• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Referendum on Hunter....

Diesel

• Premium Member

My thoughts is that the first 6 games are so will be a referendum on Hunter in Quin's system.   I believe that this is only about Hunter because we haven't paid Bey and he and Bey occupy the same atmosphere.   Also , a lot of people feel like we jumped too early extending Hunter.  IMO Hunter has been able to live off of his draft position and how much we dumped into him and not necessarily on what he has brought to the court.   He has potential but potential never suits up. 

These are our first 6 games...

image.png

By November, we should know who Hunter is in Quin's system. 

By then, Landry will be ready to make some hard choices. 

• Haha 1

A new beginning for all Hawk players starts tonight in Charlotte.

Quin Snyder has a different approach than our former head coach.  All things are new, no matter which player we are discussing and we expect different results.

Ending last season, Quin had all the old assistant coaches.  They are all gone.  New and different.  That's us!!

:smug:

Edited by Gray Mule
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, Diesel said:

My thoughts is that the first 6 games are so will be a referendum on Hunter in Quin's system.   I believe that this is only about Hunter because we haven't paid Bey and he and Bey occupy the same atmosphere.   Also , a lot of people feel like we jumped too early extending Hunter.  IMO Hunter has been able to live off of his draft position and how much we dumped into him and not necessarily on what he has brought to the court.   He has potential but potential never suits up. 

image.png

And just like that, the Hunter 6 game pledge has been instituted.   [Someone] is gonna ask for an extension...followed by several more extensions.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, shakes said:

And just like that, the Hunter 6 game pledge has been instituted.   [Someone] is gonna ask for an extension...followed by several more extensions.

His entire career has been a pledge with extensions.  The real Hunter is just around the corner.  

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Final_quest said:

His entire career has been a pledge with extensions.    

you talking about Hunter or [people who ask for extensions of deadlines they set]?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/25/2023 at 9:55 AM, Diesel said:

image.png

As much as I rag on Hunter and his non-impact play, you need to give him more than 6 games.  Heck, we could easily be 4 - 2 or 1 - 5 after those 6 games, depending how this team shoots the ball.

Let's give the team time to get fully acclimated to Quin's system on both ends of the floor, before we make sweeping judgements one way or the other.

Now if a trade comes along that ships out Dre for a higher quality player, pull the trigger immediately. But as far as his role on the team currently, let this all play out.

At least give Dre and the others 10 games to carve out their roles.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

The big thing I want to see out of Dre, is increased effort and intensity. I know that is NOT his personality, but he has to start doing this in order to take his game to the next level.

My contention is that Dre is fine just being who he is . . . a solid player that doesn't feel the need to transform his game to becoming a higher level player.  If that's the case, we'll be asking for others to elevate their games, since Dre won't do it.

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

Can we now start the referendum on Trae thread yet?

1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

Or Okongwu/Capela/Bey?

Is someone stopping you?  Have at it if you want.  

I’m going to be rooting for more games like last night from Hunter and for Trae to get over his way too predictable early season slump sooner than later.  I’m confident we’ll see a lot more from OO than we have so far.  CC kind of is what he is so no referendum needed in my book - he is a known and consistent player (for better and worse).  Bey had a nice first game and a rough one last night.  Too much to still sort out on him for me to have a take worth starting a thread over.

You drove one on Bogi a few years back so just use that as a template and maybe we’ll be able to leverage that into another career best season.  I’m hoping Hunter does the same with this thread.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I need a repeat performance vs the Bucks please, please, please.

Loved that Quin left him in with 2 fouls early....said he was in a rhythm and adjusted his defensive coverage to help him stay out of foul trouble.  By keeping him in, instead of yanking him.after the 2 quick fouls, Dre was able to maintain his rhythm for the entire game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, AHF said:

Is someone stopping you?  Have at it if you want.  

I’m going to be rooting for more games like last night from Hunter and for Trae to get over his way too predictable early season slump sooner than later.  I’m confident we’ll see a lot more from OO than we have so far.  CC kind of is what he is so no referendum needed in my book - he is a known and consistent player (for better and worse).  Bey had a nice first game and a rough one last night.  Too much to still sort out on him for me to have a take worth starting a thread over.

You drove one on Bogi a few years back so just use that as a template and maybe we’ll be able to leverage that into another career best season.  I’m hoping Hunter does the same with this thread.

I guess you are right.  We were in a game where New York shot above their head and Trae is still playing his worse basketball of his career so that's a positive.  That play to tie the game was the absolute right play from Trae.  Maybe we should run that play with JJ.  Bey probably should not start over JJ.  Murray still has not hit a 3 SMH!  Trae is playing better team defense but has to stop forcing it on offense or shooting shots that are not going in for him now.  Trust your teammate more Trae.  That goes for Murray also.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I need a repeat performance vs the Bucks please, please, please.

Loved that Quin left him in with 2 fouls early....said he was in a rhythm and adjusted his defensive coverage to help him stay out of foul trouble.  By keeping him in, instead of yanking him.after the 2 quick fouls, Dre was able to maintain his rhythm for the entire game.

Something about a blind squirrel...

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Can we now start the referendum on Trae thread yet?

You don't think Trae is proven?

This is not a popularity poll.   This is a referendum on if this guy is proven.   Trae may be a lot of things... he may be unliked by a lot of people... but ONE thing that nobody can doubt is that he's proven.   He's a proven commodity.   He may not be your favorite, but he's proven.   25/9.3 career averages.  Only a few players in History can even approach that. 

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Or Okongwu/Capela/Bey?

Bey and Okongwu...  Yes and yes.  Bey will be a year long referendum simply because he wants a contract.   OO just got a contract. 

Capela is another one of those proven commodities.