• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 NBA Regular Season: Notes/Tidbits/Updates etc.

JayBirdHawk

33 minutes ago, kg01 said:

All these playoffs are teaching me is how easy it would've been to still be playing.  A mild upgrade at C plus a bit more health luck and ...

Half these teams are just as flaw as we were. 

We are in a period of parody in the league, but all the teams being at the same crap level of kick out for 3’s bball. 

So ya, few tweaks is more than enough to get us over and we don’t even need to trade Trae for parts to do it! 😃 

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

We are in a period of parody in the league, but all the teams being at the same crap level of kick out for 3’s bball. 

So ya, few tweaks is more than enough to get us over and we don’t even need to trade Trae for parts to do it! 😃 

Waaaaat?  You sayin' we could maybe keep the only all-nba level player on the roster, that wants to play here, if we wanna win?

Craaazy!

So ya don't think we shld trade him for oUr PiCkS bAk, then tank for another 7-8 years so we can maybe .... maaaaaybe luck into an all-nba caliber level player that actually wants to play here?

Ya think?

But seriously, we're not far off.  Folks watching half these teams stank it up and think we need to rebuild.  Really?  When the only teams looking decent rn are the ones that actually went for it at the deadline.  They're just trying where we (our front office) chose not to.

If we had tried, and got a bit more I jury luck, we'd still be playing. We didn't try, we just hung our best player out to dry. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The brutality and creativity of the interwebs never fails:

"Jayson Tatum is like the Michael Jordan of Tobias Harrises”

:laugh1::laugh1:

I love this more than anyone will ever know.

😆

TJ McConnell is like the Harold Minor of Trae Youngs 

😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Moderators
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Pretty strong signal they won't want CC back in any hypothetical trade with us.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, AHF said:

Pretty strong signal they won't want CC back in any hypothetical trade with us.

I suppose, but who are they going to play at center that can space the floor?  Will be interesting to see their lineup at the start of the season.  Every team can want floor spacing but there really aren't that many serviceable bigs that space the floor.  

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Good move from a desperate front office-- Bud could definitely turn that team around.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

@Spud2nique just perked up..... 

been wanting a big Val for a few years now. Ever since the league allowed moving screens with Bogut, Zaza, and Draymond for a particular lil 💩 I won’t name. :mellow:

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Brandon Ingram is like the Bol Bol of Kevin Durants.....

Just practicing... 🫠

lemme try!!!

Luka Doncic is the Magic Johnson of Michael Carter Williams’s! :dance: 

DID I DO IT RIGHT??? 

• Haha 3

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

I suppose, but who are they going to play at center that can space the floor?  Will be interesting to see their lineup at the start of the season.  Every team can want floor spacing but there really aren't that many serviceable bigs that space the floor.  

Good move from a desperate front office-- Bud could definitely turn that team around.

Agree on Bud.  He is a quality coach and the shooting and passing ability between those three seems well suited for his offensive mind.  I'm not certain whether that trio can really deliver but Bud is well worth giving a shot and good enough to work with whoever is left if they pivot (i.e., trade Durant and/or Beal) at some point in the future.  Will be interested to see if Bud is content with the "no real PG" approach they took or if he quickly shakes that up.  The obvious problem is Beal is going to be touch to move and it is hard to imagine fixing that issue with Beal still starting for the team.

• Like 1

• Moderators
34 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

lemme try!!!

Luka Doncic is the Magic Johnson of Michael Carter Williams’s! :dance: 

DID I DO IT RIGHT??? 

That's a good one!

Alright it's friday, i'll try it.

Jaylen Brown is the Glen Rice of Quentin Richardson'ses. 

• Haha 3

16 hours ago, AHF said:

Agree on Bud.  He is a quality coach and the shooting and passing ability between those three seems well suited for his offensive mind.  I'm not certain whether that trio can really deliver but Bud is well worth giving a shot and good enough to work with whoever is left if they pivot (i.e., trade Durant and/or Beal) at some point in the future.  Will be interested to see if Bud is content with the "no real PG" approach they took or if he quickly shakes that up.  The obvious problem is Beal is going to be touch to move and it is hard to imagine fixing that issue with Beal still starting for the team.

He’s more than a quality coach.  He’s one of the very few true elite coaches in the NBA.  

• Like 1