• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

• Premium Member

Somebody Tell me that This is BS...

Caught a podcast (Knicks fan).. They are high fiving and stuff.

Then I read this:

"3 team trade. We land dlo aj griffin and Christian wood. We only give up mavs pick and fournier and we keep grimes. Clint and murray to the Lakers and hawks gets 2 1st rounders fournier hachimura and some other guy. It's perfect"

Tell me this is BS!!!

• Haha 1

• Premium Member

OK... Cool.  I'm back.

For now that's not the deal.... I had to check my outsider's outsider source. 

Said that we're looking for 2 1sts and a Pick swap with an expiring for Murray.   Sounds just like rebuild.  Knicks fans want Murray.   But that's just the fans.   That Mavs pick is no good.   Their own pick is no good.  Why are we so freaking in love with Picks?

13 minutes ago, Diesel said:

image.png

If the Hawks do this BS...  I will be at the next Home game looking for Landry and Kyle...

So 2 extremely late 1sts almost 2nd's and 3 bums.  Yeah i think each one of us should pop Landry in the mouth next time we see him.  and i'll be changing my avatar and name on these boards after i disown Korver  for sabotaging the hawks if they do anything even close to this BS.

Edited by Threezus
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, Threezus said:

So 2 extremely late 1sts almost 2nd's and 3 bums.  Yeah i think each one of us should pop Landry in the mouth next time we see him.  and i'll be changing my avatar and name on these boards after i disown Korver  for sabotaging the hawks if they do anything even close to this BS.

The word on the street is that we want 2 picks and a Pick Swap.. with an expiring for Murray.  To me, that's crazy.  Not really from a valuation.. but mainly from a we're past picks place.. unless we're going to rebuild. 

53 minutes ago, Diesel said:

OK... Cool.  I'm back.

For now that's not the deal.... I had to check my outsider's outsider source. 

Said that we're looking for 2 1sts and a Pick swap with an expiring for Murray.   Sounds just like rebuild.  Knicks fans want Murray.   But that's just the fans.   That Mavs pick is no good.   Their own pick is no good.  Why are we so freaking in love with Picks?

I have no idea.  Sounds like the FO wants a chance to screw up more drafts.  Giving away a very good player for junk.  It's becoming a trend.  Fans ought to boycott home games to let Ressler  know how sick of this kind of stuff we are.

Edited by Watchman
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Diesel said:

The word on the street is that we want 2 picks and a Pick Swap.. with an expiring for Murray.  To me, that's crazy.  Not really from a valuation.. but mainly from a we're past picks place.. unless we're going to rebuild. 

Thats close to the same value we gave up  1 less pick  so it's not a god awful return because we got murray younger and less money owed.  So i can see the 1 less pick in value as somewhat fair.   I know ours was unprotected but depending on what team we trade with the new picks could be better picks than the ones we gave up unprotected if we get our crap together and start making it in the playoffs.    To do that though we probably need to take those picks we get and flip them for another star ASAP.

I will say im not as against picks as some people are because picks  ALWAYS = good trade value and easier to move than mid tier or worse players when it comes to trading for a star player.   I feel if we were to try to trade for KAT  and we were offering  2 1sts  or Bey + Griffin  the 2 1st's probably help us get KAT more than those 2.  As long as we can make up the cap needed with another player like Capela +Hunter  or something to reach a KAT value to make the trade work.

28 minutes ago, Threezus said:

Thats close to the same value we gave up  1 less pick  so it's not a god awful return because we got murray younger and less money owed.  So i can see the 1 less pick in value as somewhat fair.   I know ours was unprotected but depending on what team we trade with the new picks could be better picks than the ones we gave up unprotected if we get our crap together and start making it in the playoffs.    To do that though we probably need to take those picks we get and flip them for another star ASAP.

I will say im not as against picks as some people are because picks  ALWAYS = good trade value and easier to move than mid tier or worse players when it comes to trading for a star player.   I feel if we were to try to trade for KAT  and we were offering  2 1sts  or Bey + Griffin  the 2 1st's probably help us get KAT more than those 2.  As long as we can make up the cap needed with another player like Capela +Hunter  or something to reach a KAT value to make the trade work.

