• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Nets about to get good

KB21

• Premium Member

Hope coach Bud is doing well on a personal level. I’ll always appreciate what he did here. His initial coaching staff was insanely talented.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Idk about that. The Nets need a #1 option badly but the Nets got a nice fit with Bridges, Johnson, and Claxton to work with. They just need that #1 option. 

If they hire Bud, they will make at worst a 10 game improvement.  

42 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I want a second opinion, doc. 😁 

Well, they blew it.  Jordi may end up being a great coach.  Mike is currently a great coach.  Much like Milwaukee, if they were going with an assistant, there isn’t one better than Charles Lee.  

I still say Quin should hire Bud as a consultant.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Well, they blew it.  Jordi may end up being a great coach.  Mike is currently a great coach.  Much like Milwaukee, if they were going with an assistant, there isn’t one better than Charles Lee.  

1. Did Bud leave on good terms from the Hawks/Ressler?

2. Quin struggles again, Bud takes over? Who needs that again (LP/Nate).

We don't need any whispering undercurrents flowing.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

1. Did Bud leave on good terms from the Hawks/Ressler?

2. Quin struggles again, Bud takes over? Who needs that again (LP/Nate).

We don't need any whispering undercurrents flowing.

1.  Probably not, but I don't give a shit about Ressler's opinion on that since he's the one that forced him out to begin with.

2.  I highly doubt Bud would undermine one of his former assistants.  

1 hour ago, KB21 said:

Imho, it's bigger than "who the best coach would be".

I find it appalling Sean Marks still has a job in the first place.  He certainly has to be on a bit of a hotseat.  I also can't see Buden wanting to go to a place where he'd have no say in personnel.  If you're Marks, wouldn't you rather have a guy that's presumably not worried about that?

Buden could survive in an organization as a coach or exec.  Thus he could represent an actual and additional threat to Marks' job security. 

Hiring some up and comer is a survival play for Marks.  A legit question could be asked in why he didn't opt for Lee.  Like Atkinson, I'm starting to wonder if Lee just doesn't interview well or something. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, KB21 said:

1.  Probably not, but I don't give a shit about Ressler's opinion on that since he's the one that forced him out to begin with.

2.  I highly doubt Bud would undermine one of his former assistants.  

1. Doesn't matter if you/we DGAF about Toni's opinion.  His bum-a** is still in charge.

2. None of us know that for sure.  I bet a lotta folks wouldn't believe Gllllenn Rivers would consult with MIL to have them fire Adrian Griffin and hire his bum-a**, but it (allegedly) happened.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Buden could survive in an organization as a coach or exec.  Thus he could represent an actual and additional threat to Marks' job security. 

Don't disagree with you but have to comment about what his actual track record shows:  Great coach.  Incompetent executive.  

1 hour ago, KB21 said:

How would his role as a consultant differ from being an assistant coach in this scenario?

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

He would watch the games from a luxury suite instead of the bench. 

If he is basically a specially titled assistant coach, then I'm on board with that.  I don't think we need any confusion about who is really in charge and don't think we need another voice on personnel matters (we have too many voices already and the team's personnel moves under Budcox were awful).  

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, KB21 said:

No...

1. He took over from Ferry in a role he wasn't qualified for.

2. Bud had no interest in a rebuild. Let's not change the facts. 

3. Also a rumor he undermined Ferry with the whole Deng kerfuffle, though not sure how credible that is

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AHF said:

Don't disagree with you but have to comment about what his actual track record shows:  Great coach.  Incompetent executive. 

We agree.  But I could see a scenario where an organization like the Nets could squint real hard (at the dollars spent) and convince themselves it's just easier (cheaper) to let him do some exec functions after they fire Marks. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

No...

1. He took over from Ferry in a role he wasn't qualified for.

2. Bud had no interest in a rebuild. Let's not change the facts. 

Thanks.  The idea that Buden was a 'babe in the woods, all-in on Hawks but had it taken from him' is plainly false.  

HE quit on US.  Period. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Thanks.  The idea that Buden was a 'babe in the woods, all-in on Hawks but had it taken from him' is plainly false.  

HE quit on US.  Period. 

He wasn't interested in losing games on purpose.  No credible coach is interested in that.  The Hawks also knew that they kept Bud, there was no way they would lose enough games to get a top pick no matter how they stacked the roster against him.  Ownership wanted to lose games, and Travis Schlenk was on board.  So, they pushed the issue to force Bud out when they should have given him a big extension and let him do his work.  All of this started when Tony Ressler forced Dwight Howard onto Bud when Bud wanted to keep Al Horford.  

• Like 1