• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Referendum on Hunter....

Diesel

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

Give me 1 reason he would stop.  Every time y'all think that Trae is better with something, there is never this talk of if he keeps it up.  The true of the matter is that Trae is the one that never keep doing good things not Dre!  LOL!

Nature...

"Changing your nature is the hardest thing to do.  But I have discovered that you can be who you choose to be.".  - G.F.I.

You figure that Dre got all the way to his second NBA contract by giving half of an effort on the court.  It's going to take a lot for him to break that habit. 

You mention Trae.  Trae has spent all of his life trying to prove that he is the best.   Whether he succeeds or he fails, you can guarantee that everytime out Trae is going to always give his best. 

We are bound to our nature... and even though the nature of nature is to change because we're always changing, some changes takes longer than others.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Nature...

"Changing your nature is the hardest thing to do.  But I have discovered that you can be who you choose to be.".  - G.F.I.

You figure that Dre got all the way to his second NBA contract by giving half of an effort on the court.  It's going to take a lot for him to break that habit. 

I disagree.

Sometimes a coaching change does a lot for a player.  Puts him in situations to succeed as long as he is willing to listen, which by all accounts he is willing.

Everyone else seems to have bought in on Quin, so why not him. Quin is breaking bad habits for the entire team.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I disagree.

Sometimes a coaching change does a lot for a player.  Puts him in situations to succeed as long as he is willing to listen, which by all accounts he is willing.

Everyone else seems to have bought in on Quin, so why not him.

The coach does a lot for the player and the culture.  Maybe players gave a half effort because of who they were playing with both Offensively and defensively.  Now that a coach is holding everybody accountable, there appears to be some buy in.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I disagree.

Everyone else seems to have bought in on Quin, so why not him.

It's no need to disagree. 

The idea of changing your very Nature is still hard.   We have seen some signs of frustration from Hunter already while he is learning to play in Quin's system.   It doesn't mean that he won't change his nature.   To me, his nature was to half ass it.  To not give his all. To always look for the refs or somebody to bail him out.   I've seen less of that since we have started the season.   Are those things coached out... sure they can be.  However, the player still have to be willing to change for the coach.    Some players won't change regardless of who you give them.  Phil Jackson, Steve Kerr, and Chuck Daly couldn't make them change.   But I'm glad that Dre is one that seemingly has changed. 

4 hours ago, AHF said:

Did someone hack your account?

This is calling for Bey to be benched and traded in the same post and it like a week old.

Pretty sure He's called for Murray to be moved too.. lol

3 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

If Hunter is playing like that but he doesn't.  You keep making this about criticism and its not.  Its about making the case that Hunter has no value to this team and therefore needs to be either traded or benched.  When I suggest bending Trae or Murray, then come with this argument.  The referendum comment was just sarcasm

Who ever said he doesnt add any value to the team? Its always been about his passiveness, injuries, and salary with me..

Hes earning his $ so far but why are you acting like hes always played like this???

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Before he signed the extension.  But don't throw too many stone while living in that glass house

So you HAVE called for a player to moved.... 

And stop lumping me in with the Dre "haters"..

I was the JC "hater.. You know this.. lol

Edited by terrell

3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Raw numbers weren't going to be favorable to Dre previous role. He wasn't asked to do anything stocks based on either end. 

The RAPTOR was high on Dre non stat impact. It's his stat based impact that was generally low which made sense via his role.

+/- has too much noise. Offensive rating, he's at 127, was at 140 and at 114 on defense. That's excellent so far and top on the team. 

Agree. 

image.thumb.png.bb0d8717cf2c2e5ec057cfdf306ba5f5.png

Too bad FiveThirtyEight isn't doing RAPTOR any more.  I'd love to see what his RAPTOR rating looks like right now.  Would it be comparable to the 2020 - 21 season?

I like Hunter on this team a lot more with Quin under the helm. As long as Hunter only takes a few dribbles and doesn’t have to create too much but rather isolate and school his man one on one ala James Worthy ( who by the way I thought Marv would turn into and have said Hunter was the second coming of Marv so it’s a circle ⭕😂) then he can be VERY effective. 

He can’t dribble in traffic or create too much for other but he can and will pass out of double teams, he’s not selfish and he D’s up well as we all know.

I dunno, he may be growing on me. 

I’d still be open to dealing him if the right trade becomes available but he’s becoming an asset in our system for sure and it has already shown this year through 5 games.

• Like 3