• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 NBA Regular Season: Notes/Tidbits/Updates etc.

JayBirdHawk

9 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Either way we win. We either watch Philly or the Knicks suffer! :dance: 

My dude, I haven't taken near enough heat for calling 'game' prematurely.   I need yall to get on your game.  I mean, I went full Nique and yall just let it slide.

:Nique: Ya never go full Nique, kg. 

9 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Yup 😆 what were they up 6 with 26 seconds left? Wow 😮 

Wake me when Brunson takes heat for the collapse since he can't guard a cone just like Trae.  Also shake me when Brunson takes heat for gettin blocked by Batum tryna be a hero. 

• Haha 4

14 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Saw these former Hawks ovet the years at random places:

. Steve Smith at my doctors's office

. Kevin Willis by the old MLK center

. Shelvin Mack in a Walmart 

. De'Andre Bembry at Lennox

. Taurean at Cumberland Mall

. Jamal Crawford at a Walgreens

I saw Dwight Howard at McDonald's the night before he was drafted by Orlando.

Met Mohommad Sanu at a car wash.  Had a mutual friend who gave me one of his shirts that I still wear sometimes.  

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I think I have made my decision:

Rooting more for Knicks to lose......I think the fan meltdown would be more enjoyably EPIC!!! 😄

Fair.  I can't fault this decision.  But, if @Spud2nique and I hear any "we" and "us" from you when talking Sixers, you gonna get copious amounts of side eye.  Jussayin 

😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member

The east is pure garbage this year.  I don't see a single team who could win the title.   Not even Boston.

Honestly, Denver vs Minnesota feels like it should be the NBA Finals.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
On 4/20/2024 at 9:06 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

Michael Porter Jr having a rough go:

First Johntay gets banned fir gambling on NBA, and now his younger brother gets 6 years in prison for vehicular homicide.

What is going on with this family?

Jevon Porter, a former Pepperdine standout and the younger brother of Denver Nuggets star Michael Porter Jr., was arrested Friday night in Missouri on suspicion of DWI, Missouri State Sgt. Kyle Green confirmed to ESPN.

Porter, 20, was released on summons and not booked into jail in Boone County, where the incident occurred, according to Green. The news of Porter's arrest was first reported by Power Mizzou.

You just saw your older brother get 6 years for driving drunk and killing someone....and you do this.

• Sad 4

5 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I think I have made my decision:

Rooting more for Knicks to lose......I think the fan meltdown would be more enjoyably EPIC!!! 😄

Hated Team Rankings:

1. Boston
  2. NYK
  3. Heat
  4. Mavs
  5. Sixers
  6. Magic
  7. Lakers
  8. Cavs
  9. Pacers
  10. Bucks
  11. Pels
  12. Clippers
  13. Suns
  14. Nuggets
  15. OKC
  16. Wolves

If any 2 teams play, I'll always root for the higher ranked team to lose.  1-5 are pretty set in stone for the current playoffs.  6-13 are somewhat interchangeable to me.  14-16 are also pretty set in stone.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

54 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I like it.  Scientific.

Speaking of science, I usually just root for the meteor when my hated teams play each other. 

Of course....but absent that act of benevolence, this is the best I got.  At least it makes watching a little more interesting and less depressing with the Hawks pathetic season over.  

• Like 1

I remember a few years ago @JayBirdHawk loved 2 players on the Spurs and was pushing for us to get one of them.

Well we got one…

Was it the right one?

I like DJ a lot but man, White plays crazy smart and makes all the right plays. Now, he couldn’t start in the backcourt with Trae due to size but he’s only an inch or two shorter than DJ no?

I hate the fact that the Celts have Brown and White. 😆 Brown and white that’s funny 😄.. :upsidedown:

• Sad 2

Trae was the trail blazer..

Then came Brunson, Maxey and White. 

Folks can’t get it twisted though, Trae has vision far superior to any of these fools!!! 

Trae is Atlanta. He is bringing a championship to this city 🌆 ..believe that!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Heat Culture IS DEAD!

It doesn't exist without an All-NBA player leading the team.

Talent > Culture

And that goes for "Hawks DNA". Stop the cute catch phrases that mean NOTHING and get us some talent in here.

Facts.  Talent is culture. 

Cute how hEAt cultcha wasn't shouted from the rooftops when dey a** got swept by MIL a couple years ago.  And I don't hear anybody shouting it now either.  I wonder why? 

"Bbbbut they was shorthanded, kg" - They

IDGAF, they also told us it was 'next man up' and 'no excuses'.  Can't have it both ways. 

• Like 4

• Moderators
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Facts.  Talent is culture. 

Cute how hEAt cultcha wasn't shouted from the rooftops when dey a** got swept by MIL a couple years ago.  And I don't hear anybody shouting it now either.  I wonder why? 

"Bbbbut they was shorthanded, kg" - They

IDGAF, they also told us it was 'next man up' and 'no excuses'.  Can't have it both ways. 

Not really anyone on that team i'd want to come here either other than a few guys for the bench maybe.  But they have to be thinking about rebuilding somehow.  Jimmy is 34.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Not really anyone on that team i'd want to come here either other than a few guys for the bench maybe.  But they have to be thinking about rebuilding somehow.  Jimmy is 34.  

I'd take Bam 🤓