• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Moves?

I know it’s early but would you as a gm make any moves to the team? I’m surprised by this little winning streak. Due to Bally sports problems I haven’t been able to watch the last few games. Does the Hawks have enough and how far can they actually go with this roster?

• Premium Member

I think we're in wait and see mode as macdaddy has said.  There have been a lot of positives to take away from the first 6 games... not really any glaring gaps in the roster (not to say we don't have things to work on).  With JC gone, and OO showing some promise from 3, our front court doesn't have as many weaknesses as last year.  Add in OO's team friendly extension, and we don't have a ton of pressure to do anything there.

As of right now, with the emergence of JJ, and with Hunter looking much much better, I'd rather just let the roster continue to grow and develop organically.  It will be obvious if/when we need to make a move, and right now there is nothing obvious at all.

• Like 2

I'd say if they can get future draft capital combined with decent return for Bogi and/or Clint, those would be the moves to make. That's mainly based on their age, contracts and our need to restock our future assets; as well as us having solid other options for those 2. 

• Moderators

Detroit already is terrible.  They are holding Bojan out with the same 'calf' injury as Wesley.  We could bring him in for Mills/Mathews and/or Bruno and some picks.  Bojan's contract is only guaranteed for $2m next year.  He'd give us back up shooting at the 3/4.  

• Like 2

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Detroit already is terrible.  They are holding Bojan out with the same 'calf' injury as Wesley.  We could bring him in for Mills/Mathews and/or Bruno and some picks.  Bojan's contract is only guaranteed for $2m next year.  He'd give us back up shooting at the 3/4.  

Will Quin play him though?  In the early going he seems set on his 8-man rotation with a sprinkling of 9. And if he does, who gets there minutes reduced to make room for Bojan, he played 32.1 mpg last year.

Current Minutes per game:

Trae - 35.6 mpg

DJ - 34.4 mpg

Hunt - 30.4 mpg

JJ - 30.1 mpg

CC - 24.7 mpg

OO - 22.6 mpg

Bogi - 24.2 mpg

Bey - 27.9 mpg

AJ - 9.0 mpg (5 games)

GM - 4.0 mpg (2 games)

• Like 1

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Will Quin play him though?  In the early going he seems set on his 8-man rotation with a sprinkling of 9. And if he does, who gets there minutes reduced to make room for Bojan, he played 32.1 mpg last year.

Current Minutes per game:

Trae - 35.6 mpg

DJ - 34.4 mpg

Hunt - 30.4 mpg

JJ - 30.1 mpg

CC - 24.7 mpg

OO - 22.6 mpg

Bogi - 24.2 mpg

Bey - 27.9 mpg

AJ - 9.0 mpg (5 games)

GM - 4.0 mpg (2 games)

raw

• Haha 4

When I think about this question I keep coming back to finding the right front court player(s).  Capela and Okongwu are good defenders.  It would be nice to have an assassin PnR partner for Trae.  Also a big with a true outside shot.  

I'm good with the guys we have, but if we're honest we still need a bad ass big.  Could be Jalen?  But if we're talking about championships I think we need an all time great.  The bigs who have won titles are Jokic and Giannis.  

• Like 2

To answer the question though I think we really need one more knock down shooter in the rotation.

I’m only willing to deal a starter if it returns a clear upgrade. If AJ isn’t going to play his way into the rotation I’d be willing to let him go as well as Bufkin, since there’s really no spot for him.

1 minute ago, AHF said:

While an injury risk, Caruso is really good.  Wasn't the rumor last year that the price on him was sky high?

I think it was. He's also close to 30. But a really great POA defender would go a long way for us and the Bulls are mediocrity personified. 

• Like 1

I'd only see what we can get for AJ and MAYBE throw in Hunter as well if you can get a player that is a near superstar and or huge upgrade. I doubt AJ has a long term future on this team considering his nutjob rants over the summer and the weird thing with his dad and Quinn involving Utah.

• Moderators
27 minutes ago, swanlee said:

I'd only see what we can get for AJ and MAYBE throw in Hunter as well if you can get a player that is a near superstar and or huge upgrade. I doubt AJ has a long term future on this team considering his nutjob rants over the summer and the weird thing with his dad and Quinn involving Utah.

Brandon Ingram?