• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

fanspo-nba-trade-machine-snap_1-6-2024_11-47-15AM.thumb.png.8f28e0e6a7079d039501cec3f0cde6f3.png

This is a good framework to get started from and addresses our need for more shooting to fit Quinn's offense. 

Trae

THJ

Hunter

JJ

KAT

I'm not going to speak on the money, because it isn't my money to worry about. But does this team look like a contender?

fanspo-nba-trade-machine-snap_1-6-2024_12-00-38PM.thumb.png.32df40d416bcad202668a5f843ab49ba.png

This is a NBA 2k trade I know. But it works and I really want Derozan on our team for some reason. 

Edited by LucastheThird
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, Chrimturn said:

Call Celtics back and tell them they can have Bey now for a future 1st.

Do you take their $6mil TPE, filler to flip or try to squeeze out a 2nd?

When were we offered a future 1st for Bey?

We'd get a $4.5 mil TPE if we trade Bey into their $6 mil TPE (they'd have $1.5 mil left)

• Like 2

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, LucastheThird said:

fanspo-nba-trade-machine-snap_1-6-2024_11-47-15AM.thumb.png.8f28e0e6a7079d039501cec3f0cde6f3.png

This is a good framework to get started from and addresses our need for more shooting to fit Quinn's offense. 

Trae

THJ

Hunter

JJ

KAT

I'm not going to speak on the money, because it isn't my money to worry about. But does this team look like a contender?

fanspo-nba-trade-machine-snap_1-6-2024_12-00-38PM.thumb.png.32df40d416bcad202668a5f843ab49ba.png

This is a NBA 2k trade I know. But it works and I really want Derozan on our team for some reason. 

I think we'd still have a defensive problem.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I think we'd still have a defensive problem.

I've given up on defense for now. Let's get better offensive players on the court and take the 4th quarter blitzes away from Trae. I'm tired of seeing teams knowing they can completely disrupt our offense late in games. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, LucastheThird said:

I've given up on defense for now. Let's get better offensive players on the court and take the 4th quarter blitzes away from Trae. I'm tired of seeing teams knowing they can completely disrupt our offense late in games. 

Ok. I'll play along.

I'll need a 1st from Dallas for Capela.

Then what's next for the Hawks? Post the top 8/9 rotation players in each scenario and let's have a look.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

When were we offered a future 1st for Bey?

We'd get a $4.5 mil TPE if we trade Bey into their $6 mil TPE (they'd have $1.5 mil left)

Appears to be back before the draft.  Read through Celtics channels that Brad Stevens was interested in Bey (to solidify their bench). Was willing to give a 1st.  Hawks countered wanting more, tried to get them to add a player on top (Pritchard).  Deal fell through.  Hawks drafted KB.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Ok. I'll play along.

I'll need a 1st from Dallas for Capela.

Then what's next for the Hawks? Post the top 8/9 rotation players in each scenario and let's have a look.

PG: Trae, Trent F/Kobe B

SG: THJ, Bogi, AJ

SF: Hunter, Bey, AJ

PF: JJ, OO

C : KAT, OO

3 minutes ago, Chrimturn said:

Appears to be back before the draft.  Read through Celtics channels that Brad Stevens was interested in Bey (to solidify their bench). Was willing to give a 1st.  Hawks countered wanting more, tried to get them to add a player on top (Pritchard).  Deal fell through.  Hawks drafted KB.

When did you hear this?

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, LucastheThird said:

PG: Trae, Trent F/Kobe B

SG: THJ, Bogi, AJ

SF: Hunter, Bey, AJ

PF: JJ, OO

C : KAT, OO

Contender? No.

Not even sure we'd move into top 8 this year.

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Chrimturn said:

Do you have a link?

We gave up 5 2nds for Bey, not sure I believe they'd offer a 1st.

They have to mine for depth and versatility to put around TrayKat.  Pretty much what we already need here, more depth that can play offball well, CnS etc and play perimeter D.  This article a few weeks back from PH has some decent cheap options.  I like Aaron Wiggins from this group myself, maybe Thybulle.

