• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Zach Edey Conundrum - Could Edey be the next great Atlanta Hawk or is he the next Cam Reddish

NBASupes

@KB21 

Clint on offense. Post player with average conversion rate, no shot outside 5 feet. Sets picks, rolls to the basket comes out for handoffs to move the basketball at the top of the key. Clogs the lane, mishandles passes constantly. Weighs around 255 lbs. Superior offensive rebounder due to effort and living around the basket. Makes $24 mil/yr.

Edey on offense. Post player with superior conversion rate. Good hands and ability to pass out of the post. Sets picks and rolls to the basket. Unknown shooting ability. Comes out for handoffs and is an able passer from the top. Capable hands, holds ball high. Average to good ability to see the floor. Weighs 300lbs. Superior offensive rebounder due to size, commitment to boxing out and living near the basket. Rookie contract will be around $5mil/yr for 4 years.

Analysis - Edey should have a slightly better offensive impact than Capela almost immediately.

Defensively.

Clint better the farther from the basket you get. Edey better guarding bigs in the post and altering shots by drivers/slashers who have beat their man. Clint better at guarding 3 point shooters and stopping guards on the switch. Edey (drop coverage) better at stopping the lob/slash/dish.

Analysis: Both have flaws. Clint struggles against large bigs. Edey will struggle to stop good shooters who pull up or toss floaters.

• Like 3

Show me an example of Edey in the pick and roll where he isn’t just rolling to post up.  Show me an example where he is catching and scoring on the move and not rolling to just establish position in the post.  

16 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Show me an example of Edey in the pick and roll where he isn’t just rolling to post up.  Show me an example where he is catching and scoring on the move and not rolling to just establish position in the post.  

Try YouTube!  Then you'll actually see some film on him.

• Like 1

I thinks Burns is going to out leverage Edey today and really bother him. I think Edey has another volume stats game potentially but he looks really bad in his matchup overall.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I thinks Burns is going to out leverage Edey today and really bother him. I think Edey has another volume stats game potentially but he looks really bad in his matchup overall.

I think this is going to be a 15+ point blowout.

30 pts - 16 rebs avg for Edey in the tournament. Hard to fathom that at least half of that won't translate to the NBA.

Defensive movement could expose him like it did Demarcus Cousins.

In the Hawks situation, if he's still on the board at 18 - 20, you almost have to take him.  

Once again a good start for him today vs NC State.

We need to make sure there are no starter level players still on the board, if Edey is chosen around the 10th pick.

NC State has closed the gap by taking advantage of Eddy’s lack of ability to close out on shooters.  

Braves game will be starting soon though, thankfully.  This is a boring ass game.  

2 minutes ago, KB21 said:

NC State has closed the gap by taking advantage of Eddy’s lack of ability to close out on shooters.  

Braves game will be starting soon though, thankfully.  This is a boring ass game.  

27 points under 1 minute to go in the half...not a whole lot of exposing going on man.

10 minutes ago, thecampster said:

27 points under 1 minute to go in the half...not a whole lot of exposing going on man.

The shots are there all game.  NBA players aren’t going to miss them like these guys are.  

In fact, they are talking about it right now.  

• Premium Member
Just now, Dnice said:

Edey is racking up to's

He's bringing the ball low on his post ups ang getting ripped/stripped. It doesn't help that he's a bit slow on offense. It takes him a while to get in to position to get that hook shot off.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JTB said:

I’m sold on Edey ….some of his turnovers were not his fault ! You can’t throw it to a 7’4 dudes feet.

I'm watching a lot of "not a foul in college" that will get called in the NBA. Edey will face better post defenders in the NBA but he'll have to put up with less BS no calls.

• Like 1