• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

39 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

TS didn't want to pay JC. Trae and his daddy did who by proxy is with who?

I'll let you guess

I doubt that.  Trae was all for getting rid of him, because he dared to stand up to him in a team meeting.

• Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Watchman said:

I'm not suggesting we take JC back, but these people who belittle him probably couldn't make a layup if they were guarded by a 95 year old grandma using a walker.  

To belittle means to put down, or to make another person feel as though they aren't important. 

Are you JC himself?

If not, I doubt he's reading this board.. lol

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, Watchman said:

I'm not suggesting we take JC back, but these people who belittle him probably couldn't make a layup if they were guarded by a 95 year old grandma using a walker.  

I’ll admit I laughed out loud at this one. Those walkers can be dangerous though.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, terrell said:

To belittle means to put down, or to make another person feel as though they aren't important. 

Are you JC himself?

If not, I doubt he's reading this board.. lol

No, I'm not.  The definition doesn't imply that you are making a direct insult to the "belittled" person  (you can't make a thing feel unimportant.)

Be·lit·tle
/bəˈlid(ə)l/
image.png.997af24ffcc2e52dbb54f4e09f80f331.png

verb

• 1.make (someone or something) seem unimportant:"this is not to belittle his role"
Edited by Watchman
To use smaller font size.
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Watchman said:
No, I'm not.  I just think certain people are blind to the obvious on this website.  The definition doesn't imply that you are making a direct insult to the "belittled" person  (you can't make a thing feel unimportant.)

Be·lit·tle
/bəˈlid(ə)l/
image.png.997af24ffcc2e52dbb54f4e09f80f331.png

verb

• 1.make (someone or something) seem unimportant:"this is not to belittle his role"

But he ISNT important to us though..

1 minute ago, terrell said:

But he ISNT important to us though..

The only person on our roster that is indispensable is JJ.

Just now, kg01 said:

Honestly, based on the font you just used, you clearly think all of us are literally blind. 😄

It's called "cut and paste."

• Premium Member

Raise your hand if you are happy after years of John Collins trade rumors, we still have him in a thread titled “Hawks looking to trade” after we traded him. No disrespect to those debating it, but it’s pretty funny.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Watchman said:

The only person on our roster that is indispensable is JJ.

It's called "cut and paste."

Every Hawks player is more important than JC though...

Whats your point?

5 minutes ago, AHF said:

So we could have resigned JC for less but Schlenk said “yes sir, Mr. Young; the exact amount you want us to pay him we’ll happily do.  Thank you sir.”

No.  Trae probably let it be known he wanted JC to get resigned. The organization made the decision how. Nobody lets a 22 year old who is like 5 years away from UFA make the call on how things like that get executed.  If Schlenk did that it is an even worse call than deciding to bid against yourself to keep him.  JC was a RFA.  There was zero risk of losing him.

JC was going full Nerlens Noel. We should have called his bluff but we know why we didn't 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Honestly, based on the font you just used, you clearly think all of us are literally blind. 😄

Pardon me.  I should have changed the font size from the dictionary font size.  I corrected it on the original post.

• Like 1

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

JC was going full Nerlens Noel. We should have called his bluff but we know why we didn't 

Sorry.  Don’t buy it at all.  Trae had no serious leverage and I can’t believe that anyone paid JC $50M extra dollars just to make him momentarily happy when there was no situation in which he could leave the team.  Any GM that doesn’t know you can match another teams offer for a RFA shouldn’t be a GM.  If the owner mandated it then it is on Ressler. 

I don’t buy that Trae had the power to do more than tell people to make sure JC was taken care of and resigned.  Don’t believe he set the budget for the team or made detailed contractual decisions for the franchise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, terrell said:

lol I posted something basketball related and he started calling folks ignorant.. smh

Oops. 

John Collins stock and team value is even worse in Utah than it was here in Atl….. it is a miracle that Utah took him off our hands.......

https://www.si.com/nba/jazz/news/jazz-john-collins-trade-biggest-regret-2023

Yeah, you're absolutely right...basketball related.  Anyway, I'm done.  Do me a favor, and I'll do you a favor:  "Ignore" button.

Edited by Watchman
  • Haha 2