• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2024 Hawks Offseason Thread: Lottery Bound

JayBirdHawk

14 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Trading down to get what and who?

Maybe SA falls in love with someone and trades 4 and 8 to us

Moderator Note:  The remainder of this post was an unacceptable and profane personal attack.  This is not allowed on Hawksquawk.

• Premium Member
14 hours ago, NBASupes said:

[deleted]

Please don't bro. You are better than that. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Sothron said:

Draft board before lottery balls was Sarr Risacher and Clingan. In that order. From both Hawks sources confirmed. Make of it what you will. 

Thank goodness workouts haven't started yet. That said, that doesn't give me much hope either. I do expect Sarr to shine in individuals and since he's in this range, he doesn't have to play in a group setting. This was always my fear. The upside play and this doesn't even make sense either. People will sell on Sarr but I've watched the games in full. If he was that guy, believe me, I would be the first looking for him to be a member of the Hawks but he's not. I wasn't for Marvin over CP3 and I believe this would be a bigger mistake. 

• Premium Member
14 hours ago, NBASupes said:

[deleted

[response to Supes inappropriate post removed]
*edit - this is also sarcasm, and not how I actually talk, for anybody that can't tell.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Please don't bro. You are better than that. 

I am pissed. Anyone wants to tell me off because they want me to praise someone i think will bust, can get the smoke today. 

• Sad 2

Just now, ShooterSays said:

If we didn't have Trae, sure.

But in a couple hours of scouting, I'm seeing a really good shot blocker and good lob threat.

Put this guy next to OO and I'm less worried about his strength. But he literally just turned 19...he's going to get stronger -

image.png.c61eb15d71cbc9b445b14f4b8cf62e93.png

Not saying he's Giannis, but he's going to get stronger too.

Giannis was pick 15 on a team with nothing with upside. He was given so much patience. The Hawks have a team built around Trae Young. Trae expects for us to win now. We rush this guy and put him at the 5, we our gonna f*** up our investment asap. 

The risk is way too high. Everyone that wants us to draft him are comparing him to polished guys 10x better than he is. He may have more talent than most guys, hell, he would be one of the most talented players in last year's draft too but his floor is so damn low. 

I don't like it and comparing it to Giannis doesn't speak to where we are and where we are with the pick.

5 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I'm honestly more thinking Sarr as a 3 would give us a crazy long front count. 🤔 

This will take so much time. We are talking at the earliest, he's in the rotation in 2025 and maybe if we land BI, that's not a bad thing. 

Trae 

BI

Sarr

JJ

???

Damn near everyone 6'9 and athletic af. This is if his development is super fast and who knows, we saw Vit improvement in College Park 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 3

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Giannis was pick 15 on a team with nothing with upside. He was given so much patience. The Hawks have a team built around Trae Young. Trae expects for us to win now. We rush this guy and put him at the 5, we our gonna f*** up our investment asap. 

The risk is way too high. Everyone that wants us to draft him are comparing him to polished guys 10x better than he is. He may have more talent than most guys, hell, he would be one of the most talented players in last year's draft too but his floor is so damn low. 

I don't like it and comparing it to Giannis doesn't speak to where we are and where we are with the pick.

This is valid. At 15th you can easily swing for pure potential.  We can't do that. I honestly think Sarr at 3 would be a difference maker 

• Like 2