• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Anyone if favor of leaving things intact until the summer?

Wurider05

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, Wurider05 said:

Maybe I am just being a homer1, but I think that we should play out the rest of the season with the current roster. I still think that we can make a run with the team as constructed. 

We can make the play in for sure.  To me it all depends on if this is our best chance to get something good for DJ or Cap or anyone really.  If the chances will be as good come summer then i'm cool with waiting.

I will say our chemistry and our toughness absolutely suck trying to make a move to start setting a tone for next season i think is a good idea.  if just has to be a move to give us value back.

• Moderators

For me it depends entirely on the return in trade offers.  We know we are going to reshuffle the cards so you should just be trying to sell high and buy low.  If the value is there, you pull the trigger.  If it isn't and you think value should come with time then you hold and keep moving forward with that player.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
26 minutes ago, Wurider05 said:

Maybe I am just being a homer1, but I think that we should play out the rest of the season with the current roster. I still think that we can make a run with the team as constructed. 

What kind of 'run?' And to where?

It would require so much to change:

Starters:

1.  Trae/DJ and JJ would need to find ways to play well in the same games

2. We'd need Hunter back and producing

3. We'd need CC to be the guy from 2 years ago or just better than what he is now.

Bench:

4. We'd need OO to really step up, he's dissapointed.

5. We'd need Bey to find his stroke instead of missing the broad side of the barn

6. We'd need Bogi to find his 40% shooting touch. 36.5% is low by his standards.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Wurider05 said:

I am less optimistic than you but am 100% behind being opportunistic.  I do think the team needs to make some moves if it wants to progress past play-in hopeful.

• Premium Member
18 hours ago, Wurider05 said:

I think we can make the playin and probably win a first round game with the team constructed if Trae and Hunter comes back healthy.  Even though I hate the coaching and the continuous playoff rotation that we're playing,  Quin's rigidity has allowed us to see what else we got.  My order would be:

Trae, DJ, Hunter, JJ, Clint = Starters...

Bogi, Garrison, Bey, OO  = Reserves. 

I think what may work for us is to develop two teams for our players. 

DJ, JJ, Clint were all made to run. 

Bogi, Trae, Garrison, and Hunter = Three point shooters. 

I would try to find separations and use maybe the Trae team in the 1st and 3rd and the DJ team in the 2nd and 4th. 

I know it's more likely that they would run 6.5 minute shifts.  But I would do it that way... to see if we could get the maximum out of both guys.   They would reserve for one another on maybe 8 minutes of the game. 

• Moderators

I don't know if Clint has any value right now but if so it seems like our last chance to get something for him.  If not though at least he still contributes and seems like a positive locker room guy. 

• Like 2