• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2024 Hawks Offseason Thread: Lottery Bound

JayBirdHawk

3 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

The best thing about Sarr is he is 7'1", athletic, has great defensive instincts, and he can shoot -- he's the archetype of big that every single in the team would kill for.

I think the point has to be made that the Hawks need the best front court defender and the best backcourt POA defender to pair with Trae.

We saw when Capela was great (he didn't need to create for himself), we played really well.

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

The best thing about Sarr is he is 7'1", athletic, has great defensive instincts, and he can shoot -- he's the archetype of big that every single in the team would kill for.

He has the potential to be that archetype.  Will be a couple years before we know if he becomes that guy or not.  He is not likely going to be Chet Holmgren from day one.  

1 minute ago, warcore said:

you act like you've been right about everything ever. Look into the past and save future supes from more embarrassment. 

You keep saying Clingan is the fit with Trae..... you know Trae has speed and likes to run the floor right? You know Trae likes spacing right? Clingan don't do those things like Sarr. 

Also, Cam Reddish is not Randy Moss. 

Clingan runs the floor exceptionally well for his size. We see it at UCONN at all of the time. 

Sarr stats in ABL sucks. He don't got a skill set. He's just a big piece of raw material with flashes outside of elite lateral quickness. He's not tough. He's not strong. He's soft. I didn't like him at all before we landed in this spot and I hate him even more now. 

Golly!  Hawks get #1 in the draft which, apparently, no one wants.  How about other NBA teams?  Anyone want him, whoever he is?  Can we swap this pick for someone's future pick or picks?  Maybe two 2nd round picks next year if he's this bad.

Could we bundle this pick with a couple of bench players for a full bag of new basketballs?  

:bb:

• Like 3

• Premium Member
Just now, Packfill said:

He has the potential to be that archetype.  Will be a couple years before we know if he becomes that guy or not.  He is not likely going to be Chet Holmgren from day one.  

Chet wasn't Chet from day 1 -- he spent a year developing.  Sarr will likely be there by year two, particularly if we let him develop some in College Park.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Update:

Sarr is the FO favorite at this moment. Ressler wants to keep the pick and not trade it since it is the first ever Hawks #1 lottery pick.

Reason enough to root for a trade. 

5 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Ok you're starting to convince me, Tony. 

• Haha 1

Just now, JeffS17 said:

Chet wasn't Chet from day 1 -- he spent a year developing.  Sarr will likely be there by year two, particularly if we let him develop some in College Park.

Chet is so much better than Sarr. It's insane. One of those guys between Paolo and Chet was worth the 1st pick

• Premium Member

I mean yeah, it isn’t the best draft ever but I’ll gladly take the first pick. At the very least we can now look forward to everyone debating every single player now lol. 

• Haha 3