• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Zach Edey Conundrum - Could Edey be the next great Atlanta Hawk or is he the next Cam Reddish

NBASupes

4 minutes ago, thecampster said:

I'm watching a lot of "not a foul in college" that will get called in the NBA. Edey will face better post defenders in the NBA but he'll have to put up with less BS no calls.

He was fouled a ton by Middlebrooks but they allowed a lot of fouls tonight. That said, they let the boys on both sides play. A lot of physicality. 

44 minutes ago, hawkman said:

He's bringing the ball low on his post ups ang getting ripped/stripped. It doesn't help that he's a bit slow on offense. It takes him a while to get in to position to get that hook shot off.

NC State had the most success I've seen outside of MSU in terms of post defense. That said, when the spacing improved in the 2nd half, Purdue had a shit ton of wide open 3s due to NC State digging. 

NC State by far had the best digs of the season on Edey. You can tell they just gameplan every element of Edey post ups. 

• Premium Member

He's much better on offense when he can just catch it and get his hook shot up. Almost unstoppable even. He struggles when he tries to put it on the floor or has to bring the ball down to chest or waist level. I really like his passing out of the post. He's definitely not a black hole on offense. He finds open shooters quickly. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, hawkman said:

He's much better on offense when he can just catch it and get his hook shot up. Almost unstoppable even. He struggles when he tries to put it on the floor or has to bring the ball down to chest or waist level. I really like his passing out of the post. He's definitely not a black hole on offense. He finds open shooters quickly. 

His poor fluidity makes his post ups an eye sore if he doesn't get great positioning and if he doesn't go to the quick hook, he can get himself into a bit of trouble. His screens were honestly what won the game for Purdue. His big man movement was really good as well and he tired out Burns quickly. 

The low post movement just wasn't there today. Middlebrooks was beating him low and man, he had active hands and he was smart with it as well. Very veteran like. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, KB21 said:

NC State has closed the gap by taking advantage of Eddy’s lack of ability to close out on shooters.  

Braves game will be starting soon though, thankfully.  This is a boring ass game.  

Checked Braves score and then right back to College Basketball..

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

if he doesn't go to the quick hook

He seems to get the ball and gather every time before going into his drop and shot. I can invision a lot of steals if he takes that much time in the NBA.

Needs to catch and go. Or catch and send it outside. Quick decisions are going to be his friend because it takes a sec to get his big body going. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

He seems to get the ball and gather every time before going into his drop and shot. I can invision a lot of steals if he takes that much time in the NBA.

Needs to catch and go. Or catch and send it outside. Quick decisions are going to be his friend because it takes a sec to get his big body going. 

That’s his tragic flaw.  He can’t move quickly.  There is no explosion in his game.  He’s just a slow plodder.  

11 minutes ago, KB21 said:

If you want to make a case that Atlanta should draft Donovan Clingan, it’s not my type of big but I’ll buy.  

Zach Edey?   Hell the f*** no!

I’m not impressed with Clingan so far. I’m a bama fan but secretively I’m hoping we see a Clingan vs Edey championship.