• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 NBA Regular Season: Notes/Tidbits/Updates etc.

JayBirdHawk

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Thinking of making an 'all-screwed' team list.  LAL is definitely one.  They have minimal pathways to get better and are just gettin older.  Truthfully they're just waiting for an impact player to force their way there.  But they have no assets so seems even that ship sailed on them.  Ah well .... 

ya they are in it for sure. 

Suns

Lakers

Sixers

Heat

Pressure is on! 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Suns

Lakers

Sixers

Heat

Pressure is on! 

Bbbut wait, a fakegm bro says LAL could "easily" trade for Trae (to make the Lakers better).  I said, "perhaps not".  So he says ...

They could trade Reaves, Rui, Vando, Gabe, Jalen & Pick for Trae. Hawk are happy with Murray for half the price

They need good rotational players with a bit more size like AR/Rui & Gabe/Vando are great defenders off the bench. This trade would make the Hawks a playoff team with depth and not relaying on 160lb Trae Young

The interesting part is how, on one hand, Trae is the 'missing link' for LA's title hopes.  But, for Hawks, he's just a 160lb guy we're "relaying" on.  Folks can't help themselves with the stupid logic.

Do we need better defenders and talented depth?  Duh, yeah.  But we need that with Trae not in exchange for Trae.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Bbbut wait, a fakegm bro says LAL could "easily" trade for Trae (to make the Lakers better).  I said, "perhaps not".  So he says ...

They could trade Reaves, Rui, Vando, Gabe, Jalen & Pick for Trae. Hawk are happy with Murray for half the price

They need good rotational players with a bit more size like AR/Rui & Gabe/Vando are great defenders off the bench. This trade would make the Hawks a playoff team with depth and not relaying on 160lb Trae Young

The interesting part is how, on one hand, Trae is the 'missing link' for LA's title hopes.  But, for Hawks, he's just a 160lb guy we're "relaying" on.  Folks can't help themselves with the stupid logic.

Do we need better defenders and talented depth?  Duh, yeah.  But we need that with Trae not in exchange for Trae.

He’s no Brunson though.. :batman:

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, shakes said:

Still room on the OKC bandwagon if any of you want to see what a real team looks like.

Before I respond, I need some legal advice.  If I tell a dude on the internet to go jump off a bridge, if he does it, am I facing charges?

• Haha 4

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Suns

Lakers

Sixers

Heat

Pressure is on! 

Not Sixers, they will have a relative clean cap sheet with lots of FAs coming off the books. Embiid and Maxey's new contract and a couple of other small guarantees. If they renounce all FAs they'll have $61 mil in guarantees. They finally reach the tail end of Tobias' overpaid contract.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Not Sixers, they will have a relative clean cap sheet with lots of FAs coming off the books. Embiid and Maxey's new contract and a couple of other small guarantees. If they renounce all FAs they'll have $61 mil in guarantees. They finally reach the tail end of Tobias' overpaid contract.

Money wise, I guess they'll be OK.  But the real problem is JoeLLLL is spelled with 4 l's for a reason and that's who they're led by. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Money wise, I guess they'll be OK.  But the real problem is JoeLLLL is spelled with 4 l's for a reason and that's who they're led by. 

Yep, the guy cannot stay in shape to save his life, which is why he plays a tired, flustered, foul-baiting, dirty game in the playoffs

• Thanks 3

13 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

They finally reach the tail end of Tobias' overpaid contract.

This dude… how is he still on the Sixers they were shopping him 5 years ago 😆. The sentence is over Philly! 😆 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, JeffS17 said:

Yep, the guy cannot stay in shape to save his life, which is why he plays a tired, flustered, foul-baiting, dirty game in the playoffs

Finally somebody else sees it.

Dude played well enough to win an MVP.  Imagine what he'd be if he got into fkng shape.  It's no coincidence he's always hurt.  It's because he's not in optimal shape.  Like Zion, JoeLLLL will never be enough to lead anyone anywhere meaningful and it's primarily his own doing. 

And Embiid is now over 30, which is when physical decline is supposed to happen.  Good luck going forward, Suxers. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Suns

Lakers

Sixers

Heat

Pressure is on! 

How close do you se the Hawks making this list? Pretty damn close to me if not officially on it while Spurs control our picks and we’re already at the luxury tax line. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Suns

Lakers

Sixers

Heat

Pressure is on! 

🤣 imagine being a Hawks fan and having the audacity to make that list with a straight face.

36 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

How close do you se the Hawks making this list? Pretty damn close to me if not officially on it while Spurs control our picks and we’re already at the luxury tax line. 

Hawks are more screwed than any of those teams.  Those teams all made the playoffs and don't owe the Spurs all their upcoming draft picks lol.

5 minutes ago, shakes said:

imagine being a Hawks fan

I know right. Craziness! On a Hawks fan board no less! MODS!!!!! GETNIN here and take me out! Put me in the 🕳️ for such audacity…

{enter Morgan Freeman Shawshank speech 🎤 about being rehabilitated}…

I’m kidding mods don’t :mellow: please 🙏🏿 

8 minutes ago, shakes said:

Hawks are more screwed than any of those teams.

Who doesn’t want you at their birthday party? That’s Luda! You’re a ray of sunshine 🌞 is what you are Shakemups! 😉 

• Premium Member
44 minutes ago, shakes said:

Hawks are more screwed than any of those teams.  Those teams all made the playoffs and don't owe the Spurs all their upcoming draft picks lol.

I'd take our situation 10 times out of 10 over the Suns who are balls deep into the tax with a complete albatross contract with a NTC in Beal (who is completely redundant with Booker), and an over the hill KD.  And they do not have any of their own picks until the next decade lol...

Our season was disappointing but getting swept in the first round and having no control over your future with that chemistry-less roster would be depressing. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
26 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

I'd take our situation 10 times out of 10 over the Suns who are balls deep into the tax with a complete albatross contract with a NTC in Beal (who is completely redundant with Booker), and an over the hill KD.  And they do not have any of their own picks until the next decade lol...

Our season was disappointing but getting swept in the first round and having no control over your future with that chemistry-less roster would be depressing. 

I can see the Hawks slogan for next season already:

2024 HAWKS:  WE'RE NOT AS SCREWED AS THE SUNS!

• Premium Member
23 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

If we get the Kings pick next year we are only at one first round pick deficit.  
The thing people trip about is that tanking isn’t an option, but do we really want to tank anyways?

I keep saying...forget about the picks. We are where we.......have a plan, execute the plan.

• Thanks 1