Diamonds in the rough: three trade targets to bolster Atlanta’s depth - Peachtree Hoops

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

When did you hear this?

47 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Do you have a link?

We gave up 5 2nds for Bey, not sure I believe they'd offer a 1st.

Nothing written specifically mentioning the offer.  I don’t have access on any credible info like you guys may have.  I just read articles and watch video podcasts and read the comments to see what the fanbases are saying.  Like here on this forum or any other forum.  Not knowing if the info is fact or opinion or just biased (no offense…)

I read this article on Celtics Wire:

https://celticswire.usatoday.com/2024/01/05/nba-boston-celtics-bey-yes/

Watched the video then read the comments…fully aware that they might not be true or credible.  Some person just spewing off at the mouth or somebody privy to instead info.  Who knows.  Either way, taken with a grain of salt, still sparks curiosity.

Edit…comment about the offer was in first comments of the video.  Not sure if it holds any weight.  Maybe you guys have ways of finding out.

Edited by Chrimturn
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Affording him is not the problem, it's filling out the rest of the roster and how willing ownership is to spend. It will all come down to how willing they are to exceed the LT. Or will it be more cutting salary to stay under since we'll have 2 players making +$90 million.

Edit: Capela will also most likely be traded as well

Our Defense and bench would be so bad..

No vet min guys are knocking down doors to come to Atlanta to play with Trae and KAT...

Who's starting center btw? OO? lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LucastheThird said:

Trae

THJ

Hunter

JJ

KAT

So THJ is the next failed experiment playing besided Trae at the 2 huh? 

No way thats working defensively..

I told yall YEARS ago that

"Im gonna be old and gray and theyre still gonna be looking for the right players to put around Trae" smh

Edited by terrell

7 minutes ago, terrell said:

So THJ is the next failed experiment playing besided Trae at the 2 huh? 

No way thats working defensively..

I told yall YEARS ago that

"Im gonna be old and gray and theyre still gonna be looking for the right players to put around Trae" smh

That says more about the front office than it does about Trae.  It ain't that fkng hard.  I now think they're just bad at their jobs.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, kg01 said:

That says more about the front office than it does about Trae.  It ain't that fkng hard.  I now think they're just bad at their jobs.

I agree they're bad at their jobs.. 

But I disagree that it aint that fkn hard..

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I don't know, it does feel pretty hard tbh lol, every single team in the league needs perimeter defenders and bigs that can get easy buckets.  What Trae does is amazing and he's a little better at it than most, but it's not a unique skillset to be a pretty good efficiency guard that can create offense while playing bad defense.  Those guys are kind of a dime a dozen.  It's way easier to build around a bigger guard that can guard a few different positions (like Luka) or a big that plays elite defense (Giannis, Embiid, Gobert even, etc.)

I'm not saying it cannot be done, but if you compare building around Trae to any other franchise players, it's probably harder than almost all of them.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

I don't know, it does feel pretty hard tbh lol, every single team in the league needs perimeter defenders and bigs that can get easy buckets.  What Trae does is amazing and he's a little better at it than most, but it's not a unique skillset to be a pretty good efficiency guard that can create offense while playing bad defense.  Those guys are kind of a dime a dozen.  It's way easier to build around a bigger guard that can guard a few different positions (like Luka) or a big that plays elite defense (Giannis, Embiid, Gobert even, etc.)

I'm not saying it cannot be done, but if you compare building around Trae to any other franchise players, it's probably harder than almost all of them.

But do you see youve identified the problem?  You say every team needs defenders and bigs that can get easy buckets.  Name one player that weve added that matches either profile.  We dont really have any strong rumors of us trying to do so.

We've literally added NO PERIMETER DEFENDERS.  None.  Zero.  That's malpractice. 

Fkng try, that's all I ask.  They're content with letting one dude take all the slings and arrows.  And best believe, if they fail, they'll fall on that same store-brand excuse, "bwah isshard bildin around Tray." 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1