• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Referendum on Hunter....

Diesel

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, AHF said:

I do agree you have been critical of his defense throughout his tenure but have also blasted him in general on more than a few occasions.

You can post the same about Trae from certain poster each game but where is resigning Bogi is the biggest Mistake in franchise history?

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, AHF said:

I do agree you have been critical of his defense throughout his tenure but have also blasted him in general on more than a few occasions.

Funny how you can take some in-game reaction to bogi years ago and not conclude it was just a reaction but a post in Bold letters about a guy we haven't seen play in week is a mistake post. 

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

You can post the same about Trae from certain poster each game but where is resigning Bogi is the biggest Mistake in franchise history?

I expressly said you never Bogi was the biggest mistake in franchise history so why would you expect me to post it?  My point was that you were broadly critical of Bogi in the same way that I see Diesel as being broadly critical of Hunter.  When either of them play well, you both acknowledge it.  When they aren't contributing on the floor, you let fire with both barrels.  

The only "defense" of Diesel that I offered is that I don't think he is literally arguing that resigning Hunter is a bigger mistake than drafting Jon Koncack instead of Karl Malone.  I think he phrased it that way for dramatic effect and that it is hyperbole. If he is making that argument, I think that position is indefensible. 

I already said why I don't think resigning Hunter on his deal is a huge issue for the team today.  At the time I was critical of the deal because I thought we should either get a discount or we should let things play out since he carried health and performance risk (relative to the performance assumptions that supported giving him the contract extension).  I disagree with Diesel as in my response above and clearly it isn't even in the conversation with some of the other blunders we've made even if you agree that Hunter's contract was a mistake.  I've seen lots of hyperbole from Diesel over the year when he is critical of a player so I take this comment with a grain of salt.  I can't believe, for example, that if he could press a rewind button that he would have us not resign Hunter over correcting a mistake like taking Marvin Williams over Chris Paul especially given his prior criticism of Marvin.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, AHF said:

I expressly said you never Bogi was the biggest mistake in franchise history so why would you expect me to post it?  My point was that you were broadly critical of Bogi in the same way that I see Diesel as being broadly critical of Hunter.  When either of them play well, you both acknowledge it.  When they aren't contributing on the floor, you let fire with both barrels.  

The only "defense" of Diesel that I offered is that I don't think he is literally arguing that resigning Hunter is a bigger mistake than drafting Jon Koncack instead of Karl Malone.  I think he phrased it that way for dramatic effect and that it is hyperbole. If he is making that argument, I think that position is indefensible. 

I already said why I don't think resigning Hunter on his deal is a huge issue for the team today.  At the time I was critical of the deal because I thought we should either get a discount or we should let things play out since he carried health and performance risk (relative to the performance assumptions that supported giving him the contract extension).  I disagree with Diesel as in my response above and clearly it isn't even in the conversation with some of the other blunders we've made even if you agree that Hunter's contract was a mistake.  I've seen lots of hyperbole from Diesel over the year when he is critical of a player so I take this comment with a grain of salt.  I can't believe, for example, that if he could press a rewind button that he would have us not resign Hunter over correcting a mistake like taking Marvin Williams over Chris Paul especially given his prior criticism of Marvin.

I haven't said a word about Bogi this year and very little last year.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

I'm going to honest, this overt bias makes this just flat out bad moderation. I know your job is thankless but this type of targeting is awful!

This isn't moderation.  This is me commenting as a poster.  If you believe a post needs moderation, please flag it for the mods.

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, AHF said:

I can't believe, for example, that if he could press a rewind button that he would have us not resign Hunter over correcting a mistake like taking Marvin Williams over Chris Paul especially given his prior criticism of Marvin.

@Diesel - I am putting words in your mouth so I welcome you to clarify your post and whether you think Hunter's resigning is the biggest mistake in the history of the franchise and, if so, in what sense.  As stated above, I have a very hard time thinking you mean that overpaying Hunter is worse than missing out on Karl and missing out on Paul and trading Nique, etc. 

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, Diesel said:

Resigning Hunter was the biggest Mistake this franchise has Made. 

39 minutes ago, AHF said:

16 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Objection...leading the witness!

Sustained!

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Objection...leading the witness!

1 hour ago, JeffS17 said:

Sustained!

And with that ladies and gentlemen....case is in recess until the witness  @Diesel appears to defend his position.  

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, AHF said:

So for me it is all about health.

That's why it's one of the biggest mistakes we have made.  Giving him a new extension when he has been injured a lot of the time on his old contract.    He's the new Theo Ratliff.   He's the New Terrell Brandon.   You put all of your hopes into him because you like what you get when he's healthy... the problem is that he's not healthy enough.

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, AHF said:

You said he was garbage and a huge mistake.  You didn't say he was the biggest mistake in Hawks history.  (I don't think that is really what Diesel thinks either given that we have traded away Bill Russell, Pau Gasol, etc.; passed on Chris Paul, Karl Malone, etc.).

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, AHF said:

@Diesel - I am putting words in your mouth so I welcome you to clarify your post and whether you think Hunter's resigning is the biggest mistake in the history of the franchise and, if so, in what sense.  As stated above, I have a very hard time thinking you mean that overpaying Hunter is worse than missing out on Karl and missing out on Paul and trading Nique, etc. 

You already know that the biggest mistakes the Hawks have made in history is not pairing up Joe Johnson and Chris Paul... and instead signing the benchrider.   We missed out on Championships because of that move. 

I have to rephrase and say that Hawks should have made Hunter go out and find a deal.   I don't think his injury history would have garnered him the deal that we gave him.   The hard part about that is now.. he's Damaged goods on the trade value.  Nobody will trade for him with an unknown knee problem.  The effect I see is that we are tethered to his deal and this in the time when we want to upgrade our Team in order to keep the one superstar since Nique that this franchise has ever had.  I guess Joe was a superstar too. 

Still, having this contract and this untradable player will make us lose good players to find a match for our team.. and then we can't count on him to play.  We're going to have to go out and find another wing to play in his place... somebody better than Bey.. or we may be stuck having to sign Bey.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

From that clip, it looks like he is practicing to be ready to face Hawks defense.  His man really just lets him walk to the rim, lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2