• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

When the Celtics Wake Up....

Diesel

• Premium Member

And determine that they are not going to pay Jaylen Brown the Supermax with Tatum coming up for his supermax....   Would you be upset if we traded:

DJ, OO, and Bogi to Boston for Jaylen Brown and Horford. 

Then we ran the next few years with:

Trae, Brown, Holland, JJ, and Clint.

A don't have a late pick for Center....  Maybe Missi or Filipowski?

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

And determine that they are not going to pay Jaylen Brown the Supermax with Tatum coming up for his supermax....   Would you be upset if we traded:

I wouldn’t be upset. Cs fans probably would be though. 

• Premium Member
26 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

I wouldn’t be upset. Cs fans probably would be though. 

Cs fans need to come back to reality.   They can't afford two supermax and Porzingas and the rest.   Boston is just as money tight as we are.   My guess is that they are giving the team this one season to see if they can get it done.   I don't believe that they can. 

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Cs fans need to come back to reality.   They can't afford two supermax and Porzingas and the rest.   Boston is just as money tight as we are.   My guess is that they are giving the team this one season to see if they can get it done.   I don't believe that they can. 

It will depend on their playoff success and if they have an owner WILLING to pay the taxes.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Diesel said:

You definitely pay both of those guys the supermax.

• Premium Member
23 minutes ago, Packfill said:

Can the Hawks afford two super max contracts and put a winning squad around those two contracts?

I think we have he 2nd richest Owner in the NBA.   The question is will he spend to win?

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Diesel said:

I think we have he 2nd richest Owner in the NBA.   The question is will he spend to win?

You could make an argument that winning a championship would have a much bigger impact on the value of the Hawks as a franchise versus the Celtics (since they already have some "championship" shine on their valuation) and thus it would be more lucrative in the long run for Ressler to make a big push for a championship to increase his bottom line.  

Now, is Brown the right piece?  He is absolutely, in my opinion, a move in the right direction but probably not enough, when coupled with Trae and what remains of the Hawks team, to get the Hawks over the finish line.  Maybe if JJ takes his came up another level they could get there, but that is asking a lot.

I would go all in for someone like Tatum to pair with Trae but probably not Brown (just like I would not have done the Murray deal as I do not see him as the right fit).

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, Packfill said:

You could make an argument that winning a championship would have a much bigger impact on the value of the Hawks as a franchise versus the Celtics (since they already have some "championship" shine on their valuation) and thus it would be more lucrative in the long run for Ressler to make a big push for a championship to increase his bottom line.  

Now, is Brown the right piece?  He is absolutely, in my opinion, a move in the right direction but probably not enough, when coupled with Trae and what remains of the Hawks team, to get the Hawks over the finish line.  Maybe if JJ takes his came up another level they could get there, but that is asking a lot.

I would go all in for someone like Tatum to pair with Trae but probably not Brown (just like I would not have done the Murray deal as I do not see him as the right fit).

I like the pairing with Brown because he's a big Guard.  He plays physical defense.   There's a He's from Atlanta Benefit.. and offensively, he can create a little for himself.   I think JJ is coming along. 

Most of yall missed our first round draft pick...  Holland. If we had Holland and JJ on the Wings with Brown and then brought Hunter off the bench.. we'd be unstoppable. 

5 hours ago, Diesel said:

I like the pairing with Brown because he's a big Guard.  He plays physical defense.   There's a He's from Atlanta Benefit.. and offensively, he can create a little for himself.   I think JJ is coming along. 

Most of yall missed our first round draft pick...  Holland. If we had Holland and JJ on the Wings with Brown and then brought Hunter off the bench.. we'd be unstoppable. 

I did not miss that. Holland is two years away, assuming he develops a reliable jumper, from being a useful rotation player. At that Clint and Horford are retired and the Hawks have no bigs and JJ’s new deal has them capped out. 

• Premium Member
14 hours ago, Packfill said:

I did not miss that. Holland is two years away, assuming he develops a reliable jumper, from being a useful rotation player. At that Clint and Horford are retired and the Hawks have no bigs and JJ’s new deal has them capped out. 

Yeah either way we would have to address our C in this draft.. but fortunately, it's stack.  I saw this guy at Oregon  D'Ante.  I like him a lot.