• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

SEND HUNTER DOWN TO THE G LEAGUE

Spud2nique

He needs motivation. Dude is turning negative in a hurry. So his defense was supposed to be stout because he’s a good defender? I haven’t seen that, when was the last time he hustled and the outcome was positive? 

This hustle doesn’t even deserve a participation award. At first I thought dude being quiet was because he was a dangerous man on the court…

Well he is dangerous, dangerously $hitty. Only thing is we send him down it plummets his trade value, the. again how high is his trade value now? Why would any team want to give us anything for him.

I’m sorry but our scouts need to pick players with more heart 💜..

First Marv, then this bull$hit. 

Marv and Hunter… basketball wasn’t their sport, they just play it. 

G LEAGUE DUDE AND LET HIM RE-LEARN HOW TO PLAY.

I don’t understand why you would continue with him when there’s major issues, why the heck have a G league if you can’t send vets down. 

Indirectly or directly I feel like Hunter has cost us a couple wins this season alone, just by being out there on the floor. We need him as a body for depth in the rotation I guess but he’s just a horrible basketball player.

RANT OVER .. for now

Oh… with @JeffS17 we both had it up to here..(pointing around my nose)..

• Haha 1

Sadly, it’s not even hustle, like what he gives us now might sadly be his ceiling. He just looks like he’s not gonna improve by repetition, it ain’t about that anymore.

He is done. It’s over, any small hope I ever had for him of being even a positive defensive stopper is gone, he wasn’t the 4th best player in that draft, not even close.

If we're honest, this is not gonna be easy to fix.  You are gonna have to make another hold your nose move like we did with JC.  Players who are available will not be bargains.  It feels like if you propose an actual move that isn't a fantasy people are against it.  

Players like Jerami Grant.  Jerami Grant is not a great first or second option and he's way overpaid, but that is why you can get him.  

I was patient with Hunter, but realized we never went on a winning streak with him starting.  Look for a month where we were above .500 with Hunter in the lineup.  It's just hard to find stretches where Hunter helps elevate our team.  Beginning of 2021 he gets injured and we are 4-7 and then we win 8 in a row.  Something like that.  

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

We need what he's capable of doing.  Desperately.

The problem is he doesn't do it consistently enough.  And there are some nights he just doesn't do much at all.  Then some nights he'll give us high-20's.

Like, if all he's gonna be is a good 3nD guy and not score much, that's fine.  But he doesn't really even do that consistently.  And he can't stop fouling.

If he was gonna be Kawhi or Jaylen B offensively, I feel like we would've seen that (consistently) by now.  And there's nothing our guards would've done to stop that, so miss me with the Trae slander that I know is coming.  Or, if youre gonna bring the slander, atleast explain to me his listlessness even when Traes out.

I was listening to a dude on radio explaining why, even tho CLE is struggling being led by Mitchell, that they still should stick with it.  He said Mitchell, unlike Garland, brings it every night.  He may have a bad night but it's not gonna be because his effort is inconsistent.  Garland is probably more skilled, but he doesn't bring it (energy/effort) every night. 

As it relates to Hunter, if he brought it (e/e) every night, I'd have no complaints.  But the sad reality is he doesn't and I don't know why.   The role is there for the taking.  If Bey could defend, Hunter would be gone by now. 

Edited by kg01
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
23 minutes ago, kg01 said:

We need what he's capable of doing.  Desperately.

The problem is he doesn't do it consistently enough.  And there are some nights he just doesn't do much at all.  Then some nights he'll give us high-20's.

Like, if all he's gonna be is a good 3nD guy and not score much, that's fine.  But he doesn't really even do that consistently.  And he can't stop fouling.

If he was gonna be Kawhi or Jaylen B offensively, I feel like we would've seen that (consistently) by now.  And there's nothing our guards would've done to stop that, so miss me with the Trae slander that I know is coming.  Or, if youre gonna bring the slander, atleast explain to me his listlessness even when Traes out.

