• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I don't know.  Ressler has never been in win now mode in my opinion.  There's not evidence of that.  

And i believed that would be Quin's idea but now i'm starting to think he's more interested in making this a long term home because he likes Landry and Kyle.  I think he's probably thinking about making this his team like Pop, Spo, and less concerned with salvaging Trae's career in Atlanta than I previously thought.  

Disagree.  Ressler may be a tax avoider, but he's nixed trades and traded away multiple firsts (Murray) to either keep or get players he believed will help the team win now.  And Quin may like Landry and Kyle, but my guess is he doesn't answer to them and probably has more power.

• Like 1

Sourced:

Lakers are the leaders in the clubhouse for DJM followed by the Knicks. Brooklyn might be the third team involved for D LO with hawks getting Dinshittie expiring which funny enough they might also move to a fourth team for a different player and expiring...

Unsourced:

Wouldn't shock me if they combine all these picks and assets into Zion in the summer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Jody23 said:

Disagree.  Ressler may be a tax avoider, but he's nixed trades and traded away multiple firsts (Murray) to either keep or get players he believes will help the team win now.  And Quin may like Landry and Kyle, but my guess is he doesn't answer to them and probably has more power.

He also brought in Capela, Gallo, Bogi, Snell, and Rondo/LouWill in a single year.  I don't know how you quantify those as anything less than win now moves.  If he was actually Donald Sterling he would have tanked a few more years. 

We have guys who say are big mistake was accelerating win now vs continue to build through the draft.  

• Like 1

So if this right…I am praying they send D’Lo to the Knicks so we can get Grimes because it sounds like as of right now Dejounte is about to be a laker once they figure out where D’Lo is going. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member

I said before it's less about Ressler paying the tax vs the payout he receives from NOT being a tax payer.

Last year he probably got ~$15 million as his share from the 7 or so taxpayers.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

He also brought in Capela, Gallo, Bogi, Snell, and Rondo/LouWill in a single year.  I don't know how you quantify those as anything less than win now moves.  If he was actually Donald Sterling he would have tanked a few more years. 

We have guys who say are big mistake was accelerating win now vs continue to build through the draft.  

That was all Travis.   Since then it's been save now mode and let's hope we win.   I'm not say Ressler doesn't want to win, he just wants to win on the cheap which, shocker, doesn't really work.  

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, givemesome1ce1 said:

So if this right…I am praying they send D’Lo to the Knicks so we can get Grimes because it sounds like as of right now Dejounte is about to be a laker once they figure out where D’Lo is going. 

This makes it sound like all we're getting is a 2029 first round pick for DJ.  if that ends up being the case then  i might be done for a while.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Sourced:

Lakers are the leaders in the clubhouse for DJM followed by the Knicks. Brooklyn might be the third team involved for D LO with hawks getting Dinshittie expiring which funny enough they might also move to a fourth team for a different player and expiring...

Unsourced:

Wouldn't shock me if they combine all these picks and assets into Zion in the summer.

I would think Brooklyn would have to part with more than Spencer Dinwiddie to meet what the Hawks are asking for.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Jody23 said:

I would think Brooklyn would have to part with more than Spencer Dinwiddie to meet what the Hawks are asking for.

Why would Brooklyn help facilitate this though?  What's in it for them?  Also, Dinwiddie + pick is not good value for DJ -- going to wait until we move him and see the full deal to pass judgement.

• Like 2

Shocking reality that people don’t want to hear: we way overpaid for Dejounte because of his one all-star season and he hasn’t been able to come close to those since in Atlanta. This is what the market values Dejounte at right now. He’s not a massively impactful player, so at this point the return being this low is just not surprising to me. It is what it is. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

That was all Travis.   Since then it's been save now mode and let's hope we win.   I'm not say Ressler doesn't want to win, he just wants to win on the cheap which, shocker, doesn't really work.  

Ressler is trying to catch lightning in a bottle similar to the ECF run where we got there under the LT. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Huh?  So you are saying Ressler was tempted to stop those moves and temporarily allowed Travis to make his own decisions?  Or that they weren't actually win now moves?  Additionally the next year after the ECF they resigned everyone AND added Delon.  

We stopped winning BEFORE the savings types of decisions happened.  We could have made trades to keep winning after the ECF, but we instead resigned mediocre players to bad contracts.  All of the savings moves happened AFTER performance went down hill and poor investments took us up to the luxury tax line.  

I really believe win now moves would have continued IF winning continued.  When winning stopped the spending went into hold steady.  Keeping Huerter or JC would not have saved our franchise even if we went into luxury tax to keep them.  That's my main disagreement.  The root cause of our issues isn't those decisions.  Making poor investments in overpays > not spending to keep Huerter.  We could be paying more right now for the same results AND not have the first round pick from that trade.  

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, givemesome1ce1 said:

Shocking reality that people don’t want to hear: we way overpaid for Dejounte because of his one all-star season and he hasn’t been able to come close to those since in Atlanta. This is what the market values Dejounte at right now. He’s not a massively impactful player, so at this point the return being this low is just not surprising to me. It is what it is. 

DM is a very good player. He just plays like the other players on the team behind Trae.  Trae's shots are down and DM stats are going up the last few games playing like a shooting guard.  Quin has to scheme to fit around them.   Our parts are not right and dont sync.   I will give Trae credit for trying to adjust.    

If we go rebuild I believe Trae will ask for a trade.   FO is aware of this.   They want to acquire KAT but we will see what happens at the deadline to impact summer.  

• Like 2

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

Huh?  So you are saying Ressler was tempted to stop those moves and temporarily allowed Travis to make his own decisions?  Or that they weren't actually win now moves?  Additionally the next year after the ECF they resigned everyone AND added Delon.  

They were absolutely win now moves.  Tony gave Travis the go ahead which is what he should have done but the only reason he got the go ahead to do them was that everyone else was on rookie deals.   Once the bills started coming due on those guys is when Tony started nixing his basketball people's plans.  

I don't know what to say really.  I'm not saying Tony is a bad owner or bad person but there's literally a mountain of evidence that the last 3 years has been meddling, mismanagement and cost cutting.  

As far as the year after the ECF, every elite team in this league looks to get better when when they start having success.  We didn't really do that.  The year after we got screwed by covid and injuries a little bit but we didn't improve the team between ECF and the next season.  We just stood pat.  Let Lou retire.  Signed Delon which i know is a sacred cow around here but he's not what anyone would call a big signing.  Lots of injuries.  Then came payroll desperation for the next seasons.  

The mismanagement of assets is truly astounding to me. DJM was sunk cost as soon as you traded for him.  Even with depreciation, you mean to tell me the best we could do is essential another addition of a mediocre player and future first?

Explain to me like I'm 10, why the summer will make other teams decide to make us a good deal and how this new assortment of assets will magically get you KAT or Zion per se.  I don't see it.

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, deester11 said:

The mismanagement of assets is truly astounding to me. DJM was sunk cost as soon as you traded for him.  Even with depreciation, you mean to tell me the best we could do is essential another addition of a mediocre player and future first?

Explain to me like I'm 10, why the summer will make other teams decide to make us a good deal and how this new assortment of assets will magically get you KAT or Zion per se.  I don't see it.

The plan was probably ok.  DJ. Then trade JC and acquire Siakam. getting Bey was a good move honestly.  But they weren't able to execute so here we are. 

Still can't figure out why we didn't go harder to flip DJ for OG.   Hunter/DJ for OG/Flynn/Achiuwa should have been attactive to Toronto.  We then hopefully could have traded Capela for a good vet PF and a pick and this season would have looked a lot better. 

• Like 1