• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What the heck has got into Chris Crawford???

Plainview1981

I think it's called playing time and being healthy.

This guy has always been better than many have given him credit. He's just never been able to stay healthy.

Last season, when Crawford played, he scored more points per minute than any other Hawks player.

He's 6-9, athletic, and can shoot the ball from the perimeter. He's a hard nosed player who plays all out all the time. He is a willing defender and will attack the basket aggressively on offense.

Is he a long term fixture? No. But he isn't the albatross that some Hawks fans have belived over the past 5 years.

I disagree. Crawford is a keeper. This is Chris Crawford without his full wind and since he's a tweener at the forwards, a little out of position.

This guy will not only continue to get his 15 but plays one heckuva lot better defense than his predessor at that position.

Crawford will cost us his 4 millionish next year and then be eligible for free agency. What would it cost to resign him, jack that's what. 2 million max.

Who would you rather have? An aging vet who's looking for that last contract (like Horace Grant) who can play but is all about protecting the body for retirement or someone willing to crash balls nelly into Shaq for 2 points.

• Premium Member

Crawford is playing really good basketball right now. He has been one of my favorite Hawks since they picked him up. I was really excited a couple of years ago when he did so well in the playoffs. It was a bummer that he has had to battle injuries so long, but I am glad that he is back because he is really exciting to watch.

i say we resign him 2 years for $4-5 million...

not bad for both sides, right?

sure, his salary didnt match his production last year... but its not like he has an AUSTIN CROSHERE contract or an ALAN HENDERSON contract.

peop talk about how bad his contract is when it reality, its not that big of a deal...

btw, next year hes making 3.25 million... does that $3 million hurt us THAT BAD?

no!!! it might hurt us, but not THAT BAD as hawks fans think...

this is also the reason why no one else in the NBA or on ESPN dog him about his contract while hawksquawkers are complaining like crazy. its cuz its not that big of a deal!

Hey, I've always liked his energy and his shooting has improved tremendously. During the pre-game interview with "the Stinger", Chris said when he was hurt all he could do was practice shooting, AND IT SHOWS! This whole thing may be a blessing in disguise. I love to watch this new team play, I love to watch Sura's hustle!! This is a downright fun team to watch. I know some of you pseudo-Hawk fans want us to lose, but frankly I like winning and the play-offs are not out of the question!!

• Premium Member

I say we hold on to CC, protect him from Expansion Draft and see how Next year plays out. With his contract and our cap space, he could just as easily bring us something great. Especially if he continues to avg 18 while Starting.

Sura and CC are keepers. Well I always knew Sura had game and CC showed the same also, he was just always hurt...if he can stay healthy he is definitely a keeper and so is Sura. I think we should keep Sura, Pryz and Rebraca....so will be 3 good players that can contribute for this team and great of the bench.

Yao Ming puts LOTS of centers in foul trouble, yet Pryz managed to stay in the game with 5 fouls about 10 minuts before fouling out, in the Houston game. I think he has come along, he was out of sync after riding the bench all season befcore he came here. He was rusty as heck. I think his defense is definitely not an issue, he is actually above avg defensively for a Center in today's game. He blocked 5 shots last night and altered quite a few more. If he gets PT in the east and you have people that can score around him he will do great. And I think he will be able to score as well when he gets confidence. We'll see that Larry Smith does with him this last couple months. I think you will see some improvement from Pryz.

I'm not saying that Pryz is this monster defenisvely in the paint, but he will get his share of blocks at the same time altering some of them, he is a better rebounder than Theo, is just that Theo was a better shotblocker and weakside defender. This is Pryz only third year in the league and Milwaukee did not give him any PT this year and not much last year. We dont need Pryz to avg 8-9 ppg, just as long as he avg 9+ rpg and get a couple of shots per game plus altering some of them and he will be alright. Remember this is only his 3rd year in the league, he has alot more to work on and show, plus he is a very strong player, one thing for sure he isn't a tweener.