• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Moves?

• Premium Member

TBH, I'd be monitoring our long distance shooting closely and would take no chances with inefficiency there.  We will go as far as our perimeter shooting takes us.  Otherwise, we're just a midrange team with better ball movement that will get locked up in the playoffs.

As for major moves, I'm always of the belief that you sell high if the right player becomes available.  As good as we've looked, I think there's a missing link in the frontcourt that will take us to legit contender status.  To that end, I'm equally curious as to what JJ's ceiling is and how his market looks.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, theheroatl said:

Caruso would be huge.. I bet there is a sweepstakes for him though

He would take minutes from Bogi. So the only way I trade for him is if Bogi is going out. 

54 minutes ago, Wretch said:

As for major moves, I'm always of the believe that you sell high if the right player becomes available.  As good as we've looked, I think there's a missing link in the frontcourt that will take us to legit contender status.  To that end, I'm equally curious as to what JJ's ceiling is and how his market looks.

yep

If we're changing our bigs, it's at the 5 spot. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Bones Hyland is a good offensive player that doesn't play defense. When Denver gave up on him with great they are at getting something out of players that was a red flag for me.

I'd kill to have Caruso on this team. He plays defense like his life depends on it. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

Goodness, he is completely gassed answering interview questions.  Pass.  This guy will go down with the biggest bust : hype ratio of all time

Why is he soooo tired. Omg. I mean, wow. Ya the hype was Jordan esque. He better get smaller in size. Otherwise it’s a 5 or 6 year career. Dang he’s really electric too. Kinda stinks I do like watching him. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Why is he soooo tired. Omg. I mean, wow. Ya the hype was Jordan esque. He better get smaller in size. Otherwise it’s a 5 or 6 year career. Dang he’s really electric too. Kinda stinks I do like watching him. 

I also love watching him play. He's LJ in Charlotte years. But he needs to stay healthy and still needs to lose some weight.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Is this the first domino to fall in a bulls blowup?

When Lonzo knee gave out and it ended that great first half run for them two seasons or so ago, I called for a rebuild for them.

Remember Mrs. Sothron's first NBA love will always be the Bulls. So we watch them. They really need to blow up their roster and stockpile young guys and draft picks. They just aren't going anywhere since they don't have a good enough PG to lead an offense. 

Please put me down for trading Patty Mills and the Kings potential 1st rounder for Alex Caruso.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Please put me down for trading Patty Mills and the Kings potential 1st rounder for Alex Caruso.

Quin is playing an 8.25 man rotation. Where does Caruso get minutes to make what he does effective? He is currently playing 23.6 mpg for the Bulls.  Will he be a true backup PG to Trae? and if so whose minutes are getting cut?

Trae (35.8), DJ (34.3), Hunt (30.6), JJ (29.3), CC (24.8), Bogi (25.0), Bey (27.6), OO (22.6).

• Moderators
24 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Quin is playing an 8.25 man rotation. Where does Caruso get minutes to make what he does effective? He is currently playing 23.6 mpg for the Bulls.  Will he be a true backup PG to Trae? and if so whose minutes are getting cut?

Trae (35.8), DJ (34.3), Hunt (30.6), JJ (29.3), CC (24.8), Bogi (25.0), Bey (27.6), OO (22.6).

You could easily cut some minutes from Trae and DJ but that doesn't get you there.  Maybe something like this?

Trae 30 (+5.8)

DJ 30 (+11.1)

Hunter 26 (+15.7)

JJ 29

CC 25

Bogi 24 (+16.7)

Bey 26 (+18.3)

OO 23

Caruso 18

• Premium Member
37 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I would cut Trae and DJ back, Bey back as well to find the minutes. Caruso can legit play three positions including PG.

• Like 1