately. He doesn’t judge me shoving my face. He likes walks. He likes naps 😴 he’s pretty easy going. He rarely talks $hit behind my back or goes to the media regarding our relationship. We speak a lot. He’s good pets! :yes: 🐕 

@JayBirdHawk I wanna get a shirt that says:

I don’t lift nuttin but my dawg 🐕 :mellow:👕 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

even after 2 back surgeries,

How many has MPJ had? Just wondering. Trae’s best friend went through a lot as well with the back issues. A close friend of mine had serious back issues and they are no joke and I wouldn’t wish them on my worst enemy. Every part of the body is obviously important but the back is tricky as heck. Get back Ben! 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, kg01 said:

People are terrible. 

I admit that I was skeptical at first.  But I feel bad for the guy.  It has to be mentally draining to not be able to do something anymore that you were elite at.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AHF said:

There are legit questions about his love for the game but not about whether he has real back injuries.  Haven't seen people claim he is faking it into surgery but that is a ridiculous take.

The guy Scalabrine hinted at it this morning on nbaradio.  It's very much a 'thing', imho. 

They brought up Draymond suddenly saying he's playing through a back injury.  Then said stte "but he's playing", as if Simmons wasn't tough enough to deal through it.

Didn't outright say Simmons is faking it but strongly hinted at it.

Nevermind the fact that draymond is putting that out to explain why he's suckin when the reality is father time takes no L's. 

7 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Interesting to see how this affects their payroll going forward.

Could they not make the payments?

Geez I wish we had a twolves fan that could break this all down for us.  Paging @Sothron.....

On another note, hearing the worrisome updates on the Knicks guys' injuries makes me sure of one thing.  This finna end OG and Randle's careers.  He gonna force them back out there before they're ready and it's gonna destroy them.  Not making fun of that but that's what I see happening if they allow him to play them. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Could they not make the payments?

Geez I wish we had a twolves fan that could break this all down for us.  Paging @Sothron.....

The Carlyle group were investors to help pay the next installment that's due March 31st. With them dropping out Lore and ARod need to find alternative funding.

Seems the snag was this:

Despite months of discussions, Carlyle and the NBA couldn’t agree on an investment structure.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Timberwolves exec had hard drive stolen with 'strategic NBA information' on it, charges say

The defendant worked with the team in analytics until last summer. He was fired soon after the suspected theft was discovered. 

The head of the Minnesota Timberwolves' analytics department had his work hard drive holding sensitive strategic team information stolen from his Target Center office and copied last month by a disgruntled underling, according to a criminal complaint filed Wednesday.

Sachin Gupta got the hard drive back a little more than a week later but not before roughly 5,700 files were copied that held employment and player contracts, "as well as strategic NBA information." Also on the hard drive were Gupta's tax returns and other financial information, and his login and passwords from a password management app, the complaint read.

The team fired Somak Sarkar, 33, after learning of the hard drive's disappearance. He was arrested Monday and charged in Hennepin County District Court with felony third-degree burglary. Sarkar remains jailed in lieu of $40,000 bail ahead of a court appearance on Thursday afternoon. Court records do not list an attorney for him.

Questioned by police after his arrest, Sarkar said that as a member of the coaching staff he had Gupta's hard drive to "put some stuff on it" but forgot to return it, according to the complaint.

The team released a statement to the Star Tribune that it's "aware of these allegations and will have no further comment as it is an ongoing legal matter."

Details of the suspected theft are spelled out in the complaint and a search warrant affidavit filed by police seeking court permission to look for evidence in Sarkar's apartment near Target Center, including the discovery of any "monies to show profit of the sale of the stolen financial information and proprietary Timberwolves information."

A search of the apartment turned up several hard drives, a computer, three tablets and multiple USB drives, the complaint read. Police then determined that one of the devices "contained all the information from [Gupta's] hard drive."

On Feb. 2, Gupta left his hard drive on his desk connected to one of his two laptops. Late in the afternoon of Feb. 3, a Saturday, security video captured Sarkar entering Gupta's office. He then exited, looked around, went back into the office and left a minute later.

Gupta came back to work on Feb. 5 and saw his hard drive was missing.

Timberwolves exec had hard drive stolen with 'strategic NBA information' on it, charges say (startribune.com)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member

This is not heading in a great direction.....very scary actually.

Cavaliers' J.B. Bickerstaff says he's been threatened by gamblers

• Associated Press
Mar 20, 2024, 08:33 PM ET

Cleveland Cavaliers coach J.B. Bickerstaff revealed he received threats from gamblers last season and reported it to the NBA.

While being asked Wednesday night about sports gambling following comments made by Pacers All-Star Tyrese Haliburton, who said he sometimes feels like a "prop," Bickerstaff said gamblers contacted him.

"They got my telephone number and were sending me crazy messages about where I live and my kids and all that stuff," Bickerstaff said before the Cavs hosted the Miami Heat. "So it is a dangerous game and a fine line that we're walking for sure."