• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

2 hours ago, JTB said:

I understand the 2nd apron of the luxury tax is basically hell for these owners but I can’t see minny just trading away KAT. 

they have a legit championship contending team in my opinion . I am sure if somehow they reach the finals or even win the whole thing they are going to find a way to keep that team together.

They been losing way too long to let players just start walking away. I’d love to get KAT but I would bet Zion is a more realistic trade option for us.

We covered Minnesota at least 3 times on here. It's basically a hard cap and they would be hard cap way over the 2nd Apron with no PG. The reason they are so good is they basically have a squad worth 217 million in a salary cap era where the salary cap LT mark is 165 million. We got a salary where they play below their salary and we feel it badly. You don't think they won't see the positives of it

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

If you look deeply into our finances, we aren't even in LT land next year either and we have 12 players on the roster with 8.7 million to spend on 2-3 players. 

The Hawks have no business trading assets with no 1st next year unless they do a balanced deal. We shouldn't be looking to shed salary, we aren't even in LT land and Capela expiring next year. 

Landry needs to be fired immediately 

• Like 3

Let's say we trade Murray and OO for KAT. Still keep Capela. KAT can play the 4 too although last night, he was horrendous on D. At this point, the Hawks shouldn't be mentioned in salary shedding deals. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, JTB said:

I understand the 2nd apron of the luxury tax is basically hell for these owners but I can’t see minny just trading away KAT

they have a legit championship contending team in my opinion . I am sure if somehow they reach the finals or even win the whole thing they are going to find a way to keep that team together.

They been losing way too long to let players just start walking away. I’d love to get KAT but I would bet Zion is a more realistic trade option for us.

Trust yer instincts, Jt-money, it makes no sense.  However, I checked with my 2026 self and he says MIN flames out in the playoffs which makes the money decision to trade Towns make more sense. 

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member
51 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Let's say we trade Murray and OO for KAT. Still keep Capela. KAT can play the 4 too although last night, he was horrendous on D. At this point, the Hawks shouldn't be mentioned in salary shedding deals. 

That's plus $11 million for the salary difference on next season's salary which pushes the Hawks to $181 million and over the LT.

If Tony's gonna keep avoiding the Tax, what's the point?

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

We'll be very close to the LT if we keep the players with contracts next year

We have $163.2 million in taxable salaries including 10 guarantees plus 2 unguarantees (GMat and Bruno). Add the current #9 pick of $4.5 mil, the #18 Sac pick of $2.7 mil. 

That's $170.4 million for 14 players.

The Luxury Tax is  $172 million, that leaves $1.6 mil under the tax. 

This doesn't include Bey who has a caphold of $13 mil.

Out of everyone Bey looks like the least to get re-signed or matched unless it's the qualifying offer he takes

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

That's plus $11 million for the salary difference on next season's salary which pushes the Hawks to $181 million and over the LT.

It's looking like they need to just tote the line until Centennial Yards is done, Tony gets his pay day and sells the team.. double profit.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Out of everyone Bey looks like the least to get re-signed or matched unless it's the qualifying offer he takes

His QO is $6.4 million (highly unlikely he takes that), which puts us over the luxury tax.  

We can drop Bruno and GMat and be right at the $172 tax line. 

Changes will happen.

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

It's looking like they need to just tote the line until Centennial Yards is done, Tony gets his pay day and sells the team.. double profit.

That's 2026, that's when the World Cup is - Tony's not selling before that. Lol. 

Onyeka, Capela, and Bey need to go. We need to give other players a shot.. the Vucevics, Nurkics, etc. of the league. Keep Murray unless he can be used to get a stud frontcourt.

I'm very disappointed in OO after he got the extension.. I expected a big jump but it's regression: https://www.espn.com/nba/player/stats/_/id/4431680/onyeka-okongwu

Our frontcourt is the the weakness on this team.

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Onyeka, Capela, and Bey need to go. We need to give other players a shot.. the Vucevics, Nurkics, etc. of the league. Keep Murray unless he can be used to get a stud frontcourt.

I'm very disappointed in OO after he got the extension.. I expected a big jump but it's regression: https://www.espn.com/nba/player/stats/_/id/4431680/onyeka-okongwu

Dre needs to go also

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Tony gonna have to be will have to okay with paying the LT. Otherwise, that move is a no. It's only going to be a LT for one year. Capela and Bogi expires in 2025. JJ has to resign. 

• Premium Member
25 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Tony gonna have to be will have to okay with paying the LT. Otherwise, that move is a no. It's only going to be a LT for one year. Capela and Bogi expires in 2025. JJ has to resign. 

Bogi expires in 2026.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

The curious case of OO.  smh 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, theheroatl said:

They don't all need to go but they need to be in their roles.  I think Capela needs to go.  Onyeka needs to start for now and Bey needs to be in his regular role off the bench.    We havent' really seen what the lineup of Trae/DJ/Hunter/JJ/OO can do.  

• Like 2