I wouldn't give up too much for late first round picks (essentially second round picks.). Why would another team jump at that "opportunity"?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

Somebody Tell me that This is BS...

Caught a podcast (Knicks fan).. They are high fiving and stuff.

Then I read this:

"3 team trade. We land dlo aj griffin and Christian wood. We only give up mavs pick and fournier and we keep grimes. Clint and murray to the Lakers and hawks gets 2 1st rounders fournier hachimura and some other guy. It's perfect"

Tell me this is BS!!!

Hachimura is better than all Hawks big men. Hawks need to rebuild via draft. I so wish the Hawks had the Pelicans roster. They are loaded with good picks from the draft. Only problem is Hawks have Landry and Kyle as GMs and possibly an owner son who plays nba 2k

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Watchman said:

I have no idea.  Sounds like the FO wants a chance to screw up more drafts.  Giving away a very good player for junk.  It's becoming a trend.  Fans ought to boycott home games to let Ressler  know how sick of this kind of stuff we are.

Hawks have nothing to offer. No one wants anything the Hawks has. Its time to rebuild. Trae is not getting a ring in Atlanta. 

2 minutes ago, StonedDogs said:

Hawks have nothing to offer. No one wants anything the Hawks has. Its time to rebuild. Trae is not getting a ring in Atlanta. 

That is quite possibly true, but we've got to get a better return on our investments.  We give away good players for a Coke and a bag of chips.

8 hours ago, Vol4ever said:

Thinking the rapture coming is hatred?  

In and of itself, it’s just religious propaganda. But take into account the tone of all AJ’s tweets about religion (some of which he deleted) and he’s the kind of Christian that makes me think he’s an extremist with a hateful heart. A few nice lovey Jesusy tweets don’t fool me. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, Threezus said:

There's nothing wrong with Murray.  Murray is a better player now with a good contract.  I don't see the value in trading him for picks.  Moreover, the picks will never be as valuable as the player.   I am just in adamant disagreement with the ideas that we must trade DJ and that Trae and DJ doesn't work.   Landry needs to do his job better and put together a Frontcourt that can enhance Trae+DJ. 

• Like 4

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, JTB said:

What’s everyone’s thoughts on trading for Miles Bridges to replace Hunter at SF ?

What would it cost us?  He's an expiring.   I'm sure Charlotte would love to give him up for a FRP.  DO you do that for an expiring?  I like the thought of getting him.. but at their cost, I would like more protections for us. 

4 hours ago, StonedDogs said:

Hachimura is better than all Hawks big men. Hawks need to rebuild via draft. I so wish the Hawks had the Pelicans roster. They are loaded with good picks from the draft. Only problem is Hawks have Landry and Kyle as GMs and possibly an owner son who plays nba 2k

If u build thru draft Trae Is gone to ask out and or will leave..picks are only be for trades only..best to keep DJ and trade other trash we have first 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Sothron said:

Uh...no to the first sentence. Hachimura is trash. Lazy, inefficient and plays no defense. Want zero part of him.

Agree with the next two sentences.

FWIW Nick Ressler is an avid NBA 2K gamer. He used to bring trades he got in franchise mode to the rest of the FO. He stopped doing it after I mentioned it on  here. 

Ressler has a burner account on the Squawk too. I don't know who it is but he's on here. So feel free to talk to Nick. He will see it.

If ressler has a burner then he better listen

11 minutes ago, Diesel said:

What would it cost us?  He's an expiring.   I'm sure Charlotte would love to give him up for a FRP.  DO you do that for an expiring?  I like the thought of getting him.. but at their cost, I would like more protections for us. 

Bridges,lavine,grant would be nice to have 

4 hours ago, Sothron said:

Uh...no to the first sentence. Hachimura is trash. Lazy, inefficient and plays no defense. Want zero part of him.

Agree with the next two sentences.

FWIW Nick Ressler is an avid NBA 2K gamer. He used to bring trades he got in franchise mode to the rest of the FO. He stopped doing it after I mentioned it on  here. 

Ressler has a burner account on the Squawk too. I don't know who it is but he's on here. So feel free to talk to Nick. He will see it.

Lololol awesome