I was listening to a dude on radio explaining why, even tho CLE is struggling being led by Mitchell, that they still should stick with it.  He said Mitchell, unlike Garland, brings it every night.  He may have a bad night but it's not gonna be because his effort is inconsistent.  Garland is probably more skilled, but he doesn't bring it (energy/effort) every night. 

As it relates to Hunter, if he brought it (e/e) every night, I'd have no complaints.  But the sad reality is he doesn't and I don't know why.   The role is there for the taking.  If Bey could defend, Hunter would be gone by now. 

We should know by now EXACTLY what he is going to give us as far as production. He has been uncannily consistent with it for five years. 14-4 44% from the field.

• Like 1

• Moderators
23 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

We should know by now EXACTLY what he is going to give us as far as production. He has been uncannily consistent with it for five years. 14-4 44% from the field.

Yeah, I don't see any benefit to putting him down in the g-league.  Quin needs to be guiding him day-to-day.  If he doesn't buy in and give what Quin wants, then you deal with that but if you send him down (which I doubt any starter would agree to do) then you leave a massive hole on the team as a defender of big wings.  

Ride this out and do the best you can.

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

In fairness to Hunter he gets some of the most ridiculous foul calls.  Okongwu is next followed by Jalen.  It's like the refs won't allow us #HeatCulture type of noncalls.  Since we don't have a physical play reputation our defensive players get soft whistles.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

8 hours ago, Final_quest said:

Dang, dude gets the worst calls.  Embiid knocks him over like a bowling pin then steps on his foot and Hunter gets the foul called on him.  

It's his passive body language.. refs don't award passive NBA players.. they tend to give aggressive driving players the call (Trae, Giannis)

• Like 2

Can you change a person’s insides? @kg01 🤨 I don’t mean that in a psycho Jeff Dahmer type way but is Hunter always gonna be mild mannered? Dude gets tossed last night and I hear chirp chirp 🐣 on the way out. Classy yes, but sometimes you gotta get a lil crazy ghetto out there.. not Metta World Peace style but more of a Freedom Kanter style…

I mean, Hunter would be a great partner on the golf course nice and quiet but I’m not sure I necessarily want him as my starting small forward on the Hawks.

#Huntcaptradecoming- The Outsiders

Yeah I’ve come to accept Hunter as a net neutral when he is playing at his best. It’s like he doesn’t know how to have a complete game. 

I recall maybe one or two times when I thought man, he scored, rebounded, and played solid defense this game!  Otherwise he is only doing one, maybe two of those things and it’s at a capacity that has a marginal impact on winning if any.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

image.png

Double these for his per 36.  He's just out there getting cardio every night and putting up some mediocre shooting splits.  I will admit he gets shafted on a lot of foul calls, but he does himself no favors.  Trae is one of the worst culture leaders in the league when it comes to ref relationships too, which isn't helpful.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, AUhawksfan said:

Yeah I’ve come to accept Hunter as a net neutral when he is playing at his best. It’s like he doesn’t know how to have a complete game. 

I recall maybe one or two times when I thought man, he scored, rebounded, and played solid defense this game!  Otherwise he is only doing one, maybe two of those things and it’s at a capacity that has a marginal impact on winning if any.

Robert Covington can do better.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Trae is one of the worst culture leaders in the league when it comes to ref relationships too, which isn't helpful.

Yes the lady friend complained about why Trae always umm 😕.. well complains (to the refs).. 

It’s the like pot calling the kettle black I tell ya…. 😐 🏃‍♀️ 

57 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

image.png

Double these for his per 36.  He's just out there getting cardio every night and putting up some mediocre shooting splits.  I will admit he gets shafted on a lot of foul calls, but he does himself no favors.  Trae is one of the worst culture leaders in the league when it comes to ref relationships too, which isn't helpful.

Wonder how other forwards around the league rank as compared to Hunter. We over payed the wrong guy 🤦‍♀️