• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

4 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Nope.  Your issue with this lineup is still the frontline defense.

12 is not a lockdown defender.  I think we can all agree to that right now.

Lauri barely plays any defense.

OO plays defense, but tends to rebound poorly for the position.

I think this lineup makes us harder to defend offensively, but we'd still get killed on the boards and have issues on defense.

Not many players out there are lockdown defenders and certainly not many on the block. Going to be hard to upgrade what 12 is currently giving us on defense. At least OG is an improvement over DJM on defense. OG / Dre would be fine on D. 

At least Lauri is 7 ft tall. He's literally doing everything better right now than Siakam. Defensive ratings are about the same. 

Keep Cap then if you're worried about rebounding.

image.png.cb07ea947633d9fe03ad1ac38f34a5ec.png

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, akay said:

Would love to get Lauri, but I feel like any deal we make with Danny Ainge is gonna end with us looking like fools getting fleeced 😕 

But honestly though f*** it, would rather start swinging for the fences and have a chance to be winning. Sooooo tired of the <= .500 experience.

• Like 3

Just now, warcore said:

Y'all are losing your damn minds falling for that stupid click bait. 

Meanwhile, at the outisders cul de sac:
giphy.gif 

Business as usual... (that's Spud's girl-wife)

And these boys out here fallin in love with that 20-game sample size of Lauri but ignoring the 4-5 years worth of mediocrity too.

What yall think?  Yall seeing something Chicago, Cleveland, and now UTA (if they trade him) are missing?

Duh, the reason UTA went from a 1-2 seed early last season to a lotto-bound mess is BECAUSE Markkanen ain't that dude, not in spite of it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

And these boys out here fallin in love with that 20-game sample size of Lauri but ignoring the 4-5 years worth of mediocrity too.

What yall think?  Yall seeing something Chicago, Cleveland, and now UTA (if they trade him) are missing?

Duh, the reason UTA went from a 1-2 seed early last season to a lotto-bound mess is BECAUSE Markkanen ain't that dude, not in spite of it.

He was traded for allstar Donovan Mitchell on a team that just drafted a PF 3rd overall and needed a SG...

Completely different player now than he was 2 years ago. He actually improved and took that leap - something people around here keep praying one of our guys do.

He ain't that dude? Yeah most teams recognize until you have a top 10 superstar it's better to play the lottery than be middle of the pack where he kept them most of last year.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

No way I'm giving up Jalen to get Lauri.

Lauri is a scoring big, and that's it.  A very good scorer, but that's all he brings to the table.

Jalen's versatility trumps Lauri.

But Stathead says he's better than Siakam and JJ..

That's the standard now I guess..... 

Ill have to use that site in all of my arguments now. lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, terrell said:

But Stathead says he's better than Siakam and JJ..

That's the standard now I guess..... 

Ill have to use that site in all of my arguments now. lol

Literally no one on that Jazz roster including what everyone around here says is a net negative in John Collins and somehow the same number of wins as us and one less than the vaunted Siakam.

5 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

Literally no one on that Jazz roster including what everyone around here says is a net negative in John Collins and somehow the same number of wins as us and one less than the vaunted Siakam.

I couldnt care less.. Its just funny how fans use certain criteria to fit their narrative..

Im not giving up JJ for either one of those dudes.. lol

Edited by terrell
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

He was traded for allstar Donovan Mitchell on a team that just drafted a PF 3rd overall and needed a SG...

Completely different player now than he was 2 years ago. He actually improved and took that leap - something people around here keep praying one of our guys do.

He ain't that dude? Yeah most teams recognize until you have a top 10 superstar it's better to play the lottery than be middle of the pack where he kept them most of last year.

Uh, CLE took him because Mitchell demanded a trade and that was the best return they could muster considering they were tryna tank.

And, to clarify, when I say he's not 'that dude', I'm not referring to him being the central piece.  I'm referring to him being a player that can help a team win.  That's the dude he ain't.  He's taller John Collins as far as I'm concerned. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

Just depends on what you think JJ's ceiling is.

If the Hawks trade JJ for either one of these dudes, Im coming for LF and Ressler seriously..

download.jpg.798a0d06230dc2fb898361005a2c5949.jpg

Edited by terrell
  • Like 4

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, ShooterSays said:

I don't agree. This is a big issue on defense:

image.png.b6a2779bb6706a30a2a995f83cb410f9.png

As I watch...  I read that as Scheme more than personnel.   The other night when we played Toronto, how many times did I see DJ and Wes and Garrison matched up on Siakam?  Too many to count.   The switching defense is not for us.  We need to run a Zone. ... I prefer diamond and one because of it's treatment of the perimeter or some kind of modify 3-2. 

However, if we keep playing a man defense that switches, teams will continue to dial up the matchups that they want and will continue to hurt us on defense.   SO your cries for more size at the 2 is really a call to find the personnel to make the defensive scheme that we use work.   the easier answer is to use a scheme that would work better for us. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

No way I'm giving up Jalen to get Lauri.

Lauri is a scoring big, and that's it.  A very good scorer, but that's all he brings to the table.

Jalen's versatility trumps Lauri.

I like Jalen.. I like his rise a lot... but I don't give in to homerism.  Lauri is an allstar talent.    Do you think Jalen will get there? Lauri has not played with a PG with the abilities of Trae.   Offensively, he may be even better. 

• Like 1

Hawks hoping to trade.  Yep.  And, when it happens, I'm expecting to hear:

"Gee whiz!  I didn't see that one coming!  I like it!"

Several pieces expected to be moving around before the trade deadline.  Hawks need size/defense and they have almost every Hawk available, "If the price is right!"  Some teams want and need another guard.  Hawks have an abundance that should tweak the interest of those teams.  

Some Hawk players have fell out of favor with Squawk posters.  Losing game after game will do this to most of us.  We all have gotten tired of seeing our team always coming up short.  We are missing JJ but this is not the entire problem.  Too many times we have watched as our beloved Hawk team has melted away when they enter the final quarter.  This happens and we can't recover.

Hawks are not desperate.  Not yet.  But we're getting there pretty fast!

:ahf: