• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 NBA Regular Season: Notes/Tidbits/Updates etc.

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

But seriously though, MIL defense sucks so what's IND's excuse.  Pacers whupped them all regular season. 

But you forget, your good buddy GLLLLLen is on the Bucks sideline. If there's away to give away a big lead - he's your man.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Aye Hawksquawk wouldn't be Hawksquawk of we let simple errors and miscues slide, amirite? 

But seriously though, MIL defense sucks so what's IND's excuse.  Pacers whupped them all regular season. 

KG if you're team is great on offense and sucks at defense you are likely to get exposed in the playoffs

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If Trae had 9 pts in a playoff game, we all know what the BSPN-sphere would be doing.

Anyways, I guess we shouldn't be surprised.  Roleplayers always struggle on the road ...

(sips tea slowly) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

KG if you're team is great on offense and sucks at defense you are likely to get exposed in the playoffs

Indeed.  But all year long, the eggsperts  been sculpting an Iverson-sized statue of the pacer pg.  You would think they'd know to pump the brakes until the playoffs before ordaining a guy. 

Edited by kg01
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

Dude's not even in the playoffs and he's living the Suite Life in their Heads:

(Bulls Fan on RGM)

Screenshot_20240421_225912_Samsung Internet.jpg

....he did something they just can't get past.

• Haha 3

I feel petty this year.  Hard to find teams I can cheer for.  
Boston vs Heat.  Knicks vs Sixers.  I want all of them to lose.  
Getting a little satisfaction watching Halliburton get routed.

Minnesota is at the top of my list followed by Denver.  Milwaukee a distant third.  After that it’s hard for me to like anyone.  Clippers a little… 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I've been watching the Pels often lately and I can see BI being better in Atlanta than NO. 

There is more C&S opportunities in Atlanta. 

He wouldn't be who the defense sent all of their coverages too as long as Trae is there. 

While he's not a POA defender, when motivated, his man defense isn't bad at all. His length and size helps. 

It's clear why they wanted Murray. They don't have a PG who can run sets outside of Jose A and he doesn't really have the offense to play many minutes. Too small and not dynamic enough. 

Murray's defense would be superb in NO. His style doesn't work here, we don't have enough defenders to protect his high risk style but in NO, they do. I wouldn't be shocked if he was all NBA defense in NO. 

It seems like BI and Murray would equally benefit from a move. 

OO and Dyson Daniels would too. Daniels got like 4 POA defenders in front of him in Jones, Murphy, Jose, and Marshall. Defensively, he's close to those guys but all of those guys are capable shooters, he isn't. 

OO would fit perfectly spliting mins with Jonas. That system fits him and OO iso defense would do wonders for them in the playoffs against exceptional bigs. 

This is one of those obvious trades that benefit both teams. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, NBASupes said:

He's been doing some work for the Hawks.

11 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Like?

9 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Well....we're waiting.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Edited by REHawksFan
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Well....we're waiting.

He's been helping with scouting which is more than he used to do. Hawks are working all corners this year. Even ones they usually don't bother with much

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

I've been watching the Pels often lately and I can see BI being better in Atlanta than NO. 

There is more C&S opportunities in Atlanta. 

He wouldn't be who the defense sent all of their coverages too as long as Trae is there. 

While he's not a POA defender, when motivated, his man defense isn't bad at all. His length and size helps. 

It's clear why they wanted Murray. They don't have a PG who can run sets outside of Jose A and he doesn't really have the offense to play many minutes. Too small and not dynamic enough. 

Murray's defense would be superb in NO. His style doesn't work here, we don't have enough defenders to protect his high risk style but in NO, they do. I wouldn't be shocked if he was all NBA defense in NO. 

It seems like BI and Murray would equally benefit from a move. 

OO and Dyson Daniels would too. Daniels got like 4 POA defenders in front of him in Jones, Murphy, Jose, and Marshall. Defensively, he's close to those guys but all of those guys are capable shooters, he isn't. 

OO would fit perfectly spliting mins with Jonas. That system fits him and OO iso defense would do wonders for them in the playoffs against exceptional bigs. 

This is one of those obvious trades that benefit both teams. 

Feels like its only a matter of time the sides discuss. Hawks likely to go after marshall in FA too 

27 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Feels like its only a matter of time the sides discuss. Hawks likely to go after marshall in FA too 

They made a run at him during the trade deadline but NO wanted more value than Atlanta was willing to offer. 

From what I've gathered, NO wants to keep Marshall. 

17 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

They made a run at him during the trade deadline but NO wanted more value than Atlanta was willing to offer. 

From what I've gathered, NO wants to keep Marshall. 

They should. Nice cost effective option for them to have in their wing rotation that we figure will take a hit in the summer with Dyson and BI

• Moderators
2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

He's been helping with scouting which is more than he used to do. Hawks are working all corners this year. Even ones they usually don't bother with much

Hill Scouting:  

We should trade Trae or DJM for Austin Reaves.  Reaves was good enough to make Team USA.  Trae and DJM weren't.  Case closed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3