2023-24 NBA Regular Season: Notes/Tidbits/Updates etc.

JayBirdHawk

4 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Thank you.  This is my whole point.  we were the 4/5 seeds.  They managed to overhaul their team.  They are doing really well despite missing their 2nd best player and a key bench guy.

With Knicks in this series though i'm concerned that Thibs is going to wear the starters down like he always does.  He continues to play them basically the entire game. 

They went from:

Elfrid Payton and a washed up Derrick Rose to Jalen Brunson

RJ Barrett to Donte DiVincenzo

Reggie Bullock to Josh Hart and OG Anunoby

Nerlens Noel to Isaiah Hartenstein

We turned John Collins into an empty chair and Gallo into Mo Gueye? 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

• Moderators

There was definitely some msg magic in the refereeing last night.  Turner gets called for an illegal screen that is almost never called.  Then Knicks get a pass on an even worse screen, turn the ball over and get it back when refs incorrectly call a kicked ball.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, REHawksFan said:

I hate the Knicks.  I hate their fans and their organization.  But looking back at the 2021 series and the paths the two organizations took between then and now and I just shake my head.  One team went out and strategically added pieces and reshaped their roster to be pretty dang good.  And the other replaced legit NBA players with marginal NBA players and then added an allstar that doesn't fit.  SMH 

35 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Don't forget we also traded rotation pieces for literal nothing .... twice! 

The Hawks started out hot with the ECF appearance in '20-'21 but have since been surpassed by New York, Indiana, Orlando, Cleveland, Dallas, Minnesota, OKC, and even Sacramento which were all rebuilding/retooling around the same time. The Spurs will be the next team to lap the Hawks next season if the Hawks stand pat. I don't think Ressler understands how dire this situation is. He literally sabotaged this rebuild. 

• Sad 4

41 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Man, yall see Jamal Murray last night?  Whew boy, they had him suffocating and sweatin' like a fat dude in a extra-small itchy sweater. 

image.gif.27e0a56a792fd3bac86982c4094fa01e.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member

OKC continues to roll!   JDub took over in the 4th, no surprise, he does that a lot.

On 5/7/2024 at 9:33 AM, Spud2nique said:

image.gif.27e0a56a792fd3bac86982c4094fa01e.gif

I still can't believe that dude literally was throwing stuff on the court out of frustration.

Of course he didn't hit anybody.  His aim was so bad that night, he wouldn't have hit a felon if he'd have thrown a stone in Rikers. 

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

That's a good, sound hire.  I wish they'd have gone with the splashy, nonsense hire that would make headlines but wouldn't make wins.  Ah well, we'll see how this works out. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, KB21 said:

Charlotte is making an excellent hire in Charles Lee.

Charlotte and excellent in the same sentence. Just trying to remember the last time I’ve seen that. 🧐 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2