• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2024 Hawks Offseason Thread: Lottery Bound

JayBirdHawk

1 minute ago, REHawksFan said:

This ain't that complicated to me. You do the same plan as you were going to do with the 10 pick only now you get a better player to do it with. 

You were never going to significantly alter the team in 25 through the draft. So do the trades and use the tpe amd add the No 1 now for exactly what No 10 was supposed to be....depth. 

Draft Sarr and start him in CP or start him on the bench. But you still gotta make trades and change the roster. How the heck does a gift like winning the lotto result in a drastic paradigm shift like tanking? Craziness

It’s because of foolishness such as we should draft for immediate need or the idea that Zach Edey will be anything more than a back up.  

There was this idea by some that if we had stayed at 10, we would have drafted the slow Edey, and in a twilight zone moment, he’s a better fit with Trae.  😂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, marco102 said:

They aren't trading Trae.  Ressler wants to make money with that new development and Trae puts bodies in the seats.  This is just a bunch of overreacting from folks.  None of this is sourced just throwing poop against the wall.

I don't know bro, I can't see a win situation here if we draft Sarr and Trae stays. The reality is. Get our 2025 1st back and 4 and 8. Give them Trae. Start our rebuild with 4 1sts. 

I've been thinking, we got one year to impress Trae. We really can't do that. The best play is Sarr and being patience but we can't do that with Trae. So what's our best play, we don't got one. I've said it early in this thread, the only way drafting Sarr makes sense is if Trae is gone.

Edited by NBASupes
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Just another reason for Ressler to not spend to put a competitive team on the floor. Selling hope with another rebuild to the fan base. It's fool's gold. Wether we pick at 1, 3 7, or 10 wasn't going to be a drastic change. As @marco102 pointed out, what we do with the current players on the roster matters more than the pick.

I think I have been very clear on my feelings of Tony Ressler. He should sell the team if he is not going to pay the LT. This "manna from heaven" is going to show we either pay the LT to boost the team around the # pick and Trae...or he's so cheap he uses this as the jump start to a rebuild...confirming he will never pay the LT.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sothron said:

I think I have been very clear on my feelings of Tony Ressler. He should sell the team if he is not going to pay the LT. This "manna from heaven" is going to show we either pay the LT to boost the team around the # pick and Trae...or he's so cheap he uses this as the jump start to a rebuild...confirming he will never pay the LT.

Idk, I heard he's willing to pay the LT. Maybe he just doesn't think we can contend with Trae being our best player. I honestly agree. We can't 

If we trade him to the Spurs for our picks plus 4 and 8. He's not the best player with the Spurs. That's Wemby

Edited by NBASupes

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I don't know bro, I can't see a win situation here if we draft Sarr and Trae stays. The reality is. Get our 2025 1st back and 4 and 8. Give them Trae. Start our rebuild with 4 1sts. 

I do know Trae puts bodies in the seats.  They will be dealing with an empty arena and the one thing we know Ressler cares about is increasing the value of this Franchise.

Everyone's heard this is a weak draft.  Ain't nobody getting excited about anybody we drafting if you trade Trae.  Call them stans or whatever, but the business side of that doesn't make sense. 

Y'all have really gone off the deep end.  With the tenth pick we can rebuilld or a soft retool, now this isn't directed at you Supes, but because Trae hasn't tweeted about the pick let's assume he's mad about it and that means we can draft all these draft picks and hope we can get a player of Trae's caliber.

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Idk, I heard he's willing to pay the LT. Maybe he just doesn't think we can contend with Trae being our best player. I honestly agree. We can't 

But if we draft Edey we would?

Edited by marco102
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, marco102 said:

I do know Trae puts bodies in the seats.  They will be dealing with an empty arena and the one thing we know Ressler cares about is increasing the value of this Franchise.

Everyone's heard this is a week draft.  Ain't nobody getting excited about anybody we drafting if you trade Trae.  Call them stans or whatever, but the business side of that doesn't make sense. 

Y'all have really gone off the deep end.  With the tenth pick we can rebuilld or a soft retool, now this isn't directed at you Supes, but because Trae hasn't tweeted about the pick let's assume he's mad about it and that means we can draft all these draft picks and hope we can get a player of Trae's caliber.

He does and Tony is gonna see the crowds die but if you go long term, Trae might not be long for Atlanta. 

10 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

But again...this isn't a generational 'Wemby' draft.

What the Hawks have in the #1 pick is more 'equity' to make changes.

Here's the situation: the Hawks are caught between a rock and a hard place. They have a team that's good enough to reach the Play-in but not strong enough to advance to the playoffs, and when they do make it, they're quickly overpowered. With limited cap space and a starting backcourt earning $60 million, they still need to manage Johnson's contract and other disappointments. Moreover, Trae's player option is due in two years. If the team remains stagnant, it's uncertain if he will stay, especially if he has opportunities to join a team that aligns more closely with his ambitions.

As I've mentioned before, the upcoming decision and draft pick will be pivotal in the Atlanta Hawks' history. Just as OKC has demonstrated, it's possible to rebuild while still retaining valuable draft picks and win at a high level.

Edited by NekiEcko
  • Like 2

I've said this before, if we move Trae, Reed Sheppard is my guy. 

I love the way he plays. He fits Quin scheme to a T, he's not a true PG but he makes decisions fast, can shoot, can run the PnR, plays efficient ball and understands the game at a high level plus he's an excellent defender even if his measurables aren't much 

I even think Sarr fits Quin scheme. 

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

You're just making stuff up now. Your Edey dream is dead, so now Trae is trash. :blanky:

I never said Trae is trash. Anything but. 

• Like 1