• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 NBA Regular Season: Notes/Tidbits/Updates etc.

JayBirdHawk

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

GLWT, Mag.

Kl0y Th0mps0n has made a career of being Steph's teammate.  Now he's old, slow, still can't dribble, can't defend, can't pass, probably wont stay healthy ... shall I continue? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Kl0y Th0mps0n has made a career of being Steph's teammate.  Now he's old, slow, still can't dribble, can't defend, can't pass, probably wont stay healthy ... shall I continue? 

Klay used to be a plus defender, ace shooter, and low usage / high scoring player.  He was a huge asset and really good player even if not a #1 guy on a great team.  (For his career, he still averages 20+ in games on good shooting %s in games without Curry.)

But I agree with your raised eyebrow here since he is clearly not the same player that he used to be and given that he'll be 35 when the playoffs start next year it is a dubious investment to dump a bunch of money on him.

It puts GS in a tough position because I'm not sure how they replace him even at his age either.  (Spud is crying or laughing over there.  I can't tell which but I'm pretty he's broken up over the Warriors' trials and tribulations.)

• Haha 3

Before I say this, I wanna be clear on some things.

1. I think Pat Riley is way past his expiration date as an exec.

2. I think Jimi is vastly overrated but is a useful, rotation player.

3. Riley is right in saying Jimi needs to shaddup if he's not playing. 

Ok, now that that's outta the way, would yall do a Jimi for Murray dealio?  As long as it doesn't cost us core pieces, considering Jimi is a free agent, iiuc.

And, yes, my motivation for this is to cause consternation for my heat fan BIL and @benhillboy, of course. 

Your thoughts. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Ok, now that that's outta the way, would yall do a Jimi for Murray dealio?  As long as it doesn't cost us core pieces, considering Jimi is a free agent, iiuc.

And, yes, my motivation for this is to cause consternation for my heat fan BIL and @benhillboy, of course. 

Your thoughts. 

I think the bigger thing with Jimmy is his availability during the regular season. Apparently he's playing when he wants to:

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, kg01 said:

Your thoughts. 

Damn Riley went at Hero too, called him fragile:

we can send Hunter to Riles in a Butler trade. :laugh1:

Here's the thing though, if you trade for Jimmy you'd better give him an extension or he's going to be disruptive.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I proposed this before? Do you not read my stuff lol.

It’s funny I proposed it then read your proposal then read macdaddys response and I’m kinda not wanting him anymore..

Maybe that’s why he became a mod.. 🧐 He has that undefinable character where you not only wanna be daddy but you wanna think like a Mac 🖥️ diddy.. DADDY!!! :frantics:

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Damn Riley went at Hero too, called him fragile:

we can send Hunter to Riles in a Butler trade. :laugh1:

Here's the thing though, if you trade for Jimmy you'd better give him an extension or he's going to be disruptive.

Folks will LIE and say this is hEaT cuLtcHa.  But the reality is this is a bitter, over the hill exec distracting from his utter failure to put together a better roster.

They've been trying to jettison Herro for a sTaR for years now.  The second after signing him to a deal, to be exact.  Now that he's come up dry over and over, they've been forced to follow Herro's lead(sic) in Jimi's constant injury-driven absences. 

Now, instead of taking accountability like he claims his coaches and players must do, he's going full-JoeLLLL and tossin everything not chained down under the cruise ship (who gets it?)

Ive seen enough of this tired, should-be retired act from Riley.

Judging from the Liami media continuing to lap up his drivel, smells like theyre gonna keep putting up with his nonsense in exchange for access. 

ISE, folx. 

15 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I have another 27 min if you wanna go on… 😃 

Kl0y Th0mps0n has always been overated.  Folks are all, "Ooh, ooh, he scored 40 points and only dribbled 3 times!!"

Please!  That's the very definition of a system-aided, spoon-fed baby that was unable to fend for himself even in his prime.  Well that 'prime' is long gone.  It went with the condor (no points for the Cali reference?)

And folks killed Westbrook for "failing" to accept a lesser role.  Well where are the reverse-flowers for Kl0y fighting getting dropped from the rotation in favor of that rookie?  I'll wait..... 

13 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I proposed this before? Do you not read my stuff lol.

Absolutely I read your stuff.  But my memory is as faulty as Kl0y's lower legs these days.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Ooh, ooh, he scored 40 points and only dribbled 3 times!!"

Please!  That's the very definition of a system-aided, spoon-fed baby that was unable to fend for himself even in his prime.  Well that 'prime' is long gone.  It went with the condor (no points for the Cali reference?)

Where do you go to get scripture 🖼️’d? 

🧐 

Simply beautiful written.. I think I’m in love with this piece.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

:applause: :laugh1:

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

:lmao:

To be clear, I'm not making light of the fact that he's injury-riddled.  I'm simply highlighting the fact that he is now an injury risk. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, kg01 said:

Your thoughts. 

I wasn't a Butler fan before he got to Miami. I thought he was a locker room distraction with an inflated sense of self worth. I've since come to really appreciate him and his back story.

That said, I'm not interested in 35 year old Butler for DJ. It's intriguing in the short term, but that imminent over the hill drop is unappealing.

• Like 2