• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 NBA Regular Season: Notes/Tidbits/Updates etc.

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member

NBA bans Raptors' two-way player Jontay Porter for life. "The league’s investigation found that prior to the Raptors’ March 20 game, Porter disclosed confidential information about his own health status to an individual he knew to be an NBA bettor. Another individual with whom Porter associated and knew to be an NBA bettor subsequently placed an $80,000 parlay proposition bet with an online sports book, to win $1.1 million, wagering that Porter would underperform in the March 20 game."

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

NBA bans Raptors' two-way player Jontay Porter for life. "The league’s investigation found that prior to the Raptors’ March 20 game, Porter disclosed confidential information about his own health status to an individual he knew to be an NBA bettor. Another individual with whom Porter associated and knew to be an NBA bettor subsequently placed an $80,000 parlay proposition bet with an online sports book, to win $1.1 million, wagering that Porter would underperform in the March 20 game."

So stupid.  So what does he do with the rest of his life?  Just be a tall a** security guard or customer service guy? 

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Wait. What?   Somebody bet $80k because Jontay Porter wasn't available to play the game.  Is this the 4 ppg Jontay Porter or some other Jontay Porter i'm not aware of? 

This doesn't pass the smell test.  As kg said they're just looking for the most convenient person to send a message with.  Find someone who's not going to be in the league anyway and 'ban them for life'

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Wait. What?   Somebody bet $80k because Jontay Porter wasn't available to play the game.  Is this the 4 ppg Jontay Porter or some other Jontay Porter i'm not aware of? 

This doesn't pass the smell test.  As kg said they're just looking for the most convenient person to send a message with.  Find someone who's not going to be in the league anyway and 'ban them for life'

WackAdam got on his knees and thanked sweet, baby Jeebus it wasn't a star that got caught in this.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
23 minutes ago, kg01 said:

So stupid.  So what does he do with the rest of his life?  Just be a tall a** security guard or customer service guy? 

Cap Bowdler is on line 4 to answer this question…right after you agree to his season ticket package offer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Moderators
3 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Unless I'm reading it wrong there was a bet on the outcome of the game that Porter supposedly bet and then there was a prop bet that wasn't a bet on the outcome of the game:

Another individual with whom Porter associated and knew to be an NBA bettor subsequently placed an $80,000 parlay proposition bet with an online sports book, to win $1.1 million, wagering that Porter would underperform in the March 20 game."

Unless I'm reading it wrong, the $1.1M payout bet had a component that was specific to Porter's individual performance.

Rick sKamla and skinnin-grinnin AD interviewing my guy Jose Ballerado rn

Jose said it's hard to play the boring (i.e. regular season) games as opposed to playoff(in) games. 

sKamla and AD:  Hehe, haha, hyuk, hyuk...

When Trae said the same, these hosts all killed him.

Frauds. 

• Thanks 2

• Moderators
22 hours ago, AHF said:

Unless I'm reading it wrong, the $1.1M payout bet had a component that was specific to Porter's individual performance.

You really can bet on anything these days.   Even vegas has to know the only people betting one way or another on Porter's performance must have some inside info. 

On 4/17/2024 at 4:41 PM, AHF said:

Unless I'm reading it wrong there was a bet on the outcome of the game that Porter supposedly bet and then there was a prop bet that wasn't a bet on the outcome of the game:

IIUC, you're right.  It was connected to his performance specifically, which is why he faked an injury to ensure he wouldn't play more. 

1 hour ago, Afro said:

Ew🤮

I couldn't stomach much more.  At the end of that interview, a bubbly sKamla says. "Hyuk, hyuk, was that Trae's last game in a Hawks uniform?  We'll chop it up next!"

:sick:

• Sad 1

19 hours ago, kg01 said:

Jose Ballerado

:huh: You people have a funny lil nickname for everyone. I thought it was Grand theft auto or no way Jose? :upsidedown:

… what did the Mexican fire 🔥 chief name his two sons? 

Jose and Hose B. :rimshot: 

If you liked and enjoyed that joke Spud Rickles will be around. If you found it offensive please @kg01 🤭 

35 minutes ago, kg01 said:

couldn't stomach much more.  At the end of that interview, a bubbly sKamla says. "Hyuk, hyuk, was that Trae's last game in a Hawks uniform?  We'll chop it up next!"

I’ll be a monkey on his back all summer don’t worry. Just as soon as I get Sirius radio 📻 back, him and Bowling Green’s finest are goin dooooowwwnnn!!! 😡 Belie dat!

@kg01 gonna love this! 😂 I wish Draymond did the same with Klay and punched him in the face for going 0/1000 🤣 

ps LETS GET BUTLER HES DONE WITH MIAMI. Butler for DJ and parts.

IMG_4345.jpeg

Edited by Spud2nique
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3