• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

• Premium Member

Alex Caruso could be worth two protected first-round picks in trade market

i_6f_28_a9_alex-caruso.png?w=190

The Bulls have six days to decide if they really want to hang onto Alex Caruso and continue to be Team Play-In. Several playoff teams have expressed strong interest in him, sources said. It wouldn’t shock me if the Bulls ended up with two protected first-round picks if they ginned up a trade war for Caruso.

– via ESPN

• Moderators
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

I heard a former gm say it's a violation whether they do it in the media or privately.  I imagine some, such as the ones that leak to 'insiders', go rogue. 

I think that is completely wrong as applicable to non-public conversations between team executives.

• Sad 1

• Moderators
Just now, kg01 said:

Eh, it's what the former GM said vs what you and hotSupes say. 🫤

It's just that there are no rules against GMs using names of players on other teams in private conversations and there are rules against them using them in public.  Not saying that someone didn't say it.  Just saying that I haven't seen anything to support or confirm that and it goes against common sense for how the league would want to do business.

• Like 1

Just now, AHF said:

It's just that there are no rules against GMs using names of players on other teams in private conversations and there are rules against them using them in public.  Not saying that someone didn't say it.  Just saying that I haven't seen anything to support or confirm that and it goes against common sense for how the league would want to do business.

I mean, I hear you.  I'm just tellin' ya what the dude said.  The only part I love about it is hotSupes disagrees.  That warms my heart. 🤓

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
Just now, kg01 said:

Not surprising.  Seems like a '20pts on a bad team' kind of guy.  Get some value while you can, HOU.  Maybe to DET for the other Thompson kid?  

Speaking of the Thompson twins saw something about them shooting 17/110 ftom 3 combined. 🤢....that's 15%

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Speaking of the Thompson twins saw something about them shooting 17/110 ftom 3 combined. 🤢....that's 15%

Oof indeed.  Spacing with then on the same team would be a literal clogged toilet. 

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, deester11 said:

Yep..I love our insiders because they give us as much as possible, but I'm beginning to think the FO feeds bs for engagement purposes only. The deadline always comes in with a bang...out with a whimper.IMG_8257.gif.7f0c33fae7474bef274784a1bb81fcac.gif

raf,360x360,075,t,fafafa:ca443f4786.jpg

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Alex Caruso could be worth two protected first-round picks in trade market

i_6f_28_a9_alex-caruso.png?w=190

The Bulls have six days to decide if they really want to hang onto Alex Caruso and continue to be Team Play-In. Several playoff teams have expressed strong interest in him, sources said. It wouldn’t shock me if the Bulls ended up with two protected first-round picks if they ginned up a trade war for Caruso.

– via ESPN

I could be changing my diet.  It wouldn’t shock me if I ate oatmeal for breakfast.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member

At this point, I don't think anything happens with Murray prior to the deadline.  With all eyes on him, he's reminded the league of his true value and the Hawks know they would be seen as suckas if they accepted these trash offers.  However, you can count on the Hawks making a cost cutting move to duck the luxury tax for next season ala John Collins and Kevin Huerter.

• Like 1