• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

If you could have any player in the league....

TheDude

• Premium Member

If we are considering the player and their contract....

I would take T-mac.

Right now, it's easy to build around Tmac.

The problem with Shaq, KG, and even Duncan is that they make soooo Much money that it's hard to put a good team around them.

Still. Duncan is very very close. I think his skill set is awesome, I just don't know what he could do without the right guards around?

• Premium Member

Lebron is a good option when you consider contract/marketability. My question is how good is he really. Will he be the next Jordan or will he start to fizzle out?

I like Tmac because of his youth, his skill set, his contract, and the fact that he can carry a team. I wouldn't ask him to do it alone though.

This guy is 18 years old and is already dominating much more experienced NBA players. No player his age has ever been this good. Not Garnett. Not Kobe. Not McGrady.

LeBron James has the look of a player that could be the best to ever play the game before his career is over. If I had to take one player to build around, it would be James.

• Admin

I would go with Duncan and then Lebron.

Duncan is better than Garnett. I know some of you hate it, But he is. Garnett couldn't lead a team out of the first round for five years by himself. Duncan has two rings, BY HIMSELF. Garnett is a great player, but he's no winner. He had to surround himself with two all-stars to even have a legit shot. Duncan has been the only all-star quality player on his team since he arrived there. Duncan is a great player AND a winner.

If I couldn't have Duncan I'd take Lebron. He's young and he can do it all. He'll be better than Kobe, Tmac, Vince, etc before the next few seasons.

OK, actually Lebron, but I wanted to offer a different veiwpoint.

1) Lebron

2) PEJA

3) Yao

4) Duncan

5) Garnett

6) Kidd

Those players all take mediocre or poor teams and make them good. Of course, Lebron's team isn't quite good yet, but just wait.

PEJA has made Sac the best team in the league without it's perceived superstar. Does Webb make Sac good? Did he make Washington good?

What many do not realize about basketball is that it's about 2 things: maximizing scoring efficiency on offense and minimizing scoring efficiency on defense. Sure, that's a simple concept, but many do not understand this.

Simply put, PEJA has the highest scoring efficiency in the league. He single handedly beat the Lakers last night despite terrific nights by Shaq and Kobe. Of course, Kobe's night would be perceived as terrific, but closer inspection reveals that he shot only 12-28. Peja is better than Kobe.