• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I know why AJ is riding the pine

shakes

• Premium Member

Remember this summer when he went batshit crazy on X and predicted the rapture was coming?  Well, what do people do when the end of the world is nigh?   Whatever they want.  I'll tell you what they don't do when end of the world is nigh?  They don't work on their game, eat right or lift weights.

He probably showed up to camp looking like Jeff Bridges in The Big Lebowski or like fat Thor in Endgame.

Anyone know how long it takes to get into shape after a summer of rapture  FOMO/YOLO?

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, shakes said:

Remember this summer when he went batshit crazy on X and predicted the rapture was coming?  Well, what do people do when the end of the world is nigh?   Whatever they want.  I'll tell you what they don't do when end of the world is nigh?  They don't work on their game, eat right or lift weights.

He probably showed up to camp looking like Jeff Bridges in The Big Lebowski or like fat Thor in Endgame.

Anyone know how long it takes to get into shape after a summer of rapture  FOMO/YOLO?

Although not a 1:1, but I do believe James Harden would be the most appropriate person to ask this question.

image.gif

• Haha 3

• Premium Member

Honestly AJ is riding the bench because of a blood fued between Adrian Sr. and Quin.   Quin beat him out for the Utah Job and A. Sr. Was not happy about it.   Claimed that Quin only got the job because of Silver Spoons.  Then After Quin left Utah, A Sr. went for the Utah Job again... and supposedly Quin said something that got them to look elsewhere.   Thus... A blood feud.   He only lets AJ play when we play Milwaukee. 

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Honestly AJ is riding the bench because of a blood fued between Adrian Sr. and Quin.   Quin beat him out for the Utah Job and A. Sr. Was not happy about it.   Claimed that Quin only got the job because of Silver Spoons.  Then After Quin left Utah, A Sr. went for the Utah Job again... and supposedly Quin said something that got them to look elsewhere.   Thus... A blood feud.   He only lets AJ play when we play Milwaukee. 

Nahh that's way too petty for Quin I'd hope - Aj prolly just hasn't looked good in practice or they're trying to keep him healthy for the Siakam trade.

3 hours ago, shakes said:

Could be this too LOL. He should be good by December if he gotta get into shape, but I'm hoping it's not that. Being outta shape in your 2nd year is wild, don't want another Omari situation 🙄

• Premium Member
13 hours ago, Diesel said:

if it was a true blood feud he would definitely not let him play in Milwaukee.

I call AJ "hope and a prayer" now. He's not shooting that well so you need to pray when he shoots and him being a religious nutjob is not going to make him a great locker room presence. I hope he gets his head together instead of calling famous people like Taylor swift Satanists.

• Premium Member
34 minutes ago, swanlee said:

He's not shooting that well

After last night, He's shooting 45.5% from 3. He's just not getting the volume of shots since he's not playing many minutes. It's the rest of his game that I need him to pick up. He's going to see limited minutes so play with a sense of urgency on defense and grab some rebounds. Be impactful in whatever minutes. The shots will come.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

After last night, He's shooting 45.5% from 3. He's just not getting the volume of shots since he's not playing many minutes. It's the rest of his game that I need him to pick up. He's going to see limited minutes so play with a sense of urgency on defense and grab some rebounds. Be impactful in whatever minutes. The shots will come.

Yea, he's been fine scoring the ball. It's his IQ that is lacking at both ends.

• Premium Member
On 11/9/2023 at 3:10 PM, shakes said:

Not cool bro.....

That great teacher, experience, is where AJ Griffin falls short.  If he doesn't get to play a lot, hopefully he will agree to go and play some games with the Skyhawks.  He's still quiet young and would fit right in with our draft picks from last summer.

😉

• Like 1