• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Referendum on Hunter....

Diesel

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Final_quest said:

I'd be happy for Hunter to make me eat crow all year.  Keep it coming.  

I am hoping this will be the breakout that I was somewhat expecting last year.  I am ready for this kind of season from Dre over say 70 games:

6 Win Shares (currently on pace for ~8 WS; career high* of 2.5)

.150 WS/48 (currently on pace for .189 WS/48; career high of .057)

0.5 BPM (currently on pace for a 0.5 BPM; career high of -3.3)

1.5 VORP (currently on pace for a 2.3 VORP; career high of -0.7)

* I am excluding the 2020-21 season from his career high due to the insignificant 23 sample size.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

He got I think 4 steals last night? For anyone else that's like getting 10 steals in a game.

He has really bought into Quin after a somewhat rocky start to their relationship. I am honestly surprised to see it but glad it is there. 

As an aside, we are pretty lucky as Hawks fans that we just don't have the caustic egos and attitudes from players that you see from other players over the years on other teams. The FO does a good job traditionally in not having those type of players. Only JR Rider really stands out frankly as a long time fan.

• Like 3

• Moderators
Just now, BangHolman said:

So, how we looking?

Aggressive and consistent.  Exactly what we were hoping for.

All this talk about Hunter but it's clear that Quin likes him.  Bey and JJ are platooning.  There's no hint that anyone is going to take Hunter's starting spot.  

• Like 2

• Premium Member

1 more game and it will be over!  @Diesel will have to stop his hatred of Hunter and stop mischaracterizing him as Marvin William 2.0 forever!  Also @AHF will have to admit that it is now 3 coaches that see more in Hunter than his own fans which is sad.  @TheNorthCydeRises will have to stop trying to trade him. @theheroatl will stop trying to bench him and @terrell will have to stop dogging him during the game threads although the latter is wishful thinking...LOL   De'andre Hunter will finally be fully embraced by this fan base and seen as a valuable starter on this team for years to come!

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

1 more game and it will be over!  @Diesel will have to stop his hatred of Hunter and stop mischaracterizing him as Marvin William 2.0 forever!  Also @AHF will have to admit that it is now 3 coaches that see more in Hunter than his own fans which is sad.  @TheNorthCydeRises will have to stop trying to trade him. @theheroatl will stop trying to bench him and @terrell will have to stop dogging him during the game threads although the latter is wishful thinking...LOL   De'andre Hunter will finally be fully embraced by this fan base and seen as a valuable starter on this team for years to come!

I think your expectations are not going to be met, and you know that.  Just as dozens of great games from Trae didn't stop all criticism of him forever more, 6 good games from Hunter won't stop people from critiquing him when he struggles.  (And every player has their struggles.)

For me, no single digit sample size of games is ever going to convince me of much.  But every legit sample size starts with a handful of games so I'm thrilled to see it with Hunter and hope it will be the start of a full season of excellence.  Hunter plays a critical role on this team and there is no one else who can fill his role as a defender of big wings.  That is going to guarantee him a significant role for as long as he wears as Hawks uniform, but if he keeps up with the more disruptive defense, the career best rebounding, the career best scoring, etc. he will do so much to help this team move from a low seed  / borderline playoff squad to a conference contender like we all want to see.  He is one of the X factors that can make the difference.  And, so far this year, he is doing exactly that.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, AHF said:

I think your expectations are not going to be met, and you know that.  Just as dozens of great games from Trae didn't stop all criticism of him forever more, 6 good games from Hunter won't stop people from critiquing him when he struggles.  (And every player has their struggles.)

For me, no single digit sample size of games is ever going to convince me of much.  But every legit sample size starts with a handful of games so I'm thrilled to see it with Hunter and hope it will be the start of a full season of excellence.  Hunter plays a critical role on this team and there is no one else who can fill his role as a defender of big wings.  That is going to guarantee him a significant role for as long as he wears as Hawks uniform, but if he keeps up with the more disruptive defense, the career best rebounding, the career best scoring, etc. he will do so much to help this team move from a low seed  / borderline playoff squad to a conference contender like we all want to see.  He is one of the X factors that can make the difference.  And, so far this year, he is doing exactly that.

So we are not going to follow the rules of the thread which clearly stated that the referendum expires after the 1st 6 games.  What a sucky fan base!