• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Referendum on Hunter....

Diesel

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

He's listed as questionable for tonight's game.

Questionable means he has been upgraded!  Sometime, by month's end, he's coming back!

:smug:

• Haha 2

• Moderators

Geez remember when players were: 'he's progressed to straight line running', 'he's now playing 2 on 2 with some local middle schoolers', then doubtful, possible, questionable, theoretical.  then 5 minute restriction.  

I'm glad we seem to be done with all that. 

• Like 4

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

LP's firing, coupled with Bogi's return, saved the 2020 - 21 season.

Quin won't get fired, but could 12 have the same effect on this season when he comes back?

Maybe he comes back with a vengeance like Jordan.

( photoshop 12's face over top of Jordan's )

chicago-bulls-michael-jordan-march-27-1995-sports-illustrated-cover.jpg.790d8f1a368c78d3654d29eab7024c74.jpg

He can't come back fast enough. All jokes aside, I'd rather have Hunter taking all of those corner threes than Bey.  The team also misses him on D as well. They need all of the 7ft wings spans out there they can get on defense. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the team takes a leap forward with him back in the rotation. 

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

No. He was listed as out.

First time in last 19 games he's listed as not being Out.

I’m not ready for Dre. 😐 Like.. how do I express my feelings..

I uhhh 🙄 🤔 I’m … kinda… not, like ready for it on the inside. I don’t know how many cringes I have left after the week I’ve had. 

Oh, my digestive system would like a word:

Hi, 👋 Spud’s digest here..

{whispers} Boi ain’t ready for Dre he got bubble guts already 🤫 

😐 :huh:

• Sad 2

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

LP's firing, coupled with Bogi's return, saved the 2020 - 21 season.

Quin won't get fired, but could 12 have the same effect on this season when he comes back?

Maybe he comes back with a vengeance like Jordan.

Jordan didn't deserve the disrespect.

Anyway.

I think Dhunt will make a difference.  He will help stabilize our rotations and will probably lead to us winning about 60% of our games down the stretch.   If we can get into the playoffs healthy... Who knows?

I think one of the things is that people expected us to be up to speed from day 1.   We're still in the first season of learning the Quin Way.  According to the media, he's meticulous and his attention to detail is going to take some time to like.  Those 20 games last year had nothing to do with the Quin Way.   It was just him evaluating who could fit and establishing relationships.   So.. if 12 returns and gives us what he was giving us when he left... with JJ being here... we may be a team to watch.

6 hours ago, hawkman said:

He can't come back fast enough. All jokes aside, I'd rather have Hunter taking all of those corner threes than Bey.  The team also misses him on D as well. They need all of the 7ft wings spans out there they can get on defense. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the team takes a leap forward with him back in the rotation. 

Not really.

Like Bey, 12 really isn't a good corner 3 shooter ( 32% on the year ).

But he's been very good with above the break 3s ( 44% on the year ).

The team gets a key rotation back, so we should be better.

The issue though, has always been his activity when he doesn't have the ball in his hands.  All of those offensive rebounds that Bey gets, are gone if 12 takes his spot.

That's why I say play 12 at the 2 for about 1/2 of his minutes. 

• Moderators
14 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Not really.

Like Bey, 12 really isn't a good corner 3 shooter ( 32% on the year ).

But he's been very good with above the break 3s ( 44% on the year ).

The team gets a key rotation back, so we should be better.

The issue though, has always been his activity when he doesn't have the ball in his hands.  All of those offensive rebounds that Bey gets, are gone if 12 takes his spot.

That's why I say play 12 at the 2 for about 1/2 of his minutes. 

Both Dre and Bey have been excellent corner shooters the last few years.

2021-22 Dre 40.5% / Bey 40.3%

2022-23 Dre 39.7% / Bey 40.7%

I think both can be effective on those shots.  That doesn't mean you can't try out Hunter at the 2 for some of his minutes and see how that goes.  Just saying that I'm happy when either of them gets an open corner 3 (and isn't in an ice cold shooting slump).