• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

A player to watch - going to Duke: Cooper Flagg

thecampster

I heard about this guy and watched tapes of him a few months back. He’s a real annoying lil $hit if I may. He’s talkin all this smack against established players. I kinda hope he has a rude awakening in the league and turns out to be a poor man’s Zach Collins. 😂 

I’m kidding good luck to Flag(g) 🇺🇸 😂.

@thecampster you like him huh? I knew you would. I predicted even months back when viewing this kid which squawker was gonna be on Flagg’s pole and sure enough there you are, loud and present 💝! You freakin love the kid already and have posters and bobble heads of the new age Gomer Pyle huh? :sarcastic:

• Haha 1

• Premium Member

This kid is amazing. If he lives up to this hype teams will go full tank city for him. A white American superstar potential NBA player in a draft? Shiiii.... teams will be shooting their own players in the locker room to lose games. That kid is a potential mint for any NBA ownership.

2 minutes ago, Sothron said:

This kid is amazing. If he lives up to this hype teams will go full tank city for him. A white American superstar potential NBA player in a draft? Shiiii.... teams will be shooting their own players in the locker room to lose games. That kid is a potential mint for any NBA ownership.

I see holes 🕳️ in his game. :yes: 

image.gif.952ff147e1b753110c648e7f6986768a.gif

image.gif.1eab36fa7fd1328d9cbb78aca28733bb.gif

• Haha 3

Eh marketability is overrated. The thing that makes you marketable is being good at basketball. I'm pretty sure MJ marketable mainly because he was really good. They said Luka wouldn't be marketable, too European. Turns out they were wrong. Remember all the hype about Lonzo is Lakeland? Yea he was unceremoniously traded before his rookie contract was over. If Flagg is a star it will be because he's really good. It's he just average the hype train will quickly fizzle out. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I see holes 🕳️ in his game. :yes: 

image.gif.952ff147e1b753110c648e7f6986768a.gif

image.gif.1eab36fa7fd1328d9cbb78aca28733bb.gif

There is a clumsy wreckless abandon to him bit he is talented. I'm not sure "the great white hope" meme is the right one to attach to him but the guy goes hard to the rim while maintaining some finesse and that will be plenty for him to dominate in college. Definitely not hanging all over him at this point but he is intriguing. That Duke has recruited really well over a 2 year stretch will give him a lot of national attention. Duke will be back (hold on, coughed on that a bit, blech! Tasted terrible)

• Thanks 2

• Moderators
22 minutes ago, thecampster said:

I know nothing about the kid but if you are talking about Duke's next stud who is almost certain to get outsized media attention and is almost certain to end up playing on a team other than the Hawks, you are probably talking about a player I'm not going to like or root for.  He may rescue kittens from trees but playing for Duke and then playing against the Hawks puts you in a pretty tough spot for me as a fan.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AHF said:

I know nothing about the kid but if you are talking about Duke's next stud who is almost certain to get outsized media attention and is almost certain to end up playing on a team other than the Hawks, you are probably talking about a player I'm not going to like or root for.  He may rescue kittens from trees but playing for Duke and then playing against the Hawks puts you in a pretty tough spot for me as a fan.

LOL he's definitely not rescuing kittens. He's got an FU edge on him.  Stares players down (in high school).  Amazed someone's daddy hasn't handled him yet.  But he's going to get all sorts of attention and has a ton of potential due to a lack of fear and no real holes in his game.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, thecampster said:

LOL he's definitely not rescuing kittens. He's got an FU edge on him.  Stares players down (in high school).  Amazed someone's daddy hasn't handled him yet.  But he's going to get all sorts of attention and has a ton of potential due to a lack of fear and no real holes in his game.

Now I'm really getting excited about hating him.  I may have to flag this thread for follow-up!

55 minutes ago, AHF said:

Now I'm really getting excited about hating him.  I may have to flag this thread for follow-up!

Flagg 32 red.    Or you can just advance to the 57:30 minute mark if you wanna see him and actual basketball and not an all star game dunk fest.

Edited by thecampster