• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

This is the sadly the beat package I’ve seen for DJ, and it’s not that great but it’s not horrible.

for Milwaukee to get Murray, a possible package of Bobby Portis, Pat Connaughton, MarJon Beauchamp, Portland’s 2024 second-round pick, and Milwaukee’s 2027 second-round pick has to be sent to the Hawks.

Trae and Bobby would murder the PNR.

I'd like to see Portis on our team.   He brings physicality and toughness to the front line that we lack.  

• Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Since you are both saying the Hawks are pivoting: they are currently ~$9 million under the Luxury Tax this year, combined with Patty's salary that ~$16 million they can take back while staying under the tax.  We can also add another ~$4 million of GMat and Bruno. That's ~$20 million. They can start there.  We also still have the $25 mil JC TPE.

Is there a team looking to dump a useful player or players in the combined ~$16 - 20 mil salary range in anticipation of their cap crunch next season.

I don't believe they are willing to pay the LT this year and become repeaters. I believe next year, they are open to it. That said, we hear this every year. If there was a year, this would be it since we have JC TPE till June 26 or 27. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Vol4ever said:

I don't see the Hawks making a move unless it's something small.  

This typically the Hawks MO at the deadline - small trades.  Bigger trades have usually been in the offseason.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Vol4ever said:

I don't see the Hawks making a move unless it's something small.  

Same. I don't believe we will get Okoro either. I am not sure what he wants for an extention but I can't imagine it's cheap if Cleveland wants to move him. I tab him in the same category as Grimes. 

If teams were willing to trade 2025 or 2026 1sts, we would see a lot more moves tomorrow. Teams are running from 2024 1sts especially if its outside of the lottery. 

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This typically the Hawks MO at the deadline - small trades.  Bigger trades have usually been in the offseason.

Can't blame them this year. Teams around the league aren't being serious.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, NBASupes said:

I don't believe they are willing to pay the LT this year and become repeaters. I believe next year, they are open to it. That said, we hear this every year. If there was a year, this would be it since we have JC TPE till June 26 or 27. 

Again, I specifically noted we are currently $9 million under the Luxury. I am not talking about exceeding the tax this year. 

But if they are really serious about adding to the team, it can't be just about this season and being good enough to be in and stay-in the play in. Sure, plan to be better in the interim for the remainder of the season but with an eye to even be better next season.  It starts with what we do now with the resources we have which the $9 million under the tax is.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

I'd like to see Portis on our team.   He brings physicality and toughness to the front line that we lack.  

Ya he’s a legit big for sure. He’s got it auto from 20 feet out and can bust threes with ease. He would be a borderline all star playing with Trae.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Again, I specifically noted we are currently $9 million under the Luxury. I am not talking about exceeding the tax this year. 

But if they are really serious about adding to the team, it can't be just about this season and being good enough to be in and stay-in the play in. Sure, plan to be better in the interim for the remainder of the season but with an eye to even be better next season.  It starts with what we do now with the resources we have which the $9 million under the tax is.

They sound positive about it on back channels. I believe they are ready to pay the LT. 

A.J. is the player that Atlanta is shopping in these bigger deals name deals like Issac Okoro. 

Mills has been used as a package player or his own with picks for an upgrade. 

Clint is probably going to finish out his deal with Atlanta even if its as a backup. 

Dre just depends on big wings and their availability. No one is just giving these guys away as the demand is high. My guess is Dre stays. I do think this summer could go either way. He could stay or go. He's the new Capela. Where you always are seeking an upgrade but you can't trade him without having a major void. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ABH said:

Just need to get rid of some trash..probably smaller trades is all im.looking for..hopefully few upgrades to help out bench..like to see us get a center..would help out alot

Teams are starting to really value those small pieces. 

• Premium Member

I know this outside the trade realm, but why doesn't Bruno get more run time?   Reminds me of a quicker Drummond.   Kinda like Bufkin not getting any run.  

• Like 4

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

They sound positive about it on back channels. I believe they are ready to pay the LT. 

We just went thru this last deadline and offseason.  Less talk, more action!!

SmEfva-WBm2cF8i297ZBrVP61DFjrfRp-RxYQFWx

.....I'm taking this as another ploy to calm the masses.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

A.J. is the player that Atlanta is shopping in these bigger deals name deals like Issac Okoro. 

Clint is probably going to finish out his deal with Atlanta even if its as a backup. 

AJ for Okoro - he will be a RFA.  I think I saw his potential contract at around $14 million which is what the Hawks supposedly was offering for Bey.  Are the Hawks willing to have two RFAs going into the offseason.

Mills - as expected

Clint - It's time for CC to move to a backup role if he remains.  It's time to see what OO can be as a full time starter at Center before the offseason.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Dre just depends on big wings and their availability. No one is just giving these guys away as the demand is high. My guess is Dre stays. I do think this summer could go either way. He could stay or go. He's the new Capela. Where you always are seeking an upgrade but you can't trade him without having a major void. 

Looking for defense in the year 2024 is like looking for snow cones in the Sahara. 

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

AJ for Okoro - he will be a RFA.  I think I saw his potential contract at around $14 million which is what the Hawks supposedly was offering for Bey.  Are the Hawks willing to have two RFAs going into the offseason.

Mills - as expected

Clint - It's time for CC to move to a backup role if he remains.  It's time to see what OO can be as a full time starter at Center before the offseason.

Bey turned down $14M?!  I am thankful.  

• Like 3