• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2024 Hawks Offseason Thread: Lottery Bound

JayBirdHawk

3 minutes ago, aali34 said:

Isn't this the ideal spot for him then?

We got an undersized 5 in Okongwu who needs help with rim protection, but has toughness and is a good post defender.

A 3/4 in Jalen Johnson who you say cannot play the three on defense. But is a good team defender and great rebounder.

They all seem to cover each others weak areas.

Ignore it.  You want a center that can guard multiple positions in today’s NBA 

Just now, aali34 said:

Isn't this the ideal spot for him then?

We got an undersized 5 in Okongwu who needs help with rim protection, but has toughness and is a good post defender.

A 3/4 in Jalen Johnson who you say cannot play the three on defense. But is a good team defender and great rebounder.

They all seem to cover each others weak areas.

I don't believe JJ at the 3 is even close to a good idea.

If he's 1st overall, there is going to be elite expectations. That's the problem. He's a perfect pick for 10, a terrible one for 1. 

Because sending him to the gleague, using him as a wing and developing his by far the best path forward but he needs real development and patience. Also, he's going to be blocked by JJ. Man, if Giannis is available, trade this pick for him. 

Obviously, like Gueye, Sarr has real upside if used correctly. The issue is, we need a center. Sarr ain't that and if you try to force it, he will bust. Why do that when we have Trae? 

23 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I already spitballed trading with the Spurs for 4 and 8 for our #1 pick.

How about this pick for our 1st round pick next year.  Spurs might - - -  If we throw in something to sweeten the pot.. No one wants this year's pick and next year is supposed to contain all of the all-star players that you can count, maybe into the 2nd round!

🤔

• Premium Member
Just now, NBASupes said:

I don't believe JJ at the 3 is even close to a good idea.

If he's 1st overall, there is going to be elite expectations. That's the problem. He's a perfect pick for 10, a terrible one for 1. 

Because sending him to the gleague, using him as a wing and developing his by far the best path forward but he needs real development and patience. Also, he's going to be blocked by JJ. Man, if Giannis is available, trade this pick for him. 

Obviously, like Gueye, Sarr has real upside if used correctly. The issue is, we need a center. Sarr ain't that and if you try to force it, he will bust. Why do that when we have Trae? 

I'm confused, do you think we can't have OO play center and let JJ and Sarr play the forward spots?

Are your concerns on offense or defense?

• Like 2

Just now, aali34 said:

I'm confused, do you think we can't have OO play center and let JJ and Sarr play the forward spots?

Are your concerns on offense or defense?

Sarr isn't close to ready to play in the rotation, even as a 10th man. He's raw no matter where he plays right now. He's like a raw piece of clay that needs to be molded but he lacks toughness, he's soft, and he's weak. He's really not a big man at all. The argument is, he got a lot of potential on the perimeter. His base for ball handling is decent. He got legit upside as an overall player but he's just lacks a position right now. 

30 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Hawks aren't trading the pick.

You really really think a franchise with it's first #1 is trading it? 

No front office is making that gamble mistake.. ya'll playing 2k in your minds

Then again, nobody through in their right mind that the Falcons will draft a QB with the 8th pick while sending over 180 million for a F/A QB.

Never say never when it comes down to decisions like that.

If I had to compare his lateral quickness, I have it at just a tick below Avery Bradley and that's exceptional for anyone over 6'6

Just now, capstone21 said:

Risachar should be the target … 3 and D SF

Sarr is Mo Bamba

Sarr is a lot worse as a center than Mo Bamba. He's just a million times better as a wing than Bamba at the same stage as Bamba has negative wing ability. 

• Premium Member
Just now, NBASupes said:

Sarr isn't close to ready to play in the rotation, even as a 10th man. He's raw no matter where he plays right now. He's like a raw piece of clay that needs to be molded but he lacks toughness, he's soft, and he's weak. He's really not a big man at all. The argument is, he got a lot of potential on the perimeter. His base for ball handling is decent. He got legit upside as an overall player but he's just lacks a position right now. 

Thats fair, I'm at a half glass full approach since I'm not the one making these decisions. Hopefully he proves you wrong.

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

Update:

Sarr is the FO favorite at this moment. Ressler wants to keep the pick and not trade it since it is the first ever Hawks #1 lottery pick.

Fking ofcourse he does 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, capstone21 said:

Risachar should be the target … 3 and D SF

Sarr is Mo Bamba

Risacher is a much better wing than Sarr but the upside Sarr has as a big wing is superior to Risacher. 

Where the convo is obvious is if we need a 5 which we do, Clingan massively clears Sarr. 

1 minute ago, aali34 said:

Thats fair, I'm at a half glass full approach since I'm not the one making these decisions. Hopefully he proves you wrong.

He won't prove me wrong for what he currently is but he can prove himself right in terms of what he can be. 

2 minutes ago, MaceCase said:

Supes, you’re doing a terrible job here.  You need to be hyping Sarr up like he’s a mini Wemby so we can manufacture a bidding war.

Bro, this is a message board. Honesty is all I can give