• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks should trade for Ingram?

givemesome1ce1

It is pretty clear to me that the Hawks need a front court option instead of a back court option as their number two next to Trae. The Dejounte Murray trade was by all accounts a failure and didn’t improve the team…so why not get a forward that can improve the size of front court, can pass and shoot the three decently well, and has improved as a defender in recent years? 

Brandon Ingram has been the best player for the Pelicans this year averaging 22/5/6. His shot diet may frustrate fans because like Murray, he likes the midrange. But I believe he will adjust for the system and have a career year under Quin and Trae. If the Pelicans are another first round or play-in exit, they will look to shake things up. The Pelicans need a point guard, the hawks can easily send them Dejounte Murray. We can finally have the small forward that the team has been looking for years. Thoughts?

• Like 2

• Premium Member

I didn't realize my guy was at the end of his deal.  Even though Ingram has been at the top of my wish list for a very long time, his FAcy is too much of a gamble even for me.  If we're trading Murray, we need to maximize on the return.  A rental ain't it without knowing for sure we're going to contend.

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

If Ingraham is due a payday that might make him attainable.  Any worthwhile player that could get traded has a flaw.  

Siakam discussion 2.0

The key here is feeling it out with his agent as to how interested he is and whether he is willing to commit to resigning.  Siakam seemed to make it clear he absolutely was not interested in resigning here.  That is very different from either committing to resign or showing an interest in resigning.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

If Ingraham is due a payday that might make him attainable.  Any worthwhile player that could get traded has a flaw.  

Siakam discussion 2.0

It's ultimately about what Ressler is willing to pay or not.