• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 NBA Regular Season: Notes/Tidbits/Updates etc.

JayBirdHawk

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Watching what Minnesota is doing to Denver.... sheesh, this should come with a parental advisory. 

My goodness ... I feel dirty. 

Ant 🐜 is the man. Hard not to like him. Wouldn’t put him in the Giannis Jokic ladder for me but he’s growing on me even harder.. bigger than before.. :mellow:

40 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

image.gif.9649c7f998d58c2190322bd3ac0f3c17.gif

Are they gonna rightfully call him out tho?  I'm waiting for it.  He's been bad since the allstar break and got worse when the lights got brightest. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, kg01 said:

Halliburton out there shrinkin' like Costanza.

I hate the Knicks.  I hate their fans and their organization.  But looking back at the 2021 series and the paths the two organizations took between then and now and I just shake my head.  One team went out and strategically added pieces and reshaped their roster to be pretty dang good.  And the other replaced legit NBA players with marginal NBA players and then added an allstar that doesn't fit.  SMH 

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

48 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

I hate the Knicks.  I hate their fans and their organization.  But looking back at the 2021 series and the paths the two organizations took between then and now and I just shake my head.  One team went out and strategically added pieces and reshaped their roster to be pretty dang good.  And the other replaced legit NBA players with marginal NBA players and then added an allstar that doesn't fit.  SMH 

Here's what the Knicks did since 21:

• Pos:  WS / PER / VORP
  • PG: 1.0 / 11.7 / -0.4 to 11.2 / 23.4 / 5.4
  • SG: 4.1 / 13.4 / 0.5 to 6.6 / 16.0 / 3.2
  • SF: 4.6 / 11.1 / 0.9 to 5.7 / 11.8 / 1.4
  • PF: 7.8 / 19.7 / 3.9 to 2.6 / 13.0 / 0.5
  • C : 5.2   / 14.8 / 1.3 to 8.1 / 18.9 / 13.1

That's improvement at basically every staring position.  By a significant margin.  

The Hawks, by contrast, have declined at every starting position except SG, which is only marginally better.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, REHawksFan said:

Don't forget we also traded rotation pieces for literal nothing .... twice! 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Don't forget we also traded rotation pieces for literal nothing .... twice! 

Absolutely.  

40% of the Hawks starters in the ECF were literally given away FOR NOTHING.  And it's not like those starters were weak links.  They averaged 25 pts / 3.7 ast / 12.5 reb per game in the playoffs.  Given away.  

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, REHawksFan said:

Absolutely.  

40% of the Hawks starters in the ECF were literally given away FOR NOTHING.  And it's not like those starters were weak links.  They averaged 25 pts / 3.7 ast / 12.5 reb per game in the playoffs.  Given away.  

This is why I get frustrated with folks that pin the decline on one player.  As if it's all on him.

Guy has his faults, for sure, but so do all players.  But our fans(sic) totally ignore the facts of what the organization has done around him.  We eat our own like no other.  Sad. 

• Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Man, yall see Jamal Murray last night?  Whew boy, they had him suffocating and sweatin' like a fat dude in a extra-small itchy sweater. 

Minny is so fun to watch.  Like rabid dawgs attacking the ball handler.  And they did that without Rudy to back them up in the middle.  Dang impressive.  

• Like 2

• Moderators

KAT is delivering in the playoffs this year too.  27 and 12 with 3 stocks as the starting center yesterday was huge.

3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

But our fans(sic) totally ignore the facts of what the organization has done around him. 

When results confirm bias it's easiest to ignore causation as it risks messing up the convenient narrative.  

• Like 1

• Moderators
56 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Here's what the Knicks did since 21:

• Pos:  WS / PER / VORP
  • PG: 1.0 / 11.7 / -0.4 to 11.2 / 23.4 / 5.4
  • SG: 4.1 / 13.4 / 0.5 to 6.6 / 16.0 / 3.2
  • SF: 4.6 / 11.1 / 0.9 to 5.7 / 11.8 / 1.4
  • PF: 7.8 / 19.7 / 3.9 to 2.6 / 13.0 / 0.5
  • C : 5.2   / 14.8 / 1.3 to 8.1 / 18.9 / 13.1

That's improvement at basically every staring position.  By a significant margin.  

The Hawks, by contrast, have declined at every starting position except SG, which is only marginally better.  

Thank you.  This is my whole point.  we were the 4/5 seeds.  They managed to overhaul their team.  They are doing really well despite missing their 2nd best player and a key bench guy.

With Knicks in this series though i'm concerned that Thibs is going to wear the starters down like he always does.  He continues to play them basically the entire game. 

• Like 3